Show us your DIY MMModules...

Dedicated forum for the MMM synth modules, both production and DIY units.

Moderators: Kent, mmm

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fluxmonkey » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 am

dual VC LFO in frac format:
The CV pots has a push/pull switch--pull, and you normal the triangle output of the other LFO to the CV in... pull them both and you get crossmodulation = Some Wacky Shit. added LEDs, too.
www.fluxmonkey.com

BUILDER FOR HIRE - kits or custom, email me with your needs

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:06 am

Nice work Bbob!

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 pm

fluxmonkey wrote:dual VC LFO in frac format:
The CV pots has a push/pull switch--pull, and you normal the triangle output of the other LFO to the CV in... pull them both and you get crossmodulation = Some Wacky Shit. added LEDs, too.
Real wacky. I made a demo of my VCF using the VC LFO cross patched for a guy that inquired about it.

The universe didn't collapse, either :)

http://soundcloud.com/mmmodsynth/alegoric-vcf-res-mmm

Nice job Bbob :)

pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pugix » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Mattson VCF in standard MOTM format.

Here is my post about it:

http://pugix.com/synth/mattson-vcf/

I'll be doing some patches with it and maybe post some recordings.
Richard
http://www.pugix.com

"Everything in our world is actually always modulated by everything else." - Peter B

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 am

Reviving this thread because I think the MMM PCBs are a real gift to DIYers looking for a shortcut. Thanks George.

My take on the QuAD/ASR in frac format.

I added a few features, changed a few caps and used a mod George described for use with bipolar pulse waves. If I drive it with a +/-5V pulse wave I can choose to trigger off the rising or falling edge or both. It's between a triple and a quad since I've somewhat combined channels C&D. Of the four channels, A & B have longer times and B has a pull switch pot that makes it loop. Channels C&D are mixed by an analog OR and you can crank C up to a full 10V. The combo makes a decent spikey ADSR for LPGs. The OR uses 3/4 of a quad opamp and the comparator for the B channel's looping feature is the other quarter.

A lot of panel parts for that space but its actually quite finger-friendly.

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am

BananaPlug wrote:Reviving this thread because I think the MMM PCBs are a real gift to DIYers looking for a shortcut. Thanks George.

My take on the QuAD/ASR in frac format.

I added a few features, changed a few caps and used a mod George described for use with bipolar pulse waves. If I drive it with a +/-5V pulse wave I can choose to trigger off the rising or falling edge or both. It's between a triple and a quad since I've somewhat combined channels C&D. Of the four channels, A & B have longer times and B has a pull switch pot that makes it loop. Channels C&D are mixed by an analog OR and you can crank C up to a full 10V. The combo makes a decent spikey ADSR for LPGs. The OR uses 3/4 of a quad opamp and the comparator for the B channel's looping feature is the other quarter.

A lot of panel parts for that space but its actually quite finger-friendly.
Love seeing people get creative with these things. Good Job :yay:

I'm thinking of another sale. Suggestions?

frozenkore
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by frozenkore » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:57 am

Finally! Finished wiring the damned thing. So I learned something, I need a little more room for the pots... Is it okay if the pots body touches the rail? If not, I might have to order another panel slightly modified to give myself an extra mm on the top, oh and cry. Other than that, I was able to cram everything in here. The wiring sticks out a little but I can always wire tie it down to the board, but I don't think it's that bad.

One other thing. I replaced the connector with a new one that goes 90 degrees so I can put the power straight down. Now I made my bracket a little too off. I wanted to attach it to the top pot, but it ran into the rail. So I had to move it down. Otherwise, the cable would extend lower than the module. Also, since it's a conversion cable, you can't just bend it anywhere.

@Jason Brock Sorry it took so long to get this up, but you can see it works just fine. You can put it down or out the back. I went down to conserve depth.

Anyhow, here its the LF1, finished. Please someone let me know if the top of the pot's body touching the rail is okay... I could file it down too...

Cheers!
Brian

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 am

If it's just the body of the pot touching the rail, you should be fine.

If it's the terminals...then, you could have issues.

I'm still concerned about that red wire on the 4P-E being at the V+ in the top pic. Unless you changed the connector on the other side.

G

frozenkore
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by frozenkore » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:07 am

Yea, the ribbon cable is correct. That first picture, I accidentally broke the tab of the connector :oops:. If you look, you'll see that I plugged the cable in backwards and the tab is pointing straight into the air. I realized that quickly and flipped it, but after I took the picture. The second photo shows the tab down as I have it in the correct orientation. Yes, now terminals are touching, merely the top round surface of the pot. I almost had terminals touching on the bottom but I was able to bend them up enough to clear. Very very tight, but it fits (well, again, with the top pot's body touching the rail).
Cheers!
Brian

ubiquiphilia
Common Wiggler

Post by ubiquiphilia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:27 am

scozbor wrote:gate delay!
hasty drilling let me down on the LED's :despair:

beautiful stuff

ubiquiphilia
Common Wiggler

Post by ubiquiphilia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:28 am

Luka wrote:Image
great. Like the knob choice/arrangement.

bleeds_on_keys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bleeds_on_keys » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:33 am

Adam-V wrote:Finger grease AND big knobs -a winning combination!
I think you need to head over to the MU forum... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

elmerfudd
Common Wiggler

somthing different

Post by elmerfudd » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Octal VCA. Dual 4X1 mixers. 4X2 mixer. Balanced +6dbm output. Tried to emulate George's super compact wiring style, took 20hrs of bench work to wire the panel. I have a whole new appreciation of the MM layout, you are a sick man Mr. Mattson, and thank you. Unit is based on 2 quad VCA cards and 2 Melcor style output cards driving Triad HS 56 transformers. It is designed and anodized to match my Wiard 300 synth and interface with a 311C controller. It can do pan and chase, ping pong and other spatial tricks. Only problem is I should have built 2 of them, it was such a PITA to layout and wire I don't want to build another one......

elmerfudd
Common Wiggler

And now with pictures

Post by elmerfudd » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm

ImageImageImage

mmm
yummm!

Re: somthing different

Post by mmm » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:00 pm

elmerfudd wrote:Octal VCA. Dual 4X1 mixers. 4X2 mixer. Balanced +6dbm output. Tried to emulate George's super compact wiring style, took 20hrs of bench work to wire the panel. I have a whole new appreciation of the MM layout, you are a sick man Mr. Mattson, and thank you. Unit is based on 2 quad VCA cards and 2 Melcor style output cards driving Triad HS 56 transformers. It is designed and anodized to match my Wiard 300 synth and interface with a 311C controller. It can do pan and chase, ping pong and other spatial tricks. Only problem is I should have built 2 of them, it was such a PITA to layout and wire I don't want to build another one......
That's pretty intense!
:mmm:

Return to “Mattson Mini Modular”