Random*Source Shipping/Contact?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

gtrmstr53
Common Wiggler

Random*Source Shipping/Contact?

Post by gtrmstr53 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for those of you in the US who've ordered from Random*Source directly how long has it taken for you to get your order? Also, do you know of any good way of contacting them?

I ordered a EuroSerge ResEQ pcb/panel set from them at the beginning of the month and haven't gotten it yet. I've also tried contacting them through the 'Contact' tab of their website and the email address connected to their PayPal account, and haven't heard anything back. Should I be getting worried about my order, or no?

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Re: Random*Source Shipping/Contact?

Post by sduck » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:32 pm

It's shipping from Germany, so it could typically take anywhere from a week to a month depending on many factors. And I'm sure the holiday season shipping mess hasn't helped your cause.
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

luchog
Crazy Pony

Post by luchog » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I got mine in a couple weeks, but was concerned that I hadn't heard from them during that time with a shipping notification.

Turns out their emails were ending up in my spam folder. I'd recommend checking your spam/junk email folder before panicking.

papz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by papz » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:17 pm

December is the best time to enjoy the fun of delayed, damaged and lost parcels thanks to the black friday bullshit and xmas rushes. Courriers are overworked. I avoid shipping at this period as much as possible.
Finest EMS gear service and Music Easel/208 goodies

I'm not a synths dealer and I'm not aware of an inexpensive Synthi secret market, please don't ask me if I know one for sale.
I don't offer support of any kind to people attempting to build clones of EMS equipment.

gtrmstr53
Common Wiggler

Post by gtrmstr53 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Yea, I'm assuming it's on its way eventually. Just worried about the lack of communication from R*S I guess.

tardishead
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tardishead » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:31 am

Over the years I have left many messages thru the portal and never received a single reply
Maybe the messages simply aren’t going through
Or maybe too successful to bother

luchog
Crazy Pony

Post by luchog » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am

Has anyone actually checked their spam/junk mail folder? I thought I wasn't getting replies for quite some time, until I finally checked my spam folder and found all the "missing" replies there. I was getting updates and everything in a timely manner, but the over-aggressive gmail filters grabbed nearly all of them.

papa
Learning to Wiggle

Post by papa » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:16 am

Had the same issue for my purchase though I am next to them but still it took 2 weeks. No worries though they do good job and the always meet expectations. I would chill and just wait for it. Plus from my communication with Ralf, he has really a lot in his back and can not catch time to reply. I was also frustrated but I can understand the inconvenience of one man band company.
The rule is 2/1 (2 cv per 1 audio) spread the word!

gtrmstr53
Common Wiggler

Post by gtrmstr53 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 am

luchog wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am
Has anyone actually checked their spam/junk mail folder? I thought I wasn't getting replies for quite some time, until I finally checked my spam folder and found all the "missing" replies there. I was getting updates and everything in a timely manner, but the over-aggressive gmail filters grabbed nearly all of them.
papa wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:16 am
Had the same issue for my purchase though I am next to them but still it took 2 weeks. No worries though they do good job and the always meet expectations. I would chill and just wait for it. Plus from my communication with Ralf, he has really a lot in his back and can not catch time to reply. I was also frustrated but I can understand the inconvenience of one man band company.
That all makes sense, and puts my mind to ease. Thanks.

gtrmstr53
Common Wiggler

Post by gtrmstr53 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:19 pm

I just got it today, and can't wait to start building!!!

levelhead3
Common Wiggler

Post by levelhead3 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:31 pm

has anyone had any luck lately make email contact?

my recent orders were shipped quickly, so no complaint there, but i've made 4-5 attempts over the past month to get through without success. both on-line contact and direct email.

just have a few simple pre-order questions, it's a little disconcerting not being able to communicate at all.

gtrmstr53
Common Wiggler

Post by gtrmstr53 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:35 pm

I never heard back from my emails. I sent two through the 'Contact' page of their website and one through paypal. All of them were sent ~1 month ago.

levelhead3
Common Wiggler

Post by levelhead3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:59 pm

I wonder if there is a secret pass-phrase you can put in your email title to get through? :despair:

dankalmanson
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dankalmanson » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 pm

I've definitely had contact with them. Communication is not their strongest suit but they will reply eventually. I feel bad pestering them because they seem to have a hard time managing communication and development. We've had a back and forth since July regarding the LVCOs and several people are in on the email chain. Matthias is the most responsive (fonik@web.de) and mentioned that Ralf is "drowning in emails." Also, I think there may be something buggy with their contact portal. They mentioned they have difficulty sending tracking numbers with gmail accounts. It's rough not knowing when that PCB you spend all day thinking about will show up in the mail. They seem like really sweet people with too much on their plate.

levelhead3
Common Wiggler

Post by levelhead3 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:48 am

dankalmanson wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 pm
I've definitely had contact with them. Communication is not their strongest suit but they will reply eventually. I feel bad pestering them because they seem to have a hard time managing communication and development. We've had a back and forth since July regarding the LVCOs and several people are in on the email chain. Matthias is the most responsive (fonik@web.de) and mentioned that Ralf is "drowning in emails." Also, I think there may be something buggy with their contact portal. They mentioned they have difficulty sending tracking numbers with gmail accounts. It's rough not knowing when that PCB you spend all day thinking about will show up in the mail. They seem like really sweet people with too much on their plate.
Aye, I think you're right - and I apologize in general for my prior comment which definitely came across as snarky. It's just awkward to be considering a multi-thousand euro purchase without any contact whatsoever - it's difficult to make an informed decision.

But there was even a thread a while back where Ralf had explained their priorities and the dilemma they (and really any small business) face when allocating too few resources to too many tasks. I'm pretty sure they're indeed doing the best they can, and part of the problem is that I also feel guilty pestering them.

So maybe the "secret" is just gentle persistence. Thanks for the perspective check.

dankalmanson
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dankalmanson » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:01 pm

levelhead3 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:48 am
dankalmanson wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 pm
Aye, I think you're right - and I apologize in general for my prior comment which definitely came across as snarky. It's just awkward to be considering a multi-thousand euro purchase without any contact whatsoever - it's difficult to make an informed decision.

But there was even a thread a while back where Ralf had explained their priorities and the dilemma they (and really any small business) face when allocating too few resources to too many tasks. I'm pretty sure they're indeed doing the best they can, and part of the problem is that I also feel guilty pestering them.

So maybe the "secret" is just gentle persistence. Thanks for the perspective check.
Absolutely. I meant no criticism regarding your previous comment. I meant to chime in about my feelings because I went through waves of anxiety the first time I ordered through their website. I would literally check the mailbox multiple times a day just in case some postal phantom dropped it off. It was not a good headspace to be in, honestly. I just received my SSG board in the mail today and then went back to check my spam folder as someone suggested earlier and Ralf had indeed sent a tracking number about a month ago when I placed the order. This was definitely not the case previously so I am glad to see they are fixing some things and I hope it makes their job easier. I hope you get your shipment soon! :) I am enamored with them as a company and hope they keep doing what they do! I am beyond excited for the VCF2 to come out.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”