I'm now offering a new starter case for MMM modules

Dedicated forum for the MMM synth modules, both production and DIY units.

Moderators: Kent, mmm

mmm
yummm!

I'm now offering a new starter case for MMM modules

Post by mmm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:27 pm

A customer asked me to build something that will hold six modules that doesn't use a 13 GA steel mounting rail. So, I came up with a new starter case:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... -pack.html

I also had to find a new source for power supplies. The article explains it.

Of course, the modules are extra. 8_)

WELCOME BACK Muffwiggler!!! You were missed! :bacon:

In honor of the forums' return, I'm cooking up a new sale. I also added gift certificates to my cart. I guess I got some administrative work done while Muffs was down :despair:

I'm also taking suggestions on what to bring to Chicago for Xarts shindig on April 2/3. Keep in mind that I have to carry everything. :sadbanana:

:mmm:

pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pugix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Great idea, George! :yay:

When these are stacked up, does the handle on the bottom one clear? Or does it need to be removed?
Richard
https://www.pugix.com

FS: US only - Mutable Instruments Streams

"Everything in our world is actually always modulated by everything else." - Peter B

pugix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pugix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Got another question. If you put an Aux Power Control on one of the cabinets, can it control the daisy-chained power to the others?
Richard
https://www.pugix.com

FS: US only - Mutable Instruments Streams

"Everything in our world is actually always modulated by everything else." - Peter B

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Great looking little case, George! :yay: :hail:

:hmm: Your modules, for the most part, are perfectly square, right? Would it be possible to make a vertical version of that case? 8_)

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:34 pm

pugix wrote:Great idea, George! :yay:

When these are stacked up, does the handle on the bottom one clear? Or does it need to be removed?
Yes, They clear. There are some clear bumpers on the bottom of the cabinets.

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:40 pm

pugix wrote:Got another question. If you put an Aux Power Control on one of the cabinets, can it control the daisy-chained power to the others?
Since the power control and or MIDI power entry section grabs the cable from the input socket then, distributes it to the power distribution. The end chain of the power distribution goes to the DC expansion DIN socket, Yes, it would. 8_)

I also have a DC expansion cable I added to the cart to connect additional cabinets together. I made one for my customer with just the 6-pin DIN plug on one and and just open wires on the other end just so he could hook it up to whatever else he had if he desired to do so.

I was about to write you a note and see how you're doing :bananaguitar:

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:45 pm

JohnLRice wrote:Great looking little case, George! :yay: :hail:

:hmm: Your modules, for the most part, are perfectly square, right? Would it be possible to make a vertical version of that case? 8_)
Well, technically, they're square at 3.5" X 3.5". How perfectly square that is depends on how critically the measurements are taken..But, yes, they're square.

Certainly. I can make a vertical version. Have to figure out how to mount the mounting rails but, yes. If needed and, you have some way to keep it from falling over... :bang:

analogsteve
There is no Santa Claus

Post by analogsteve » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:57 pm

This is a great idea George, and the case looks beautiful. Must resist the temptation to start another system in another format...

Bricks
paper kettle

Post by Bricks » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm

wow very very nice!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm

mmm wrote:

Well, technically, they're square at 3.5" X 3.5". How perfectly square that is depends on how critically the measurements are taken..But, yes, they're square.

Certainly. I can make a vertical version. Have to figure out how to mount the mounting rails but, yes. If needed and, you have some way to keep it from falling over... :bang:
Piano hinge 5 to 8 of them together? :hihi: Then in use you'd have this sweet semi circle of linked tall skinny racks and for transport the two end ones could latch together so you'd have this semi protected tube 'o synths to carry around! :lol:

George reponds: "John, why are you wasting time thinking up this stuff when you have a MiniMoog to finish restoring. Ya know, the one I built the beautiful case for, hhhmm?!" :msnsmack:

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
mmm wrote:

Piano hinge 5 to 8 of them together? :hihi: Then in use you'd have this sweet semi circle of linked tall skinny racks and for transport the two end ones could latch together so you'd have this semi protected tube 'o synths to carry around! :lol:

George reponds: "John, why are you wasting time thinking up this stuff when you have a MiniMoog to finish restoring. Ya know, the one I built the beautiful case for, hhhmm?!" :msnsmack:
LMAO!! That wasn't my response but, since you brought it up :hmm:

I like that idea :tu: 6 would give you the same module capacity as a Moog 55 and....it could double as an accordian :lol:

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:18 pm

analogsteve wrote:This is a great idea George, and the case looks beautiful. Must resist the temptation to start another system in another format...
Resistance is futile! :hihi:

Sorry, been doing a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy pun-fest in a FB group :)

Adam-V
Count Modula

Post by Adam-V » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:57 pm

That's a really nice case George.

Cheers,
Adam-V

mmm
yummm!

Post by mmm » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 am

It seems to be a popular item :nana:

Return to “Mattson Mini Modular”