Double Andore Mk2

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:59 am

Have you tried to reduce the envelope amount with its attenuverter ?

:hmm: :despair:

youkon
frequency research department

Post by youkon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:34 pm

yes, of course.
but as you just have half a turn for the whole 8(?)V, it gets too loud too quick and distorts.
It feels like I just need 2,5 or 3 volts until distortion starts and it really IS quite loud then. Same for vca offset. about half to 2/3 opened and signal starts to distort. I think all normal, just very hot?
I'm just not used to attenuate signals that much before an input (using Make Noise and Doepfer mostly)

What I have put into the two signal inputs of the vcas are 2 A-110-4, by the way. One is from the first run and it's the most quiet output of all my signal generators. And even this one I have to attenuate quite something (here I was more happy than thinking :mad: )

I think all good, nothing broken or something like that, just a question of gain staging/signal flow

d.thomas
Common Wiggler

Post by d.thomas » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Are both cross mods turned all the way off?

youkon

Post by youkon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 am

yes, they are :)
I just have both Telharmonic outs plugged into the DA2 and I have to use the Intellijel TriAtt attenuated to about 9 o'clock (between almost closed to max 11 o'clock) in order to be able to open the vcas completely without getting distortion

So far, I like the module, I'm still asking myself whether other Harvestman modules like HD or PH aren't that hot like the Make Noise Modules or if I shall distort the vca that fast in order to get the Harvestman sound??

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Hmm, does the Telharmonic have a builtin VCa (a la Mysteron)? I'm unsure if/how it would impact things but I never run my Mysteron through a VCA.
PH et al are standard output levels, not hot.

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:37 am

Teleharmonic doesn't have a vca on its outputs.
In my experience its output level is comparable to other oscillators. :tu:

reodjectz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by reodjectz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Any one have weird noise on their DA mk2's env out when in slew mode?

youkon

Post by youkon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:40 pm

reodjectz wrote:Any one have weird noise on their DA mk2's env out when in slew mode?
Can you give an exact patchexample to reproduce this?

reodjectz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by reodjectz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 pm

youkon wrote:
reodjectz wrote:Any one have weird noise on their DA mk2's env out when in slew mode?
sure: Patch something from ENV out. Look at with an oscilloscope. That's it - it is obvious constant and seems to be unavoidable. a video:

[video][/video]

The Attack, Decay, and shape all change the sound. IT is like it is constantly cycling or something similar. Any ideas?

spruce999
Common Wiggler

Post by spruce999 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 am

Am I the only one who can't wait for expander unit?

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:47 am

spruce999 wrote:Am I the only one who can't wait for expander unit?
Hell no. There's a damn long lineup here.

guestt

Post by guestt » Mon May 01, 2017 9:08 am

Indeed!!

Happiness Forever
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Happiness Forever » Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm

My New-To-Me module has mailed today, cannot wait!! With this and the PHmkII I just purchased today I now still need even more IME/The Harvestman modules!!! WHooooooo! Bring 'Em On!!
:party:

!MONDO ANTHEM!
Live Large, Live Often.
www.WillRage.org

guestt

Post by guestt » Wed May 24, 2017 6:47 am

Mine is being sent back for repair as the CV input on Env B is not working and I am absolutely gutted... I knew I always liked this module very much, but taking it out of my rack and packaging it up has left a hole way larger than it's actual hp!

Scott responded quickly saying yep, send for repair, Juno sent me a free return slip, so it's all taken care of and I have absolutely no complaints and only praise for both, but... arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

How do I survive without my DAmk][?

:help:

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:23 am

Baddcr wrote:Mine is being sent back for repair as the CV input on Env B is not working and I am absolutely gutted... I knew I always liked this module very much, but taking it out of my rack and packaging it up has left a hole way larger than it's actual hp!

Scott responded quickly saying yep, send for repair, Juno sent me a free return slip, so it's all taken care of and I have absolutely no complaints and only praise for both, but... arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

How do I survive without my DAmk][?

:help:
DA mk1

guestt

Post by guestt » Thu May 25, 2017 6:09 am

Oh that's a very kind offer mt3 :D

I'll send you my address heheh

I wish I had the funds to just go and buy another one... damn I am missing this thing so much!!!

tauburn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tauburn » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

reodjectz wrote:
youkon wrote:
sure: Patch something from ENV out. Look at with an oscilloscope. That's it - it is obvious constant and seems to be unavoidable. a video:

[video][/video]

The Attack, Decay, and shape all change the sound. IT is like it is constantly cycling or something similar. Any ideas?
I had the same issue with DAMK2 even when not in slew mode. I recently got a new case and power supply (tiptop mantis) and it completely went away. I think the DA is just picky about power for some reason.

