Synton Fenix 4

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

CoreInside
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Synton Fenix 4

Post by CoreInside » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:42 am

holy moly

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search ... technology

Reverse IP Lookup Results — more than 3 domains hosted on IP address 67.20.71.63
Domain View Whois Record Screenshots
1. aortamintaia.com
2. black-corporation.com
3. deckardsdream.com

rpc
Common Wiggler

Post by rpc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Blue Meanie wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm
This looks interesting for those wanting a Fenix II.

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2020/01/new ... sizer.html
Dreams can come true! :banana: I signed-up to be notified of updates: http://xenomorph.technology/

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 pm

CoreInside wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:42 am
holy moly

Reverse IP Lookup Results — more than 3 domains hosted on IP address 67.20.71.63
1. aortamintaia.com
2. black-corporation.com
3. deckardsdream.com
If Roman is behind this then we can count on the kit being expensive but it also being good and actually happening somewhat on time. It says DIY but I'm guessing that means there might be prebuilt units too then like deckard's? Or maybe not as this looks close to a 1:1 clone and he doesn't usually offer built for those except a few here and there.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:11 pm

The 4 just looks like a mess, just a thrown together selection of modules, trying to include everything, but it's not modular so you can't customize it.
Guessing most would prefer a re-issue of the II, or now, the xenomorph. I have a II and still would prefer another II over the IV.

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 am

The negativity some folks manage to muster is almost impressive. :omg:

Any project of this kind can be described as ”just a thrown together selection of modules, trying to include everything, but it's not modular so you can't customize it” if you want to be that way about it. But where’s the joy in such an attitude?
Remorseless modular beat; a bit discordant but melodic too. 🦊🦂

sendepause
Common Wiggler

Post by sendepause » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:26 am

xonetacular wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 pm
CoreInside wrote:
holy moly

1. aortamintaia.com
2. black-corporation.com
3. deckardsdream.com
If Roman is behind this then we can count on the kit being expensive but it also being good and actually happening somewhat on time. It says DIY but I'm guessing that means there might be prebuilt units too then like deckard's? Or maybe not as this looks close to a 1:1 clone and he doesn't usually offer built for those except a few here and there.
He says he is not...
fenix4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:45 am

sendepause wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:26 am
xonetacular wrote:
CoreInside wrote:
holy moly

1. aortamintaia.com
2. black-corporation.com
3. deckardsdream.com
He says he is not...

fenix4.jpg
Where is that discussion? Interestingly he just says it’s not blackcorp which doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not involved. His electricmusicstore stuff and sputnik isn’t blackcorp either.

sendepause
Common Wiggler

Post by sendepause » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 am

xonetacular wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:45 am

Where is that discussion? Interestingly he just says it’s not blackcorp which doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not involved. His electricmusicstore stuff and sputnik isn’t blackcorp either.
this is on his private facebook page.
Didn't he sell Electric music store and sputnik to focus on other stuff like black corp?

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am

I don’t know maybe, I know sean manages emstore didnt know he owned it. It wouldn’t be the first time he started a new company for a new product, until he flat out says he’s not involved I wouldn’t rule it out. The other domains on that ip address are too big of a coincidence.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:31 pm

lisa wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 am
The negativity some folks manage to muster is almost impressive. :omg:

Any project of this kind can be described as ”just a thrown together selection of modules, trying to include everything, but it's not modular so you can't customize it” if you want to be that way about it. But where’s the joy in such an attitude?
Yeah, probably just trying to talk myself out of wanting one!
But the II seems well thought out as an instrument, the IV seems a bit weird, not sure it knows what it wants to be. The IV has some of the II, but is not a replacement, and it doesn't play well with the II/III since it's not banana.
Once it's done and there are proper demos my feelings will likely change.

I would love a Fenix II/III banana expander case with all the TINRS additions.

aethyr
Common Wiggler

Re:

Post by aethyr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:36 pm

Patching a Fenix I and II takes some getting used to.
MechaSeb wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 am
phisynth wrote:This thing maybe sounds good, but is ugly as hell. They really should hire a (or fire their) graphic designer. [...] Also, no more banana's ? :ripbanana:
I couldn't agree more.
Yes Powder wrote:I imagine it helps playability quite a bit.
Hmm, if by playability you mean, turning pots while not having a bunch of spaghettis on top of your hands, then, yes definitely, it helps. But if you include prior patching step, i wouldn't say it helps in any term.

