Modular Mascots

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

User avatar
Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:33 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Modular Mascots

Post by Flareless » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 pm

Looking at the great pics Wigglers have shared I've noticed a lot of 'mascots' riding along the modular and studio gear. I'm not talking about dogs, cats or other pet-pals but rather knick-nacks, doo-dads and chachkes that may adorn your setup.

Here are mine...

This is Major Matt Mason - Mattel's Man in Space watching over my FX section. There's also my Brain. My Brain used to be on drums.
IMG_3164.jpeg
Mr. Bill watches over everything from his perch atop the mixing rack
IMG_3166.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich

Image

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

User avatar
Jay F.
Common Wiggler
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Jay F. » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:02 am

Hi,

not a modular mascot per se. But Bob, the Lego builder, often helps me for my synth DIY stuff.

He can't do much due to his little size. But he comes handy when it is time to clean the mess on the workbench.
BobWorks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse."
https://growyoursynth.blogspot.be/

User avatar
Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:33 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Flareless » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:12 am

^ It's important to always keep a jack in your MIDI output or else you'll keep getting data leaking out and Bob will have to clean it :hihi:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing :yay:
Rich

Image

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

User avatar
cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3591
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Location: People's Republic of Scotland

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by cptnal » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:27 am

I've a little Lego Yoda that's been with me from day one of My Modular Journey. The idea was if I could explain to Yoda what was going on then I must be doing alright. It's a variation of the rubber duck technique.

User avatar
3hands
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Ottawa Ontario

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by 3hands » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:36 am

My nephew makes me little LEGO guys that live all over my studio. And Finn from Adventure Time watches over the whole show!

Ps what happened to uploading pics on here?
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Be Sandy?
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Be Sandy? » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:51 am

3hands wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:36 am
My nephew makes me little LEGO guys that live all over my studio. And Finn from Adventure Time watches over the whole show!

Ps what happened to uploading pics on here?
Placing an image inline is how it works now.

Attach the image using the attachment box at the bottom of the reply box.
Click the "Place inline" button. All done :)

User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6274
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Flareless wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Looking at the great pics Wigglers have shared I've noticed a lot of 'mascots' riding along the modular and studio gear. I'm not talking about dogs, cats or other pet-pals but rather knick-nacks, doo-dads and chachkes that may adorn your setup.

Here are mine...

This is Major Matt Mason - Mattel's Man in Space watching over my FX section.
MAJOR MATT MASON!!???!! NO WAY!!! I had Major Matt hiz damn self, the blow-up Lunar tent, the Lunar "jet ski" (so to speak), the Lunar "crawler" (the thing with numerous ~legs~) and the red Lunar ~tractor~. Mattel made the finest toys in the 1960s and 1970s.
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

User avatar
cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3591
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Location: People's Republic of Scotland

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by cptnal » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:25 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm
Flareless wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Looking at the great pics Wigglers have shared I've noticed a lot of 'mascots' riding along the modular and studio gear. I'm not talking about dogs, cats or other pet-pals but rather knick-nacks, doo-dads and chachkes that may adorn your setup.

Here are mine...

This is Major Matt Mason - Mattel's Man in Space watching over my FX section.
MAJOR MATT MASON!!???!! NO WAY!!! I had Major Matt hiz damn self, the blow-up Lunar tent, the Lunar "jet ski" (so to speak), the Lunar "crawler" (the thing with numerous ~legs~) and the red Lunar ~tractor~. Mattel made the finest toys in the 1960s and 1970s.
You're alive! :sb: :goo: :party: :guinness: :cloud:

User avatar
Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:33 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Flareless » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Great replies folks thanks! Yeah, the new picture thing takes some getting used to. You can just use the Add File button on the Attachments tab below the editing window. Once you attach a file a button will appear offering you to place the image inline (into the post). You can even highlight several files and have them upload in a single batch.

I'm glad some of you recognize The Major. He played a huge part in my childhood and I remember having many of his cool vehicles and devices. Back in the late '90s during the Nostalgia Collector craze and the rise of eBay I purchased many of my old childhood memories for hundreds of times what my Mom paid for them.

Back then real toys had AT LEAST 2 D-Cell batteries and were dangerous. The damned Satellite Launcher projectile sliced my eyebrow open when I was a kid requiring me to get stitches.

Sgt. Storm and 3M
IMG_3259.jpeg
The Thunderbolt Space Cannon, Space Sleds, Jet Pack and more accessories
IMG_3254.jpeg
The Talking Command Console
IMG_3253.jpeg
Protecting my modular from UFO invasion
IMG_3248.jpeg
... and WTF was up with Captain Lazer?!?!

