Double Andore Mk2

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

esko997
Common Wiggler

Post by esko997 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:31 pm

mt3 wrote:esko997 Ah, reminds me of another classic eurorack issue: what brand patch cables do you use? Are there mixed brands?
Not unique to Harvestman modules, but I found different cable brands can be tight to loose, same with jacks.
Thanks again for the suggestion mt3, though I dont believe it is the case here as the behavior will be the same even if nothing is patched -- I can see the LED next to the shape control fully and continuously lit despite nothing being patched :(

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 am

Been doing alot of research and I'm tempted to get the HD MK2 and DA MK2 as my first two modules along with a filter (Three sisters or Wasp filter). I won't be getting any other modules at the beginning. Just those three.

However, I'm a bit worried that the DA might be too complicated as one of my first modules?

I've seen people say that the MK1 versions of those modules are superior so I'm not sure. Looking to make some dark ambient/drone.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Watch robotopsy's vids. And James Cigler's.

mk I is out of this world.
Both are great, as is a Maths or Function.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 pm

mt3 wrote:Watch robotopsy's vids. And James Cigler's.

Yeah I've seen Robotopsy's video for the DA MK 2. It sounds amazing.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Basically mk I is great for glitch.
mk II is great for drone.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm

lordymosh wrote:
mt3 wrote:Watch robotopsy's vids. And James Cigler's.

Yeah I've seen Robotopsy's video for the DA MK 2. It sounds amazing.
If you can understand his vids, you'll be fine.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:11 am

My very first module was the Double Andore MKI. Dont be intimidated by it's functions. If you'll have just a few modules to start with, it's the best thing for you. you'll have plenty of time to master every aspects of it. Both versions of the DA are amazing. The DAMKI has wavetable features and can run it's envelopes in audio RATE LFOs. So you can use them as sound source. The DAMKII isnot wavetable for now but will be when its expander will be available. But still wont run fast enough to go audiorate.... unless some new firmware update. Both version can also do Cross modulation but the DAMKII surpass the MKI a lot. Both can do drones too. Those two big knobs at the bottom of the MKI are just the same as the 2 drone sliders of the MKII. they just open the VCA.

Well it's up to you. fo me the module teached me to get the max out of any module and to try every specs of the module and explore all the possibilities and limits.
lordymosh wrote:Been doing alot of research and I'm tempted to get the HD MK2 and DA MK2 as my first two modules along with a filter (Three sisters or Wasp filter). I won't be getting any other modules at the beginning. Just those three.

However, I'm a bit worried that the DA might be too complicated as one of my first modules?

I've seen people say that the MK1 versions of those modules are superior so I'm not sure. Looking to make some dark ambient/drone.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 am

robotopsy wrote:My very first module was the Double Andore MKI. Dont be intimidated by it's functions. If you'll have just a few modules to start with, it's the best thing for you. you'll have plenty of time to master every aspects of it. Both versions of the DA are amazing. The DAMKI has wavetable features and can run it's envelopes in audio RATE LFOs. So you can use them as sound source. The DAMKII isnot wavetable for now but will be when its expander will be available. But still wont run fast enough to go audiorate.... unless some new firmware update. Both version can also do Cross modulation but the DAMKII surpass the MKI a lot. Both can do drones too. Those two big knobs at the bottom of the MKI are just the same as the 2 drone sliders of the MKII. they just open the VCA.

Well it's up to you. fo me the module teached me to get the max out of any module and to try every specs of the module and explore all the possibilities and limits.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go with the DA MK2 and HD MK2 as my first modules along with a filter. Love your videos. Keep up the good work.

oranginafiend
Common Wiggler

Post by oranginafiend » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 pm

I seem to be having an issue with some sort of "Phantom ENV CV IN": I'm playing my piston honda with a keyboard and triggering ENV A with my keyboard's gate out, and using ENV B in cycle mode as an lfo into the PH's FM input for vibrato. My issue is that while the gate is high, ENV B slows down. As soon as I let go of the key and the gate goes low you can hear the ENV B revert to a very fast envelope. I get the same results using ENV A for vibrato and ENV B as an traditional envelope. There's nothing patched into the ENV CV IN and the attunuverter is at 0. Crossmod is also all the way down and there's nothing patched into ENV B's ENV Input, but it's behaving like there's a CV coming into ENV B's ENV CV IN whenever ENV A's GATE input is high. Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Neither the manual nor the jamescigler tutorial video are helping me out.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:34 pm

What keyboard?
Did you try gates from elsewhere?

oranginafiend
Common Wiggler

Post by oranginafiend » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 pm

mt3 wrote:What keyboard?
I was using my vintage Arp Odyssey, which seemed to be the issue. I used gates from a midi keyboard and from the SHII and couldn't reproduce the fluttering. I should also note that my Odyssey seems to retrigger the DAII upon depressing a key (sometimes) when the decay is long enough. Maybe my Odd needs a CV/Gate once over. Thanks!

