it's time to discuss cynthia

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:00 am

amnesia wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
amnesia wrote:DKCG has his" I am a cunt" hat on yet again.

Stop being a stupid fucking cunt and grow up DKCG you petty fuck.
Essex what you dont seem to understand is that I have had to put up with Don xxx's petty jabs for a looong time. Its not just about this cynthia business.

It seems like every second time I type something I get some nasty remark back.
I have had enough.
Could a mod please remove my last name. Again you're being very mature Ross. Nice way to mess with my privacy.

Who's being petty now Ross, you piece of dogshit.

noobyscooby
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noobyscooby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:03 am

essex sound lab wrote: In this rush to vilify, it's perhaps worth noting that a number of our favorite boutique manufacturers have:

- Given inaccurate ship dates, sometimes by months or years

- Delivered goods that were flawed in their design

- Delivered goods that were not tested -- in the slightest

- Not kept records of what was actually ordered

This is hardly unique. It's frustrating in the extreme for the purchaser. I know, I've been there. I've invested at *least* as much as many of you in this little hobby (I estimate about $120k) and have had my share of angst too. Do we really want change? If so, let's think about the broader equation. Continuing to vilify, chastise and mock isn't going to do it. Yes, it may result in a few refunds. But I'm pretty sure it won't solve the problem.

If it's even solvable. The macroeconomics and nature of synth artisans may dictate otherwise. This may be a necessary evil in the pursuit of interesting, non-mass market electronics.

But I can say one thing with certainty: piling on each other isn't going to do it.
Exactly. I'll never forget what a complete clusterfuck euro was from a QC standpoint when I had about 33U.

There's still people who have been and will continue to be Cyndustries customers through this and after this and I am one of them. Others have been silent. She's never hesitated to answer any of my questions or offer to fix a module for free. Cyndustries isn't the greatest nor the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

I just have a simple rule with her and that's that I simply cannot pay for anything that isn't finished and ready to go. My first experience with her was paying in full for a euro zero (thank god it didn't get made, bought a used A-series one after I made the switch). Was told I'd have it within weeks and when 45 days was approaching I filed a paypal claim and was refunded by her instantly before paypal made her. So since then things have to be finished. That zero experience was the first and last time I put a deposit down for anything not shipping to me, modular or otherwise.

I bought a module and a sixpac off her a couple of months ago, asked about mixsixes and she mentioned that she could have one to go in about a week if I paid now. But I couldn't even trust her enough to do that in a week and have since seen those finished MixSixes for sale. Good for her. Found a cheap used one somewhere else.

Look, it sucks for everyone that waited years for items or refunds, but I'm still going to buy her stuff. And if anyone in this thread doesn't like it I could give less than half of a fuck. And don't tell me or anyone else not to. You're not our fucking dad. Some of my recent purchases of actual, working product probably went in your pocket.

And compared to so many business schemes, real estate scams and investment frauds at least you are getting money or product and the cost in the big scheme of the universe is minimal compared to others getting fucked for way more every day. Just ask any elderly person that gets robbed of their life savings.
Last edited by noobyscooby on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:04 am

It's too late, I already did the Google search and downloaded every picture corresponding to that name (1.2m jpegs).

Having all that information makes me feel so powerful :roll:

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 am

LoFi Junglist wrote:It's too late, I already did the Google search and downloaded every picture corresponding to that name (1.2m jpegs).

Having all that information makes me feel so powerful :roll:
If you think that's the point, you're just as much a piece of camel dung.

noobyscooby
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noobyscooby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 am

Maybe amnesia needs a vacation from here. Listing people's actual names here, especially last names is not cool. Nor is going after one of the nicest and most helpful guys here that makes tons of videos, answers tons of questions and goes out of his way to actually help the community.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 am

Ok I will remove it I wasnt aware I wasnt suppose to do that but Cynthia told me his name I thought it must be OK to say it.

Sorry was not meant to be harmful.

Its been removed.
Last edited by amnesia on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

amnesia wrote:Ok I will remove it I wasnt aware I wasnt suppose to do that but Cynthia told me his name I thought it must be cool to say it.

Sorry was not meant to be harmful.

Its been removed.
:roll:

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 am

noobyscooby wrote:Maybe amnesia needs a vacation from here. Listing people's actual names here, especially last names is not cool. Nor is going after one of the nicest and most helpful guys here that makes tons of videos, answers tons of questions and goes out of his way to actually help the community.
For the record people call me by my first name here. Don has just mentioned his name in another Zoe thread. Don's full name is linked to his youtube account via another web page as well. I just assumed it was out there already.It doesnt seem to be so top secret.

Again sorry was not trying to be smart.
Last edited by amnesia on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 am

amnesia wrote:
noobyscooby wrote:Maybe amnesia needs a vacation from here. Listing people's actual names here, especially last names is not cool. Nor is going after one of the nicest and most helpful guys here that makes tons of videos, answers tons of questions and goes out of his way to actually help the community.
For the record people call me by my first name here. Don has just mentioned his name in another Zoe thread.

Again sorry was not trying to be smart.
I never wrote my last name in that thread.

If it smells like bullshit, it's probably bullshit.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:13 am

dkcg wrote:[.
I never wrote my last name in that thread.
[/quote]

I did not say your said you last name. Cynthia told me who you were said you were over at her place helping her with the Zoe.

