George Mattson Kicks Some Serious Ass!

Dedicated forum for the MMM synth modules, both production and DIY units.

Moderators: Kent, mmm

slovo
Care Bear of Fury

Post by slovo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:22 am

Yeah! That's what I think anyway. But I don't buy and sell them, I just peek at them on ebay every few months. But maybe my phrasing was weird -- I meant, you live in Japan, duh, of course the prices are far too high! ;p worth it though, for some of that frickin cheap yakisoba... :hyper:
(ignatius) "it's like Point Break meets Schindler's List"
AIRSEA - Creepy noises to protest air pollution

Babaluma

Post by Babaluma » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 am

yep! vintage roland gear, of course (and korg and yamaha) is a little cheaper here i guess.

reminds me, i'm cooking yaki-soba for the family tonight! i am the undisputed yaki soba king of yokohama!!!

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:28 am

nice minis go for 3k+ i sold mine for 2.5 recently and you can see pics in this thread of it! lol. i felt 2.5 was a killer deal. i think it totally depends on the state of repair/osc board etc.they can easily catch 5k, at least when times weren't like the fucking great depression. this thread has been really beautiful to see all the classy work! givin them old girls some love!!!!

slovo
Care Bear of Fury

Post by slovo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:54 am

One thing I must say is nice about buying vintage in Japan is that, from my experience, very few people are willing to let anything out of their hands in less than pristine condition, without full disclosure.

One time I tried to buy an old roland box, deeply discounted, and the salesman really didn't feel comfortable because he was worried I'd get back to America or whatever and find that the knobs were a little scratchy. He went over the problems like a dozen times. There werent even any problems, it's just a touch fragile from having been repaired. Anyway, buying an old moog from a japanese shop is a little like paying $1000 for a lifetime warranty on labor, I'd imagine.

And boy, you keep talkin up that grub and you're gonna find me on your doorstep one day!
(ignatius) "it's like Point Break meets Schindler's List"
AIRSEA - Creepy noises to protest air pollution

Babaluma

Post by Babaluma » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 am

yeah the shops that sell vintage gear in japan are very good, but that's japan all over really, excellent service, best service industry in the world i reckon.

and you're welcome to come over next time you're in japan, just let me know ;)

Return to “Mattson Mini Modular”