it's time to discuss cynthia

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 am

momo wrote:Seeing as it wasn't your name that was posted, I'm not sure it's you that gets to decide it means "jack shit". I would be equally annoyed, and that'd me my prerogative.
I should have been clearer in my original response: Having the name printed here means jack shit because it's posted all over these forums, and others.

My post was trying to highlight the silliness in the feigned shock and disgust he suddenly expressed, because his name was posted in this thread (although it was definitely a great redirecting tactic after he had been called out on his "cunt" posts). From aggressor to victim in one page, great job dkcg, metatrolling at its finest :tu:

digital_steve
Muppet

Post by digital_steve » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 am

I'm confused...
Is the issue to do with privacy or the fact that a real name attributed to a forum member makes it more difficult to hide behind a forum handle whilst posting utter wank?
richard wrote:
MrBiggs wrote:serious instrument. What does that even mean?
I think it means you have to frown when you play it.
causticlogic wrote:Yeah, digital_steve spells "fun" with a capital FU...

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 am

digital_steve wrote:I'm confused...
Is the issue to do with privacy or the fact that a real name attributed to a forum member makes it more difficult to hide behind a forum handle whilst posting utter wank?
uh, he's legit. amazing demos of the Zoe he posted.
you haven't been listening.

digital_steve
Muppet

Post by digital_steve » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 am

It wasn't the demos I was referring to.
richard wrote:

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 am

digital_steve wrote:It wasn't the demos I was referring to.
s
Clarity is golden. enlighten us!
what is it you referred to?

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dr. Sketch-n-Etch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 am

Internet anonymity means you can heap insults and abuse on people you've never met from the comfort and security of your parent's basement.
For every bullshit job, you need a bullshit education -- Brian Eno

essex sound lab
wiggler of the spheres

Post by essex sound lab » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 am

thetwlo wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:
thetwlo wrote: this paints a grim picture on the modular world, I wasn't aware of others currently doing this.
Please enlighten us!
You're kidding, right? I'm pretty sure the search function works here.

And there are some cases that go undocumented. In some cases, people don't raise a stink for one reason or another.
PM'd
also, that's not good search for...? Thanks for the heads up, who else is doing this?
I didn't see a PM.

Vendors with supply, communication and/or (typically sporadic, not endemic) quality issues are pretty well documented here. You're right -- you can't find all of them easily by searching, although searching on the term "invoiced" will bring up a few.

My post wasn't meant to be a "heads up" about specific manufacturers, but rather to point out that the issues raised about Cyndustries aren't entirely unique to the one company.

fyvewytches
pan galactic gargle master

Post by fyvewytches » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:44 am

essex sound lab wrote:
You're kidding, right? I'm pretty sure the search function works here.

And there are some cases that go undocumented. In some cases, people don't raise a stink for one reason or another.
Yep, I could mention one manufacturer who would tick each of those boxes. I'm not going to make a stink about it... But I may if the issues aren't resolved soon !

Norman_Phay

Post by Norman_Phay » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 am

essex sound lab wrote:Vendors with supply, communication and/or (typically sporadic, not endemic) quality issues are pretty well documented here. You're right -- you can't find all of them easily by searching, although searching on the term "invoiced" will bring up a few.
For all this is true (the only vendor I've bought from that has 100% delivered in a timely manner is John Blacet) stringing people out to this degree is pretty unusual i think? I'm pretty sure it's really just PG and Cyn who have done this - strung ppl along for years before delivering (or not yet in my case) Randal and Brice I don't think count because they're just str8 ripoff merchants.
Last edited by Norman_Phay on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

roadstersuntan
Common Wiggler

Post by roadstersuntan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 am

I can't wait until MW implements a " you're real ID will be made more accessible the more you act like an idiot " policy.

Guys, please don't make his life worse by turning this wondrous resource into a place not enjoyable to visit.

