it's time to discuss cynthia

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dr. Sketch-n-Etch » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Jeez, slovo, don't hold back: tell us how you really feel! :lol:
For every bullshit job, you need a bullshit education -- Brian Eno

vav
Beer Master

Post by vav » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

There are people still waiting for money.

And money, coincedentally, is something this manipulative liar will never get from me.
Vactrols are the electronic equivalent of being drunk. -decaying.sine

Oxix52
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Oxix52 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:37 pm

vav wrote:There are people still waiting for money.
This is what I was wondering. Are others being paid(or getting working modules) or is it just the "high profile" cases being resolved?
http://oxix52.bandcamp.com/releases
http://www.soundcloud.com/Oxix52
http://youtube.com/c/Oxix52

“A Buchla is the instrument of a creative mind. Not as clumsy yet more random than a keyboard. An elegant synth... for a more civilized age."

solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

Post by solitaryzen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 am

Great news.. hope everyone gets a satisfactory outcome here.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:31 am

You need to kick up a stink to get Cyndustries to do fucking anything.

If you are owed moola or modules.SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!

michenal
Common Wiggler

Post by michenal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 am

I am still owed a Buchla format ZOe or my money back ($1,535)..

I' rather get my money back to be honest, but Cynthia has been delaying my refund for at least 6 months..

vav
Beer Master

Post by vav » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:27 am

michenal wrote:I am still owed a Buchla format ZOe or my money back ($1,535)..

I' rather get my money back to be honest, but Cynthia has been delaying my refund for at least 6 months..
Take her to court, seems to be the only way to get your money back.
Vactrols are the electronic equivalent of being drunk. -decaying.sine

momo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by momo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:26 am

@ michenal: just in case you've not seen it, in the 'Zeroscillator shipped?' thread over in the Buchla... forum, Wiggler dkcg relayed that here are a few more due to be shipped, and that's happening in the next week - 2 weeks. Hope you get what you want, either way.

DonKartofflo
The knob-twisting Hive Mind

Post by DonKartofflo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:29 pm

matttech wrote:I really feel for Ulf at Escape From Noise. He looks to have a load of Cyndustries modules in stock and I hope he doesn't get stuck with them as they will have coat him a lot and he's a lovely guy who doesn't deserve to lose out in this situation. That'd be really shitty.

Equally, I can see that they will be hard to shift. A difficult one
I guess it would be ethically okay to buy his stock since it doesn't earn cynthia a penny and helps him and his great store. I mean I guess he isn't gonna restock any time soon :despair:
Nelson Baboon wrote:Beware of people who tell you to smile.
FS:
Mutable Instruments Tides 1 120€
Addac sys 12U powered frame 200€

polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

Post by polyroy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Glad to see some positive news in this car crash of a thread. I don't mean that in a negative way towards wigglers, it's more about following the thread from the beginning and just seeing the situation getting crazier and so much bullshit being piled on top.

Best of luck to everyone else who is owed money/modules.
WTB: Plan B modules

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 pm

momo wrote:@ michenal: just in case you've not seen it, in the 'Zeroscillator shipped?' thread over in the Buchla... forum, Wiggler dkcg relayed that here are a few more due to be shipped, and that's happening in the next week - 2 weeks. Hope you get what you want, either way.
I would contact her if it's been a while since last communication (like longer than a few weeks ago. I think I remember her saying she's had a computer crash that made her lose some data. You don't want to slip through the cracks and rely on this thread to get any orders pending. I would suggest putting your name and contact info that was used to order in the email. screenames and non-name email addresses would be harder to track down as stated before.

Next week or two was my guestimate based on the small stack that I was told were the last of the ZOe's and not a number Cynthia told me.

I didn't say anything before, since it was rather heated, but I met that guy in the picture that some of you were ridiculing. He didn't deserve that kind of treatment. I understand the anger and impatience towards Cynthia, it was just and totally understandable for customers who were waiting drastically longer times than they were told nor receiving refunds. What I didn't find just and right was making fun of someone who was doing what they were told to do, photographed while performing their job, and a few strangers poke fun at him. Very misguided, very uncool. He is a young man who's very interested in this field working his ass off putting together modules in a warehouse/factory trying to learn, make and do something beneficial to the arts, and strangers blast him because they don't like their employer. Actually I wish it was poking fun, it was just mean spirited.

I expected better of some of you. Gripes with a company is one thing. That went beyond.

SMS303
Tha BABELFISH Wiggler...

Post by SMS303 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Imo Cynthia tries to avoid courtdate and solve current problems by sending the ordered modules out or refund the money. Even i'm not involved in this situation i'm glad she starts with the big cleanup.

I don't believe anybody here on Muff's want to see Cyndustries been destroyed by their posts or opinions in this thread. Cyndustries can only be destroyed by herself or fall in mismanagement again.

Let's give her a second chance to reorganise her businessmodel and only sell modules to resellers/music stores.

@ Modteam:
Is it possible to warn future buyers not ordering directly from Cyndustries but from music stores/resellers?
Direct order from Cyndustries could make happen the whole situation again in the near or far future...... :zombie:
------------> Jaime Murray does Capua.... ------------------------------------------>

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Just for the record - if *anyone* thinks there's *any* part of me that relishes or enjoys seeing any member of this scene torn to shreds in threads like this I want to tell you how wrong you are.

Threads like this, and situations like this are unbelievably stressful for me. I started this forum with the goal to support the whole scene - the designers, builders, musicians, scenesters, customers, enthusiasts, everyone who makes our crazy little world go around.

When stuff like this happens it tears me to shreds. I don't see that I have a choice - when the Plan B shits happened it was some of the most frustrating and depressing time in my life - but I saw that no other forum was willing to let the - sadly necessary - conversation happen, so as painful as it was I had to let it play out. It was a nightmare.