EDIT: I just stumbled on on this YouTube video of a stop-motion film about MMM and his friends. It's an excellent film that I couldn't stop watching. The best part is that the soundtrack is all synth!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich

Image

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3858
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by starthief » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 pm

cptnal wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:27 am
I've a little Lego Yoda that's been with me from day one of My Modular Journey. The idea was if I could explain to Yoda what was going on then I must be doing alright. It's a variation of the rubber duck technique.
My spouse heard about rubber ducking, and thought I should have one. So I've got my own Apprentice Starthief...
starthief_duck.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The faint whisper of rain and running water was still there and it had the same tender note of solitude and perfection. But what did the rain mean to him as long as he couldn’t write a song about it?"

starthief.bandcamp.comstarthief.netModularGrid

User avatar
Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Kattefjaes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Otto von Bismarck keeps a stern eye on my patch cables:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:33 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Flareless » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:09 am

Kattefjaes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 pm
Otto von Bismarck keeps a stern eye on my patch cables:
I love it! It's a cable-cozy :yay:
Rich

Image

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

User avatar
Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Kattefjaes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:28 am

Very cosy, he lives on my desk. My partner made him while learning to crochet- and I think his slight wonkiness makes him all the more reassuring.

User avatar
hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:46 am
Location: London

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by hamildad » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:23 pm

I am overseen by V.I.N.C.E.N.T. and Maximillion.
1-vincent.jpg
1-Maximillion.jpg

There is also small origami bird (pictured), a woollen Celtic cross and soon, two batman legos...

Sadly the cat feels no inclination to perch on top of my Modular, but the coldness of the room is probably to blame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Synth Instagram here * My Synth videos here
-
External PSUs and DC jacks are the hallmarks of toys. - Graham Hinton.
-
I am one of the "tiny fraction of a percentage of oversensitive idiots" who feels the name of this site sends the wrong message.
-
This is primarily for melody and historical educational purposes - Analogue Music

Teusa Rass
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:03 am
Location: Bremen Germany

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Teusa Rass » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm

I gotSeveral Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together on my AKAI tape machine:
furbies.jpg
And she's my Venus, molested by my little helper:
She's my Venus.jpg
And just in case, (You never know):
icons.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6060
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by dubonaire » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Tour de France, Tour de France
tdf2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Kattefjaes
Common Wiggler
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Kattefjaes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Teusa Rass wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm
And just in case, (You never know):
icons.jpg
Ah, gotta love Jesus Buddha Phallus records, top label...

User avatar
synthetek
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:32 am
Location: Orange County, California
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by synthetek » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm

IMG_20200127_193838.jpg
IMG_20200127_193913.jpg
IMG_20200127_194144.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
hsosdrum
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 11:02 pm
Location: Southern California, USA

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by hsosdrum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 am

My studio is overseen by the late, great, Guhdee.
IMG_0606.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6274
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:42 am

cptnal wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:25 pm
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm
Flareless wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Looking at the great pics Wigglers have shared I've noticed a lot of 'mascots' riding along the modular and studio gear. I'm not talking about dogs, cats or other pet-pals but rather knick-nacks, doo-dads and chachkes that may adorn your setup.

Here are mine...

This is Major Matt Mason - Mattel's Man in Space watching over my FX section.
MAJOR MATT MASON!!???!! NO WAY!!! I had Major Matt hiz damn self, the blow-up Lunar tent, the Lunar "jet ski" (so to speak), the Lunar "crawler" (the thing with numerous ~legs~) and the red Lunar ~tractor~. Mattel made the finest toys in the 1960s and 1970s.
You're alive! :sb: :goo:
:hihi: ... more er less ... :tu:
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

User avatar
chachi
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 am
Location: north portland, OR

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by chachi » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:05 pm

9C5C8FC4-FE1A-488D-AAF0-F84BB48DB320.jpeg
these guys usually live on the top of the stack. used to be batman v. mr freeze, but we realized mr freeze had a competitive advantage so we swapped another one in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by dooj88 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:19 pm

action figure my grandmother gave me a long time ago.. apparently he's "ODIN THE VIKING CHIEFTAIN" made in the early 70s. always ready to lend a helping hand..
MVIMG_20200129_194520 - Copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:44 am
Location: Bdx, France.

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:18 am

I love toys and I wish I had many more of them. If anyone is getting rid of anything Dr Slump, please hit me up...



IMG_20200202_151146-01.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

otnemem
Common Wiggler
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by otnemem » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:45 am

Not sure it qualifies as a mascot but I have one of the prints from Aphex Twin’s Syro limited edition run watching over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adaris
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:49 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Modular Mascots

Post by adaris » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:06 am

Flareless wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 pm
Mr. Bill watches over everything from his perch atop the mixing rack
How long before Sluggo knocks him off lol

Post Reply

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”