Sad...

sduck
experimental use of gravity

ATTN MODS

Post by sduck » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 am

Time to lock this thread

3 pages of insanely stupid and childish personal bickering has rendered this thread useless. And if the people involved can't sort it out via PM's, ban them. This has gotten stupid.
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Bricks
paper kettle

Post by Bricks » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 am

For the sake of the people that run this board, is it worth considering being a hair kinder & slower?
Or if that seems unreasonable given some history I can't comprehend, at least taking the interpersonal heat offline somehow?

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 am

Bricks wrote:For the sake of the people that run this board, is it worth considering being a hair kinder & slower?
THIS

Honestly everyone, take a time out.

Dkcg, Ross has apologized multiple times, I don't think anyone thinks he posted your name to be malicious except you. He removed it as soon as you asked.

From a neutral viewpoint it does seem like you are constantly out to attack him. And "collect them all?" why are you judging the motives of someone who loves modular gear? Hardly "community"-centric behavior.

I understand that you're trying to defend Cynthia, but please take a deep breath because your emotions are keeping you from doing that at this point. Some people think you are a rep for her company and your aren't repping very professionally.

Everyone else, if youre getting trolled ignore it. The Internet doesn't need you to call out poor behavior.

EVERYONE settle down now or I'm locking this thread. If everyone except one or two people can settle down and post decently on the topic at hand, I can deal with the one or two who are trying to derail things individually. If the majority pile on I'm just gonna have to lock things.

Thank-you.
Last edited by Muff Wiggler on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

drip.feed
Roll it off at 30 Hz

Post by drip.feed » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 am

I've lost track now. Does Zoe work for Cynthia or what?
Dripfeed

science
Spending Spree!

Post by science » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm

cbm wrote:Now that things are starting to turn around with Cyndustries, can we back off on the vitriol a little bit? Yes, things were pretty fucked up for a while, but they seem to be getting better, at long last. Cyndustries will have to work hard at being a good citizen again, but it seems like effort is being made.

It's time for a cooling off period, IMO.
:roll:

...and here we go again...

Cynthia was basically forced to deliver via public shaming and massive amounts of pressure from all angles. They didn't do anything because it was the "right thing to do".

They blamed a customer for "forcing" them to deliver a horribly fucked up module. They showed us how they favor "famous" customers. They generally deflected all blame for the situation towards someone else. I haven't seen any real apology for any of that.

For all we know, there could be plenty of other people out there who are owed modules or money. Not everyone is involved in the internet synth scene.

So why, exactly, should anyone be giving Cynthia a break?

momo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by momo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

science wrote:
cbm wrote:Now that things are starting to turn around with Cyndustries, can we back off on the vitriol a little bit? Yes, things were pretty fucked up for a while, but they seem to be getting better, at long last. Cyndustries will have to work hard at being a good citizen again, but it seems like effort is being made.

Cynthia was basically forced to deliver via public shaming and massive amounts of pressure from all angles. They didn't do anything because it was the "right thing to do".

They blamed a customer for "forcing" them to deliver a horribly fucked up module. They showed us how they favor "famous" customers. They generally deflected all blame for the situation towards someone else. I haven't seen any real apology for any of that.

For all we know, there could be plenty of other people out there who are owed modules or money. Not everyone is involved in the internet synth scene.

I would like to post the following for balance, this is a little disclaimer because I realise my superlative memory may make me come across like a stalker, or like I am calling you out, science, and truly, my intention is niether of those things...

I seem to recall that you publicly - on Muffs - complained about, at that time, B&A's all over the place delivery times. I along with several other Wigglers at the time seemed to believe you got your system within the stated delivery time - ahead of others that had seemingly placed their orders before you - due to the public and vocal 'squeeky wheel' that you seemed to be. I must hasten to add that I was also one of the people very concerned and frustrated at that time to learn of the apparant disorganisation at B&A.

That was 2009, fast forward just a year, and since 2010 Jon @ B&A did an AMAZING job at turning things around (if it was a team, then credit should go to them too). And since his departure, Karl seems to be taking care of things just fine too.