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:00 pm

I have a question for mk2 users.
On the mk1, the enveloppe retriggers from the beginning (0v) when a new trigger or gate signal is detected at the trigger input, instead of being retriggered from the value it has reached when a new signal is fed to the Trigger input (like on Maths). Which, of course, causes clicks.
Does the DA mk2 works as DA mk1 or as Maths ?

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 am

ikkini wrote:I have a question for mk2 users.
On the mk1, the enveloppe retriggers from the beginning (0v) when a new trigger or gate signal is detected at the trigger input, instead of being retriggered from the value it has reached when a new signal is fed to the Trigger input (like on Maths). Which, of course, causes clicks.
Does the DA mk2 works as DA mk1 or as Maths ?
Hmmm, I'm unsure if I understand the question.
It looks like mk2 works like mk1.
Do you have an example of the way Maths does its thing?

esko997
Common Wiggler

Post by esko997 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey gents..looking for a bit of help with the Double Andore mk2. In my experience there usually isn't anything wrong with my modules when I cant get them to work as expected, I'm usually just doing something wrong, figured if anyone can point out my mistake you guys can.

When using section B (? the bottom section), if I move the Shape control more than ~25% clockwise or counter clock wise the envelope will not respond to the sliders, it will just behave as if the drone control/vca is open, regardless of my envelop settings and/or if the module is receiving a trigger.

The top section (section A?) does not exhibit this behavior. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a feature? What I have been doing in the meantime is patching an external envelop just so I can use the VCA, but I'd really like to use the one included :hihi:

Any help appreciated, thanks gents. :hail:

EDIT: Also, this was not happening when I first received the module, which is why I feel like it might just be something I'm missing.

guestt

Post by guestt » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:09 am

AFAIK both channels should behave the same, so if you make the settings the same and swap the same incoming cables over and the channels don't behave the same there's probably something wrong!

esko997
Common Wiggler

Post by esko997 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:27 am

Baddcr wrote:AFAIK both channels should behave the same, so if you make the settings the same and swap the same incoming cables over and the channels don't behave the same there's probably something wrong!
Thanks for the reply Baddcr, did some more testing last night after posting trying to isolate the issue a bit. Was able to get some usable envelop response by keeping the SHAPE control pretty much in the middle, but the envelop doesn't sound great. Will email IDM and see if they have any thoughts.

Thank you!

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:37 am

esko997 wrote:
Baddcr wrote:AFAIK both channels should behave the same, so if you make the settings the same and swap the same incoming cables over and the channels don't behave the same there's probably something wrong!
Thanks for the reply Baddcr, did some more testing last night after posting trying to isolate the issue a bit. Was able to get some usable envelop response by keeping the SHAPE control pretty much in the middle, but the envelop doesn't sound great. Will email IDM and see if they have any thoughts.

Thank you!
What sort of envelopes do you get from Env Out and Variable envelope outputs?
Check your X-mod.
Check your Mode for envelope types.

esko997
Common Wiggler

Post by esko997 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 am

mt3 wrote:
esko997 wrote:

Thank you!
What sort of envelopes do you get from Env Out and Variable envelope outputs?
Check your X-mod.
Check your Mode for envelope types.
Hey mt3, thank you very much for the suggestions. As I was patching/trying them out, I noticed that the washer on Mix output was slightly loose. Tightening the washer causes the behavior mentioned above, but when I loosen it and kind of wiggle it over to the left a little bit it acts as expected. Going to take the module out and take a quick peek to see if I can see anything.

EDIT: So I took it out and poked around a bit. Not sure if there were some components that were touching that shouldnt be or something, but I pulled the 'Mix' jack to towards me (to the right when looking at the front of the module) and that seems to have fixed the issue. Will probably reappear at some point but its working for me now.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:21 pm

esko997 Ah, reminds me of another classic eurorack issue: what brand patch cables do you use? Are there mixed brands?
Not unique to Harvestman modules, but I found different cable brands can be tight to loose, same with jacks.

Return to “The Harvestman”