Something redeeming happened for me though - after it all played out I was able to meet with Peter - actually took him out for dinner (he was shocked! "YOU want to take ME to dinner?") And we talked about how hard it was for both of us - and I'm proud to say we became friends, as amazing as that sounds.

Anyway, it's not about me, it's about you guys, which is why I often feel like I have no choice in the matter.

I don't know why I'm writing this post - it's been an exceptionally difficult week in terms of forum-based stress for me, but I want to take a clear stance and let people know that - as happy as I truly am to see problems being resolved for my friends and Cynthia's customers - I don't enjoy any of this. It may be necessary but it's certainly not fun and there isn't a shred of my being that enjoys any of it.

SMS303
Tha BABELFISH Wiggler...

Post by SMS303 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 pm

I don't blame you Mike for all what happened. You've done it well by not choosing a side.

You made it possible uniting people against this. And that's a great contribution to the comunity imo. Sometimes you must shout to get the attention you'll need. This topic was a BIG SHOUT for help to solve the whole thing.

Imo this thread did get Cyndustries back producing the allready paid modules and sent them finally out or refund the money. Otherwise it should be same shit as before this thread. If Cynthia decide to take no more orders from end-users and sell the modules only to shops/resellers she shows a little positive evolution in Cyndustries as company.

Perhaps my poor level of English don't clear all what i mean (:bang:)
Don't get me wrong but please see me as peace hippie.... :zen:
------------> Jaime Murray does Capua.... ------------------------------------------>

loydb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by loydb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:11 am

Mike -

The way you handle stuff like this, and your support for the community, is why I click on the donate button regularly. I suggest anyone reading this who hasn't, and can, do. :75:
15U 168hp Zebrawood case Build Log [FINISHED]: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=134540
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... 797#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... hp?t=42968

opsysbug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by opsysbug » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:35 am

Yea if everyone who wrote in this thread or everyone who gets a refund donates a little to Muff...sometimes this place must be such a headache!!
I always have a wake-up call. What if it was not here? I'd have to find gear
on ebay?! When I first wrote about Chimerasynthesis everyone defended
him. Forum people were the only ones that listened. We need this house!
Sorry I derailed the thread for a minute but I just remembered to hit the button and wanted to remind everyone again! Thanks Muff and lets us know how it goes if you meet Cynthia for lunch! :lol:

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Mike, thanks for caring and for supporting this community.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:20 pm

I just talked with Cynthia. 1 ZOe left pending shipment, and that's not shipped because the buyer is on vacation and not able to receive shipments. So if you're not that one buyer, and think you're getting one. You better contact Cynthia, but it sounds like all orders have been fulfilled. She told me that there are some parts left for possible future limited runs, but in all likelihood, there will be no more ZOe's made. All in the run have been sold as far as I know.

She told me that upgrades to Mk2 from the original ZOe will be free (I didn't ask about shipping), and she's shooting for a one week turnaround time. I would contact her if you have the older humongous version and want the upgrade. The upgrade will be swapping out everything but the front panel (putting your panel on the new module). New engine, new pcb with processing to get as close to the other 200e levels and offsets.

filterdecay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by filterdecay » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

If any company cant handle their business then it should be out in the open. No way would I ever give them money and as others have said its not fair to the other manufacturers to have this stuff happen.

Just the other day I had someone in my studio and when they looked at the modular they just said "yeah but a lot of those modular makers are dodgy and scam you" So companies like cyndustries drag your entire industry down. How is it good for the industry to have people in passing attribute situations like this with everyone?

So in my mind it would be best to have a thread like this as SOON as their are problems with someone.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm

filterdecay wrote: "yeah but a lot of those modular makers are dodgy and scam you" So companies like cyndustries drag your entire industry down.

a lot??? :hmm:

I think your friend is talking out his butt if he thinks a lot of modular companies scam people. Have him name them and see if he comes up with more than 2 or 3.

Check out guitar forums and you'll see modulars are relatively trouble free.

filterdecay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by filterdecay » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm

dkcg wrote:
filterdecay wrote: "yeah but a lot of those modular makers are dodgy and scam you" So companies like cyndustries drag your entire industry down.

a lot??? :hmm:

I think your friend is talking out his butt if he thinks a lot of modular companies scam people. Have him name them and see if he comes up with more than 2 or 3.

Check out guitar forums and you'll see modulars are relatively trouble free.
The point isnt that he misunderstands the situation. The point is that what he knows about modulars on the tip of his tongue is that they are dodgy.

And he isnt a friend he is a client ;) (but we are friends too)

filterdecay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by filterdecay » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I guess my point is threads like these are good and they should happen quickly when things like this happen so the problems dont become so large.

AnalogAssailant
Common Wiggler

Post by AnalogAssailant » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 am

filterdecay wrote:I guess my point is threads like these are good and they should happen quickly when things like this happen so the problems dont become so large.
I agree totally. Cyndustries sketchy business practices were brought to light some years ago, both here and on other forums (like the yahoo list).

Problem was people would come out of the woodwork and slag on those who had legitimate grievances against a manufacturer...so it ended up killing thread momentum.

I suspect (hope) in light of this thread, peter G's and other complaint threads that there will be less resistance to hear the truth.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 am

Yes Mike is a killer guy.

Without this forum John and I would probably still be waiting another year for a refund.

Throughout this whole fiasco I have learnt a few things about human nature.
I will not however understand the need to attack victims, thats just fucked up.Some petty people about.

Donate to Muffs or buy the guy a beer :guinness:

science
Spending Spree!

Post by science » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 pm

SMS303 wrote:Let's give her a second chance to reorganise her businessmodel and only sell modules to resellers/music stores.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have been given several second chances in the past?

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”