it's time to discuss cynthia

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

SMS303
Tha BABELFISH Wiggler...

Post by SMS303 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:04 pm

science wrote:
SMS303 wrote:Let's give her a second chance to reorganise her businessmodel and only sell modules to resellers/music stores.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have been given several second chances in the past?
They had (perhaps) more than once.... You're right about this :)

If the modules are not her core business she should be start thinking about outsourcing the main work, just assembly/finish the modules and ship them out when they're ready.

Let's hope this thread opens Cynthia's eyes that Cyndustries have to change it's current businessmodel. Otherwise she starts diggin Cyndustries grave ..... :deadbanana:
------------> Jaime Murray does Capua.... ------------------------------------------>

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:10 pm

amnesia wrote:Throughout this whole fiasco I have learnt a few things about human nature.
I will not however understand the need to attack victims, thats just fucked up.Some petty people about.
So attacking the employee doing what he's told is ok? Stop being such a martyr. Go help the Joshua Jackson victims now that you got yours. Victim? :lol:

I learned that sometimes the most vocal and mean spirited aren't even those who have been effected. Irritation, anger and being annoyed are expected from people who have placed orders, what I don't understand is when people who may have been burned in the past or have no orders pending seem angrier than people who have orders placed. Makes no sense to me, egos maybe, maybe a grudge that won't go away until they company does, seems personal to me rather than "for the community" in those cases. Especially with off tangent personal attacks mixed in by the same people.

Cynthia fucked up, she knows it too. But she did finish what she started.
A crook would have vanished like Randall or Jackson.

If you're hesitant about Cynthia returning to delays and delivery problems, it's very simple...buy it used or from a dealer. Problem solved, no need for anger, disappointment, etc.

abstraktor

Post by abstraktor » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 pm

science wrote:
SMS303 wrote:Let's give her a second chance to reorganise her businessmodel and only sell modules to resellers/music stores.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have been given several second chances in the past?
Indeed. I think that it was only this thread on Muffs that forced Cyndustries hand to deal with the issues. If they refund all the monies that are owed, or send modules out to those who have held out for them then that is all to the good and (to a small extent) it will redeem the company's reputation - but would this positive resolution have happened without our community's pressure and the high profile of the problems? :hmm:
The fact of the matter is that this company have treated customers atrociously, the issue has been divisive and has tainted the whole industry.
Would I ever buy a Cyndustries product or recommend them to someone?
Certainly not, but memories are short and already some people are indicating a "forgive and forget" attitude to CW. Fuck that.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:24 pm

abstraktor wrote:the issue has been divisive and has tainted the whole industry.
Could you explain how it tainted the whole industry?

Lama
Common Wiggler

Post by Lama » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 pm

DonKartofflo wrote:
matttech wrote:I really feel for Ulf at Escape From Noise. He looks to have a load of Cyndustries modules in stock and I hope he doesn't get stuck with them as they will have coat him a lot and he's a lovely guy who doesn't deserve to lose out in this situation. That'd be really shitty.

Equally, I can see that they will be hard to shift. A difficult one
I guess it would be ethically okay to buy his stock since it doesn't earn cynthia a penny and helps him and his great store. I mean I guess he isn't gonna restock any time soon :despair:
Haven´t taken the time to read this thread until now. I guess I should have done...

I ordered the modules from Cynthia a long, long time ago. I knew she didn´t have the best reputation but it looked like a fresh start and I was hoping for the best. I also got the modules I ordered, though it took some time. Unlike many of you I can´t say I have had any serious problems.

I sell the modules under rules set by swedish law. That means that if anyone buys something from the web shop he/she has the right to return it within two weeks if it is in condition as unused and to get a full refund. Likewise, if a module breaks within a the guarantee time I have to take it back and either get it fixed or refund the money.

But that said, I totaly understad if people don´t want to buy Cyndustries modules. Be it for bad karma, less then perfect customer support from the manufacturer or anything else.

Oh well. My loss. I have spent quite a lot of money on those modules, but my business dosen´t stand or fall with it. The worst that can happen is that I get to keep two ZO´s for myself and that I loose a bit of cash.

Thanks for your support. Needless to say, I won´t be restocking until she has made good by everybody.

/Ulf
Escape from Noise

vav
Beer Master

Post by vav » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:00 pm

dkcg wrote:
amnesia wrote:Throughout this whole fiasco I have learnt a few things about human nature.
I will not however understand the need to attack victims, thats just fucked up.Some petty people about.
Stop being such a martyr. Go help the Joshua Jackson victims now that you got yours. Victim? :lol:
Really?
dkcg wrote: I learned that sometimes the most vocal and mean spirited aren't even those who have been effected.
Quite.
Vactrols are the electronic equivalent of being drunk. -decaying.sine

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 pm

DKCG has his" I am a cunt" hat on yet again.