Yes going public does help, I think that is true of many situations purely to quell the negative press in an effort to protect the business. My overriding point is that things can change, and maybe they will here too. I'm not for a moment suggesting any of us cut any slack, or offer trust beyond that warranted, but why don't we just leave things be and see how things pan out? No one is forcing anyone to buy a Cyndustries module.

I really believe that no one can make anyone else change, it has to come from within, and if Cynthia's business really means as much to her as she leads me to believe, I believe she will have no choice but to change or become a part of synthesiser history rather than a continued part of it.

So again, please accept my sincerest apologies if it seems like I am singling you out science - I mean, I know you're not a sensitive guy! But it's important to me that I make my position clear to anyone that is caring to read.

Peace and love to you all :hug:

ps: and the quick answer to your rhetorical question is:
1. because we all make mistakes, and it's nice to be able to turn things around, where there is opportunity to do so, and;
2. Speaking personally, I feel that Cyndustries present something interesting to the modular world, and I think our playground would be richer with them in it.

divisionbyzero
Veteran Wiggler

Post by divisionbyzero » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

science wrote:...and here we go again...

this is going to be my last post on the issue, but this x 100.

i chased down a module for 3.3 years and a refund for 8 months and finally got something a week before our scheduled court date? that's not doing the right thing, that's fearing the public record. cynthia never offered me an apology, and every apology here to the community was of the "i'm sorry you were offended" type. fuck that.

people in this community have short memories, especially when something new and shiny is in front of them. i'm out, good luck when the next scammer arrives!

science
Spending Spree!

Post by science » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:16 pm

momo wrote:
science wrote:

I would like to post the following for balance, this is a little disclaimer because I realise my superlative memory may make me come across like a stalker, or like I am calling you out, science, and truly, my intention is niether of those things...

I seem to recall that you publicly - on Muffs - complained about, at that time, B&A's all over the place delivery times. I along with several other Wigglers at the time seemed to believe you got your system within the stated delivery time - ahead of others that had seemingly placed their orders before you - due to the public and vocal 'squeeky wheel' that you seemed to be. I must hasten to add that I was also one of the people very concerned and frustrated at that time to learn of the apparant disorganisation at B&A.

That was 2009, fast forward just a year, and since 2010 Jon @ B&A did an AMAZING job at turning things around (if it was a team, then credit should go to them too). And since his departure, Karl seems to be taking care of things just fine too.

Yes going public does help, I think that is true of many situations purely to quell the negative press in an effort to protect the business. My overriding point is that things can change, and maybe they will here too. I'm not for a moment suggesting any of us cut any slack, or offer trust beyond that warranted, but why don't we just leave things be and see how things pan out? No one is forcing anyone to buy a Cyndustries module.

I really believe that no one can make anyone else change, it has to come from within, and if Cynthia's business really means as much to her as she leads me to believe, I believe she will have no choice but to change or become a part of synthesiser history rather than a continued part of it.

So again, please accept my sincerest apologies if it seems like I am singling you out science - I mean, I know you're not a sensitive guy! But it's important to me that I make my position clear to anyone that is caring to read.

Peace and love to you all :hug:

ps: and the quick answer to your rhetorical question is:
1. because we all make mistakes, and it's nice to be able to turn things around, where there is opportunity to do so, and;
2. Speaking personally, I feel that Cyndustries present something interesting to the modular world, and I think our playground would be richer with them in it.
I won't deny any of that. You're right, I was a squeaky wheel, mainly because I was nervous after handing over the largest amount of money I had ever handed over for a synth, then becoming concerned after hearing some stories. No apology necessary. I'll still stand by what I probably said back then, too. I didn't think it was very cool for it to be nearly impossible to get a hold of someone I had just given that amount of money to, nor was I a fan of the "optimistic" delivery estimates.

John did turn things around incredibly, and we all owe him thanks for that.

