Warning! Time Modules may prove addictive

Discussion and support for STG Soundlabs modules of all formats.

Moderators: Kent, suitandtieguy

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Warning! Time Modules may prove addictive

Post by Scot Solida » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 am

Dammit, now I got me a Time Modules jones. Yesterday, I took delivery of a Time Buffer, a pair of Voltage Mini-Stores and a Trigger Mini-Store, and I have a Shift Manager still to come.

After spending all afternoon and evening merrily sloshing around in the temporal tempest stirred up by these lurvely little fellers, I think I may already have developed something of a dependency problem. In his Great and Omniscient Wisdom, our vaunted leader (and favorite funnyman of Panopticon broadcasts), suitandtieguy, saw fit to make his sequencer system expandable. A master stroke that ensures the nagging feeling that one can experience even more of the overwhelming euphoria that the Time Modules provide.

This could, in fact, prove dangerous. Are we advanced enough as a species to resist the obvious and clearly powerful temptations suggested by cabinet full of these things? Do we posses the strength to resist casting off what are, admittedly, lesser modules in order to obtain a constant flow of Time Modules from the backs of delivery vehicles?

I have my doubts, and they are reinforced by the fact that in the brief moments when I have been able to wrench myself away from my new STG modules, I repeatedly return to the STG site and stare longingly at the "add to cart" buttons...

suitandtieguy
Hammond King

Post by suitandtieguy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 pm

so you're saying you like this more than the ARP Sequencer? that's truly flattering. especially since you don't have the Shift Manager yet.

thanks for the kind words of enthusiasm.
http://suitandtieguy.com
http://stgsoundlabs.com
suboptimal wrote:... if it's music you want to make with your modular, STG should be in your system.

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Absolutely. I definitely feel I am getting more enjoyment out of this than I did from the ARP Sequencer. The ability to have each of the modules running different beat divisions; the convenience of the dual vertical rows of switches on the Trigger Mini-Store; the fact that beat-division changes occur on the next bar... all of these things and more make these modules a dream for improvisational jamming. The Shift Manager will add yet another layer of fun to them (plus, being an "odd-meter" kinda guy, it'll suit me quite well). And that's just it: the modular nature of this system allows the user to choose the features that inspire them and build on that. Each module promises more inspiration. Just thinking about what I could do with another Voltage Mini-Store and another couple of Trigger Mini-Stores gives me the shakes...

:drunkhomer:

sunsinger
Watcher of the Skies

Post by sunsinger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:36 am

Yeah, I second that, Scott! with 3 Voltage Mini Store Modules, a Shift Manager, Trigger Mini Store, and the Time Buffer driven by DIN sync from a Mobius,,, I'm in heaven. I got the first "Time Modules Summing Mixer" the other day.

These things are so addictive that I start many of my patches with the Mini Store Suite. I got the first I'm looking forward to another module that I think he has in the works for the Time Modules. Something called the "Time Divider", but I think it was a slip during a conversation.

This module might be something for the "odd meter kinda guy".

8_)

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:26 am

The space in my cabinets is all accounted for now (more so. I'll have to pull a few modules out to fit in the DIY modules I am currently building), but I know any sort of STG "Time Divider" will be a must-have for me. Plus, I am already thinking about what I could do with another couple of Trigger Mini Stores and a second Shift Manager. Needless to say, I am already designing a new cabinet to sit alongside the Big Fella.

Like you, I have begun every patch with the Time Modules lately. Gotta neat 7/8 pattern patched up at the moment, in fact, that I plan to record this morning.

Return to “STG Soundlabs”