Again I have removed it and am sorry.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 am

essex sound lab wrote:
thetwlo wrote:Fine, you can't (easily) ask for more but fuck lawsuits, this has been a burden on all that gave her money. A daily burden.
In this rush to vilify, it's perhaps worth noting that a number of our favorite boutique manufacturers have:

This is hardly unique.
this paints a grim picture on the modular world, I wasn't aware of others currently doing this.
Please enlighten us!

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

So why did you write my whole name in a public forum if it wasn't meant to mess with me when all the other posts you just put my sn? If your judgement that bad, or are you just a bad liar? What if I hadn't called you out on it so soon? You're a sneaky bastard aren't you. If it were a real apology I might accept it, but I think you are sorry. Just covering your own ass, that's all.

Never talk to me again or post in a thread I start.

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:20 am

dkcg wrote:If you think that's the point, you're just as much a piece of camel dung.
Actually my point was that having your name means jack shit, and isn't important at all.

Any reason you haven't removed every instance of your full name from these forums, and have just chosen to make a fuss in this one?

You've wasted at least the last 15 minutes bickering about it in this thread when you could have been bumping your ZOe demo/shill thread.

noobyscooby
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noobyscooby » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:21 am

thetwlo wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
thetwlo wrote:Fine, you can't (easily) ask for more but fuck lawsuits, this has been a burden on all that gave her money. A daily burden.
In this rush to vilify, it's perhaps worth noting that a number of our favorite boutique manufacturers have:

This is hardly unique.
this paints a grim picture on the modular world, I wasn't aware of others currently doing this.
Please enlighten us!
Has anybody ever owned a MFB sequencer product or drum machine that actually worked 100% and actually syncs to anything? People stay away from their stuff sometimes or comment about it but there's no witch hunt.

People were also waiting years for paid product from another 5U producer, who's work I also love, if my memory recalls as well.

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:21 am

LoFi Junglist wrote:
dkcg wrote:If you think that's the point, you're just as much a piece of camel dung.
Actually my point was that having your name means jack shit, and isn't important at all.

Any reason you haven't removed every instance of your full name from these forums, and have just chosen to make a fuss in this one?

You've wasted at least the last 15 minutes bickering about it in this thread when you could have been bumping your ZOe demo/shill thread.
And you wasted another few minutes. I've never written my whole name in any thread that is public. Do you not get the point? Really??

I see you like making things personal? Do you really not get the point? :doh:
Last edited by dkcg on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

essex sound lab
wiggler of the spheres

Post by essex sound lab » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 am

thetwlo wrote: this paints a grim picture on the modular world, I wasn't aware of others currently doing this.
Please enlighten us!
You're kidding, right? I'm pretty sure the search function works here.

And there are some cases that go undocumented. In some cases, people don't raise a stink for one reason or another.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:25 am

dkcg wrote: Never talk to me again or post in a thread I start.
We type Cynthia's full name here, we type Peter Grenader's full name and many other people etc etc Don's full name and his DKCG is on many other forums and web pages, didnt think it was that much of a top secret thing.

it was an honest error and I corrected it immediately.
Last edited by amnesia on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:07 am

essex sound lab wrote:
thetwlo wrote: this paints a grim picture on the modular world, I wasn't aware of others currently doing this.
Please enlighten us!
You're kidding, right? I'm pretty sure the search function works here.

And there are some cases that go undocumented. In some cases, people don't raise a stink for one reason or another.
PM'd
also, that's not good search for...? Thanks for the heads up, who else is doing this?

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 am

if it wasn't clear:
I PERSONALLY do not fucking care, SORT IT and FIX IT.

IF that happens some may come back, some NEVER will. SIMPLE.
fucking communities.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:22 am

dkcg wrote: And you wasted another few minutes.
wow! that's insulting. Seems like Cynthia's ongoing mantra... a few mins, days, months, years????
FUCKING YEARS??
YEARS!!!!!

momo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by momo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:23 am

LoFi Junglist wrote:

Seeing as it wasn't your name that was posted, I'm not sure it's you that gets to decide it means "jack shit". I would be equally annoyed, and that'd me my prerogative.

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:24 am

amnesia wrote:
it was an honest error and I corrected it immediately.
How many times does a man have to say sorry?
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:27 am

Again I am not sure what the big fuss is Don's full name is on the Cyndustries Yahoo group and on the Plan B web page linking to his DKCG you tube channel.Cynthia Webster said he was helping her with the Zoe and Don even said he was.

But in saying that it did upset him here and I removed it.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 am

amnesia wrote:Again I am not sure what the big fuss is Don's full name is on the Cyndustries Yahoo group and on the Plan B web page linking to his DKCG you tube channel.Cynthia Webster said he was helping her with the Zoe and Don even said he was.

well, i get it, i'd honor his request. but it's likely, you apply for a job, and they find this....

filterdecay
Learning to Wiggle

Post by filterdecay » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 am

thetwlo wrote:
amnesia wrote:Again I am not sure what the big fuss is Don's full name is on the Cyndustries Yahoo group and on the Plan B web page linking to his DKCG you tube channel.Cynthia Webster said he was helping her with the Zoe and Don even said he was.

well, i get it, i'd honor his request. but it's likely, you apply for a job, and they find this....
Now that would be an interesting conversation. :mrgreen:

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”