Stop being a stupid fucking cunt and grow up DKCG you petty fuck.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 pm

dkcg wrote:
So attacking the employee doing what he's told is ok?
Show me where I attacked the guy?
Are you that guy? Because you seem to be really pissed off about it.
Are you involved with Cyndustries?
You seem to be the only person flying the flag for them.
Last edited by amnesia on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Has everybody been drinking again?

Go sleep it off.
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

cbm
Eardrill

Post by cbm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Now that things are starting to turn around with Cyndustries, can we back off on the vitriol a little bit? Yes, things were pretty fucked up for a while, but they seem to be getting better, at long last. Cyndustries will have to work hard at being a good citizen again, but it seems like effort is being made.

It's time for a cooling off period, IMO.
Chris Muir
Personal -http://www.xfade.com
My Jobby -http://www.eardrill.com (Jobby = less than a job, more than a hobby)

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Well Chris I am happy to do that but I am getting sick and tired of Dkcg being an ass everytime I type something.

Would love to know what the agenda is? Its been going on for a long time and I am really over it.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:42 pm

amnesia wrote:Well Chris I am happy to do that but I am getting sick and tired of Dkcg being an ass everytime I type something.

Would love to know what the agenda is? Its been going on for a least 2 years and I am really over it.
I didn't say that you said something, do you disagree that those personal attacks on that kid were unwarranted? Perhaps you think he deserved it. That's what I meant.

I'd like to know what your agenda is Amnesia. Gotta collect all the Pokemon, but you can't, so you start whining...like how you want a 259 clone and nobody will sell you one. :cry: BTW, I passed on 2 last year. :lol:

And your maturity level is quite clear in your many posts here on Muff's, stop acting like you never provoke it. Do I have to point out specific thread where you come in to give some asinine opinion based on emotion?

Do you know why I don't like you? Because you usually bring up the word "community" when it's for things that you want support, usually for things that benefit you. John waits years longer than you, keeping to the points, and you whine loudest so you get your money back first, nothing more to say but "I got mine, thanks for everyone helping me get mine"...real sense of community there. That's what I see...might not be what you mean, but that's what I see.

As if your responses are ever mature...
Last edited by dkcg on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sduck

Post by sduck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Has everybody been drinking again?

Go sleep it off.

slovo
Care Bear of Fury

Post by slovo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Well, umm. In light of the recent comments, I'd just like to say that I don't mean to make any matters worse for anyone when I get riled up about something that didn't really affect me personally. I think we are all relatively emotional and forthright people and it can come out in our words. I know some of you are actually torn by personal relationships in these situations. I stand by my intent, though, which is to say there isn't a whole lot of "turning things around" in my opinion when she can't even admit fault and give a proper apology. It really indicates to me that she will continue to do what she can to obfuscate things to her advantage. I hope that my emotions haven't gotten the better of me this time around.
(ignatius) "it's like Point Break meets Schindler's List"
AIRSEA - Creepy noises to protest air pollution

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Dkcg you should not talk about maturity as you simply have not reached it yet. Posting images of people in nappies trying to provoke me, thats real mature. You have always had a dig at me for some reason over the years.

I dont give a fuck if you like me or not , but you do seem to be obsessed with everything I say. Maybe its time to let it go? I am not going away and either are you. The forum doesnt need this shit. I dont, not sure if you do?

Also the reason I shout after being ripped off by Cynthia is I do not have the benefit of walking to her house like you do. If I did I would have just gone there. You seem to be very close to Cynthia so close that maybe you were given a Zoe to big up her on the forum?

I dont hate anyone but I am starting to wearing thin with you.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Totally agree. Cynthia will never change. She is clearly in her own world.

She has done this more than once before and some of us stupidly fell for it the second time.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:09 pm

amnesia wrote:You seem to be very close to Cynthia so close that maybe you were given a Zoe to big up her on the forum?

I dont hate anyone but I am starting to wearing thin with you.
Just starting to? Didn't you call me a cunt just a few minutes ago?

Maybe you need bribes to like a product, I BOUGHT BOTH my ZOes. I don't like you accusation there, especially since it is untrue and something your paranoid mind made up.

Do you remember why I posted that picture of you in the diaper? Don't you remember writing something negative and spiteful in that thread that I started? I'm not insane, don't change facts to support your emotional opinion.