That said, B&A was never guilty of anything even remotely similar to what Cyndustries has pulled over and over again. I stand by everything I said in this thread RE: Cyndustries.

momo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by momo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 pm

That's fair. As was your earlier post; there certainly is a recurring theme with Cyndustries. I just hope it is broken and that things do change.

digital_steve
Muppet

Post by digital_steve » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Internet anonymity means you can heap insults and abuse on people you've never met from the comfort and security of your parent's basement.
Only if you have true anonymity. For instance, people know you're the dude that works with intellijel and know your name; does that make it harder to give out a slagging when you feel the need?
I don't get it.

I'm Steve Galloway; there... All my Internet powers are now gone.
richard wrote:

shaft9000
wait, what?

Post by shaft9000 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:23 am

abstraktor wrote: Would I ever buy a Cyndustries product or recommend them to someone?
Certainly not, but memories are short and already some people are indicating a "forgive and forget" attitude to CW. Fuck that.
just a little perspective;
who here owns a Ford or VW?

by this logic you better sell it and avoid forever, because both companies were started by dyed in the wool Nazis/supremacists. Hilter initiated the creation of VW personally. then there's Mitsubishi, Hugo Boss, etc the list goes on and on the more you look into our species' fascinating past.
youtube.com/shaft9000 ◄ modcan+euro demo:study
shaft9000.muffwiggler.com ◄ singles:mp3
shaft9000.bandcamp.com ◄ album

neil.johnson
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neil.johnson » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 am

Godwin's Law. :roll:

Neil
Modular stuff :: http://www.njohnson.co.uk

shaft9000
wait, what?

Post by shaft9000 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 am

gee, eyerolls.

you're so helpful. thanks for setting us all straight there, mister!
youtube.com/shaft9000 ◄ modcan+euro demo:study
shaft9000.muffwiggler.com ◄ singles:mp3
shaft9000.bandcamp.com ◄ album

dslocum
darwin's nemesis

Post by dslocum » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I can stand to lurk no longer. This thread is FUCKED UP BEYOND COMPREHENSION. Forgive me Buddha.

I previously put my two cents in what seems 10 million posts ago. I hear where everyone is coming from and won't discount anyone's claim to seek justice, even Karma, and maybe a bit of revenge. We all agree that this is a VERY BAD situation. I don't endorse Cynthia's actions - period, which is why I gave up on her after such a short time of association.

Thus, I've stayed back watching at the 10,000 foot level, and -all- I BLOODY WELL SEE is that Cynthia has turned us against ourselves. Can't you see it. Don't you smell it, hear it, sense it?

We are bickering, name calling, finger pointing and generally causing completely unrelated side fisticuffs (please move these to PM, I don't wish to see them in public. It's YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, NOT OURS).

I for one would STRONGLY petition the moderators to close this thread to Read-Only for a period of one week. If the nonsense continues after that, lock it for good. It no longer seems to have any constructive purpose.

Let's get back to creating music Folks. Isn't that why we are here?

(Please contribute to Muffs, even a little. As you can tell, he goes thru a lot of nasty shit. Lets give him a round of support)

Doug Slocum, OVER AND OUT!
Doug Slocum
Synthetic Sound Labs
www.steamsynth.com
------------
"I guess all the Forest Mims Radio Shack books I read finally paid off!"
"I ordered twice as many _______ as I thought I'd need, only to find out that I'm still less than half way to having enough."
"...this whole thing was started by a dream and a mouse." - Walt Disney
"Flatulence sounds aren't just for brass and reed instruments anymore, thanks in large part to Dr Moog." - Ockeghem

Cynthia
Common Wiggler

Post by Cynthia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 pm

All the ZOe orders have been fulfilled, all refunds paid, the small claims case was dismissed today...
We've already done the first ZOe retrofit for a customer, and we sold and shipped eighteen new orders this week,
We did all this and shipped much more, reducing last week's Grand Total Order Backlog from (31) down to (14).

Cynthia

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”