I had the chance to play for few hours both Fenix I & II and found myself always checking which controls is assigned to which bananas in/out sockets, eye scrolling back & forth between pots & sockets. It's certainly a question of being used to it (as everything) but imh, it's not quite instinctive.

I also prefered the I in term of sound caracter and layout. The II is better in term of synthesis possibility but the layout was already quite confusing (still in columns but with more options added, get the whole a bit confusing). Don't even want to imagine with this new one if they remains with this layout schem.

Ymmv of course.

MechaSeb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by MechaSeb » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:35 am

Thanks aethyr for confirming that point.
As for such a complete synth it's hard to get used to within few hours only.

(wish i'd have access to that 1 again though. Argh...)

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 am

thetwlo wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:11 pm
The 4 just looks like a mess, just a thrown together selection of modules, trying to include everything, but it's not modular so you can't customize it.
Guessing most would prefer a re-issue of the II, or now, the xenomorph. I have a II and still would prefer another II over the IV.
No man, this is a new design with module compliment and designers. I could never manage to patch a Fenix style unit with all of the patch points way below the modules and all spread out. But It's nice to see new machines coming out and hopefully sounding different than an ASol rehash or whatever.
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:43 pm

MindMachine wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 am
No man, this is a new design with module compliment and designers. I could never manage to patch a Fenix style unit with all of the patch points way below the modules and all spread out. But It's nice to see new machines coming out and hopefully sounding different than an ASol rehash or whatever.
True, I want all those new TINRS modules, but the Fenix III needs another buddy, it's usually overkill for one FII. If the IV was banana, that would be perfect. I do like that it patches easily with euro, but I'm happy with the Fenix II/III isolated from that.
I know, lots of choices, to try and make everyone happy. I do think a banana F II expander with the TINRS modules would be welcomed by many, and not detract from the F-IV sales.

michaelstein
Learning to Wiggle

Post by michaelstein » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:18 am

I'm concerned about the sound.

The demos of the IV sound very clean and not sure if im hearing the Fenix personality in there. Very curious if any here has played it? and has thoughts on how its sounds compares to a Fenix I or II?

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

rpc wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:54 pm
Blue Meanie wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:34 pm
This looks interesting for those wanting a Fenix II.

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2020/01/new ... sizer.html
Dreams can come true! :banana: I signed-up to be notified of updates: http://xenomorph.technology/
This xenomorph / Fenix II-ish thing looks really interesting - but that web address doesn't work....

Anybody got any working link to get more info about this?

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm

xonetacular wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:45 am
sendepause wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:26 am
xonetacular wrote:
CoreInside wrote:
holy moly

1. aortamintaia.com
2. black-corporation.com
3. deckardsdream.com
He says he is not...

fenix4.jpg
I haven't been paying that much attention to his stuff, but new corporations seem to pop up whenever a new product of his design comes out.

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:02 pm

yeah website has been down for over a week :despair:

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:14 pm

xonetacular wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:02 pm
yeah website has been down for over a week :despair:
worked yesterday and working currently for me:
http://www2.thisisnotrocketscience.nl/e ... nthesizer/

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xonetacular » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

not that one the xenomoprh

vav
Beer Master

Re: Re:

Post by vav » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeah, it really does. I've had my Fenix for a few months now and it's still a "back to the drawing board" with each patch, and each time i feel a little more comfy.
aethyr wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:36 pm
Patching a Fenix I and II takes some getting used to.
MechaSeb wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 am
phisynth wrote:This thing maybe sounds good, but is ugly as hell. They really should hire a (or fire their) graphic designer. [...] Also, no more banana's ? :ripbanana:
I couldn't agree more.
Yes Powder wrote:I imagine it helps playability quite a bit.
Hmm, if by playability you mean, turning pots while not having a bunch of spaghettis on top of your hands, then, yes definitely, it helps. But if you include prior patching step, i wouldn't say it helps in any term.

I had the chance to play for few hours both Fenix I & II and found myself always checking which controls is assigned to which bananas in/out sockets, eye scrolling back & forth between pots & sockets. It's certainly a question of being used to it (as everything) but imh, it's not quite instinctive.

I also prefered the I in term of sound caracter and layout. The II is better in term of synthesis possibility but the layout was already quite confusing (still in columns but with more options added, get the whole a bit confusing). Don't even want to imagine with this new one if they remains with this layout schem.

Ymmv of course.
Vactrols are the electronic equivalent of being drunk. -decaying.sine

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”