Microvolt Patching Tips

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Auxiliaryoctopus
Learning to Wiggle

Microvolt Patching Tips

Post by Auxiliaryoctopus » Sun May 05, 2019 4:51 pm

I have a Pittsburgh Microvolt and an 0-Coast, and I enjoy them both. I'm looking for some more advanced patching techniques on the Microvolt (potentially using the 0-Coast too).

1. Is it possible to use the function generator on the MV as a trackable oscillator? How would I patch that?

2. How can I get some West Coast style frequency mods between these two synths? Basically, I'm seeing these two as one voice. How can I turn them into a complex osc?

3. Any other patch tips you might have. I wish there were more videos on the MV like the 0Coast, but there's not much out there.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Microvolt Patching Tips

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:33 am

Auxiliaryoctopus wrote:I have a Pittsburgh Microvolt and an 0-Coast, and I enjoy them both. I'm looking for some more advanced patching techniques on the Microvolt (potentially using the 0-Coast too).

1. Is it possible to use the function generator on the MV as a trackable oscillator? How would I patch that?

2. How can I get some West Coast style frequency mods between these two synths? Basically, I'm seeing these two as one voice. How can I turn them into a complex osc?

3. Any other patch tips you might have. I wish there were more videos on the MV like the 0Coast, but there's not much out there.

[video][/video]
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
... I'm dyin' in a vat in the garage ...

Auxiliaryoctopus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Auxiliaryoctopus » Mon May 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Cool, sounds great! I can see the 0-Coast is using the Slope to mod the FM. Can't quite tell what else is going on. Patch notes?

pmboos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by pmboos » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:10 am

This has inspired me to do some experimentation...
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

Shebil
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Shebil » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Following!.... I also have a Neutron...

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”