Feeling outdone by natural sounds

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Feeling outdone by natural sounds

Post by Dcramer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:48 am

Cool, great stuff in here!
:sb:

I’ve spent years promising myself I would try to patch up some birds, actually one bird in particular that I recall from my childhood and here’s the result:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2412937633 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=9a64ff tracklist=false artwork=small]

And here’s the patch notes I created about it:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=225910

I really focused my efforts at trying to recreate the dove sound more so than the other, let’s call them; small auxiliary birds, water drops, woodpecker and rain :hihi:

A weird that I experimented with in the patch was to have the drone oscillators slide up and down so slowly that you barely notice the change in pitch, in the video you can hear the pitch change because of the edits. :tu:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:09 am

Remembering this thread over the holidays here. It rained for a few days so I put a plastic bucket under my patio pergola where the rain runs down. I used a low end Tascam digital recorder to record the rain and run off into the bucket, then tipped the bucket to ad phase/pitch to the runoff into the bucket. I played that recording into my modular and let the natural meld with the electronic.

My wife laughed at my serious experimenter face as I stood in the rain tilting the bucket. She was edited out.

The bucket made a nice flange/phase sound on its own. I love the low brow arts.
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 am

MindMachine wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:09 am
My wife laughed... She was edited out.
:eek:

I for one think it's a great idea :hide:

JakoGreyshire
Ultra Wiggler

Post by JakoGreyshire » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:01 am

I like to attempt to make natural sounds... Then came the idea to make natural fantasy sounds.. Magical beasts and whatnot...

So here are some alien birds.... They range from small to extremely gigantic birds. Some birds do lots of clicks and some have crystal vocal chords, and some roar like dinosaurs.

My YouTuBe Page...
The patch you've created in your brain is more challenging to modify than the patch you have on your modular.

galaxie
Common Wiggler

Post by galaxie » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:16 am

JakoGreyshire wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:01 am
So here are some alien birds.... They range from small to extremely gigantic birds. Some birds do lots of clicks and some have crystal vocal chords, and some roar like dinosaurs.
Some wonderful bird sounds. It feels the creatures are dwelling in a cave-like underground jungle.

3hands
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 3hands » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:54 pm

I spent today trying to synthesize what a forest blessed with shamanic energy sounds like after a snowstorm... it’s amazing what these crazy modular things can sound like
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:35 am

The other day I was walking to the station, there was an old guy a little bit further along the pavement with a four wheeled "spinner" suitcase with seriously squeaky wheels.

It was only when I got closer that I realised that a blackbird was jamming along with the squeaky wheels, doing free jazz improvisation around both the pitch and the rhythm of the suitcase wheels. It was incredible. Sadly, I didn't have my old Zoom recorder with me, and knew that my phone wouldn't have managed to separate the two- so I just listened for a few minutes.

I do love blackbirds.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”