Gotta collect em all... :deadbanana:

sduck

Post by sduck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 pm

I still think one or both of you are drunk. You sure are acting like it.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 pm

dkcg wrote:
amnesia wrote:
Ok dude , whatever.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 pm

sduck wrote:I still think one or both of you are drunk. You sure are acting like it.
I'm venting my thoughts on this whole ordeal. I wanted to say something before when the personal attacks were flying, but you tell me if the mob didn't turn on anyone who wasn't with them during those posts. So I held it in until progress occurred. I wasn't sure Cynthia could pull it off, glad she did, hope she doesn't fall back into old patterns.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 pm

amnesia wrote:Totally agree. Cynthia will never change. She is clearly in her own world.
First I find it silly, these "investors" have been paid back by Cynithia. Fine, you can't (easily) ask for more but fuck lawsuits, this has been a burden on all that gave her money. A daily burden. I went through this with the PSIM, no one seemed to care. In this thread it seems many care, not only those ripped off. I think that helped, more than a few "whiners" we all saw it. And could pick out and call the offender on any thing-- would seem like whining if it was one or three+, this is not insignificant to have your money with someone else for so many years, I hope she included a bonus module to make up for it.
This is too deep, until she changes her business, accepts no deposits. stay away. I'm sure those already afflicted will, but, just FIX IT!!
That's kinda the point of the "community", it seems to equal a lot of lost customers.

essex sound lab
wiggler of the spheres

Post by essex sound lab » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 am

amnesia wrote:DKCG has his" I am a cunt" hat on yet again.

Have you even tried, in the slightest, to read what he's typed and where he's coming from?

To take an extreme but not entirely baseless read of this thread, one could view it as a few people taking their personal experiences, their interpretation of them and their associated emotions -- justified as they may be -- and amplifying them up to biblical proportions.

How many times did you make a single point -- or leverage the same images of your poorly-constructed module -- and make it into some sort of global phenomenon?

And all the self-congratulatory stuff on this thread and the "clean" one that was meant to be strictly factual.

For Christ's sake. We know you're apoplectic (again, perhaps justified). But maybe you could chill out for just a *second* to appreciate someone else's point of view, without assuming they're a "hater" or somehow attacking you.

essex sound lab
wiggler of the spheres

Post by essex sound lab » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 am

thetwlo wrote:Fine, you can't (easily) ask for more but fuck lawsuits, this has been a burden on all that gave her money. A daily burden.
In this rush to vilify, it's perhaps worth noting that a number of our favorite boutique manufacturers have:

- Given inaccurate ship dates, sometimes by months or years

- Delivered goods that were flawed in their design

- Delivered goods that were not tested -- in the slightest

- Not kept records of what was actually ordered

This is hardly unique. It's frustrating in the extreme for the purchaser. I know, I've been there. I've invested at *least* as much as many of you in this little hobby (I estimate about $120k) and have had my share of angst too. Do we really want change? If so, let's think about the broader equation. Continuing to vilify, chastise and mock isn't going to do it. Yes, it may result in a few refunds. But I'm pretty sure it won't solve the problem.

If it's even solvable. The macroeconomics and nature of synth artisans may dictate otherwise. This may be a necessary evil in the pursuit of interesting, non-mass market electronics.

But I can say one thing with certainty: piling on each other isn't going to do it.

filterdecay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by filterdecay » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 am

essex sound lab wrote:
thetwlo wrote:Fine, you can't (easily) ask for more but fuck lawsuits, this has been a burden on all that gave her money. A daily burden.
In this rush to vilify, it's perhaps worth noting that a number of our favorite boutique manufacturers have:

- Given inaccurate ship dates, sometimes by months or years

- Delivered goods that were flawed in their design

- Delivered goods that were not tested -- in the slightest

- Not kept records of what was actually ordered

This is hardly unique. It's frustrating in the extreme for the purchaser. I know, I've been there. I've invested at *least* as much as many of you in this little hobby (I estimate about $120k) and have had my share of angst too. Do we really want change? If so, let's think about the broader equation. Continuing to vilify, chastise and mock isn't going to do it. Yes, it may result in a few refunds. But I'm pretty sure it won't solve the problem.

If it's even solvable. The macroeconomics and nature of synth artisans may dictate otherwise. This may be a necessary evil in the pursuit of interesting, non-mass market electronics.

But I can say one thing with certainty: piling on each other isn't going to do it.
All of those things you listed are a negative for the industry. Cyndustries is just another layer I guess.

The best thing to be done is communicate with each other about our experiences. It would be interesting to have a rating system similar to eBay and people can leave positive or negative ratings for a manufacturer.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am

essex sound lab wrote:
amnesia wrote:DKCG has his" I am a cunt" hat on yet again.

Essex, what you dont seem to understand is that I have had to put up with Don's petty jabs for a looong time. Its not just about this cynthia business.

It seems like every second time I type something I get some nasty remark back.
I have had enough.

Maybe I misunderstood but he was suggesting that I have had a go at the guy who made the Zoe I received. I didn't. I dont even know if he even made it.

And if I didnt amplify my issue with Cynthia maybe I would still be out of pocket. I can understand the overload but you dont need to read it if you dont want too.
Last edited by amnesia on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”