Nord Modular thread

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

inoshi
Common Wiggler

Post by inoshi » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:17 am

joey wrote:[video][/video]

first patch trying some generative / probability based stuff with my G1
duuuuuuude.... sweeeeeeeet..... :hail: :sadbanana: :ripbanana: :deadbanana: 8-) :sb:

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:37 pm

inoshi wrote:
duuuuuuude.... sweeeeeeeet..... :hail: :sadbanana: :ripbanana: :deadbanana: 8-) :sb:
[video][/video]

rec.Koner
Veteran Wiggler

Re:

Post by rec.Koner » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:55 pm

joey wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 am
[video][/video]

first patch trying some generative / probability based stuff with my G1
Hey, this totally ROCKS! :bananallama:
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c) found on gearslutz

my page

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Re: Nord Modular thread

Post by ersatzplanet » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:17 pm

Well I did it again. I bought a G1 again. This will be the third one I have owned. I sold or traded the others and sold the G2 I had. I now have a G1 and a G2 again and I think I will keep the G1 longer this time. I saw a great deal locally and pushed it off for a couple of months and the price went down to a point where I couldn't help myself. It wan't expanded (my G2 is though) but since I have the G2 also, I won't be pushing this one too hard. I am keeping my eyes open in case a DSP expansion card shows up somewhere, but I have little hope to ever see one.

Still - fun to have a both of these back. Time to sell some more Eurorack I no longer need.

Oh, and there is a sound difference between the G1 and G2. Different D/A converters maybe. Don't know for sure.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

rec.Koner
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rec.Koner » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:52 am

What are reasons to have both g1 and g2? Also, how's micro g1?
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c) found on gearslutz

my page

Navs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Navs » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:12 am

ersatzplanet wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:17 pm
Oh, and there is a sound difference between the G1 and G2. Different D/A converters maybe. Don't know for sure.
Yes. I have talked to Rob Hordijk about this (he was instrumental in the G2 design). IIRC there is also discussion about this on the e-m forum. He says Clavia went with the technically superior converters for the G2, but felt that they were too clean, less 'musical'.

I don't know - at the end of the day, they're both digital, and I think the adage that you can dirty a clean signal but not clean a dirty one applies to an extent. Also, the G2 is a massively more capable machine. But, least I sound like a G2 apologist - I have both too :hihi: :sb:

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:44 pm

rec.Koner wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:52 am
What are reasons to have both g1 and g2? Also, how's micro g1?
There are some differences in the types of modules in each unit and their implementation of MIDI. Also the sound is a little different. I would rather have two G2's than a mix, but I can't afford another G2 and couldn't pass up the G1 at the price I got it. There are time when four slots are just not enough or when you want to load a new sound without killing what is playing in the other slots, but that is minor. The micro versions would be good too but at that level I have an Axolotl which will do more and cost quite a bit less (the case-less PCB is ~$80).
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”