Tube Modular Synth from Modified Hammond Solovox

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

Moog$FooL$
Broke Dick Dog

Post by Moog$FooL$ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm

so how's this project coming?

d.

tablebeast
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tablebeast » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Unfortunately I had to put it aside for now to finish up some paying gigs. I will get back to it soon, though I have scaled back my expectations quite a bit. I am going to keep it simple and get it going before I try to dive into weird mods and such.

Moog$FooL$
Broke Dick Dog

Post by Moog$FooL$ » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:52 pm

ah yes..... work!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :evil:
man's worst invention.

get's in the way of fun.

i've had a little lap steel amp "rebuild" project that i just never seem to get to.

BKehew
Common Wiggler

Post by BKehew » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 am

Sorry I missed this earlier. Can I offer you congratulations for starting and working on this - it's been a discussion among several sound-smart people I know that the basic tone of these oscillators is amazing.

However, I would ask you to look into

(A) a Hammond S6 or S100 chord organ instead. It's like a Solovox WITH a polyphonic organ, a small NOVACHORD! Imagine the sonic options. And they are cheap and plentiful!

(B) There are many models of Solovox, not just one. I used to have about 6 of them, but I don't recall preferences anymore, but some were MUCH better-sounding than the others, with better feature set. Before you spend hundreds of hours, it might be good to look after which model is the best source. They are all inexpensive and shippable...

Good luck! Need photos and video/audio demos if you can, thanks!!

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”