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:52 pm

oranginafiend wrote:
mt3 wrote:What keyboard?
I was using my vintage Arp Odyssey, which seemed to be the issue. I used gates from a midi keyboard and from the SHII and couldn't reproduce the fluttering. I should also note that my Odyssey seems to retrigger the DAII upon depressing a key (sometimes) when the decay is long enough. Maybe my Odd needs a CV/Gate once over. Thanks!
I'd imagine it's a shotgun marriage of two epochs, so maybe the Odyssey is using a different standard for its gate?
Do you have a scope or something to record the gate from Odyssey? Curious what is causing the issue.

oranginafiend
Common Wiggler

Post by oranginafiend » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:56 pm

mt3 wrote: I'd imagine it's a shotgun marriage of two epochs, so maybe the Odyssey is using a different standard for its gate?
Do you have a scope or something to record the gate from Odyssey? Curious what is causing the issue.
Unfortunately, I don't!

guestt

Post by guestt » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:59 am

Well worth picking one up oranginafiend - wigglers best friend imho :)

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:52 am

Any more news of the expander? Thinking about maybe picking up an MKII soon but if the expander is nonexistent I'm tempted to save some money and get an MKI (as I sadly only have space for one :waah: )

tauburn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tauburn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 pm

I'm assuming there still has been no follow up from harvey man about the DAMK2 expansion module right?

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:27 pm

tauburn wrote:I'm assuming there still has been no follow up from harvey man about the DAMK2 expansion module right?
I messaged them on facebook a few weeks ago and got this back:
hello! there is no release date yet, dealers haven't been very interested. i might just release 100 directly through the accessories store... but the DA2 will soon get a firmware update that improves its envelope and CV performance anyway.

I followed up with a few questions but haven't heard back since.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm

uniquepersonno2 wrote:I messaged them on facebook a few weeks ago and got this back:
hello! there is no release date yet, dealers haven't been very interested. i might just release 100 directly through the accessories store... but the DA2 will soon get a firmware update that improves its envelope and CV performance anyway.
Ah, gracias. This goes far in explaining quite a few things.
Maybe we need to start a ShitKickerstarter or a pre-order to get the momentum on this rolling...

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 pm

mt3 wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote:I messaged them on facebook a few weeks ago and got this back:
Ah, gracias. This goes far in explaining quite a few things.
Maybe we need to start a ShitKickerstarter or a pre-order to get the momentum on this rolling...
I actually asked about preordering but haven't heard anything... hopefully we'll get more news soon though.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Sun May 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Been eyeing up a DA mk2 for my first set of modules but its been out of stock for a while. I saw someone is selling an mk1 on modulargrid. Worth getting that or waiting for the mk2? I've heard the mk1 sounds nastier.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:37 pm

lordymosh wrote:Been eyeing up a DA mk2 for my first set of modules but its been out of stock for a while. I saw someone is selling an mk1 on modulargrid. Worth getting that or waiting for the mk2?
In my completely biased and usually wrong opinion, DAmk1 is the best envelope in europeanrackland (million times better than DAmk2 for example). That's due to it being a wavetable envelope.
lordymosh wrote:I've heard the mk1 sounds nastier.
I assume by "nastier" you mean "beautifully unique" or various other hyperbolic forms of praise.
Yes, it is.

I believe Analog Haven has a few mk I's in stock.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 pm

mt3 wrote:
lordymosh wrote:Been eyeing up a DA mk2 for my first set of modules but its been out of stock for a while. I saw someone is selling an mk1 on modulargrid. Worth getting that or waiting for the mk2?
In my completely biased and usually wrong opinion, DAmk1 is the best envelope in europeanrackland (million times better than DAmk2 for example). That's due to it being a wavetable envelope.
I assume by "nastier" you mean "beautifully unique" or various other hyperbolic forms of praise.
Yes, it is.

Thanks for the heads up! Yes I meant nasty in a good way. A wavetable based envelope sounds really intriguing.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sun May 20, 2018 7:27 pm

I recently found a way to use the envelope as a note sequencer in combo with a sample and hold.
And Scott confirmed me that the DAMKII will have an expander with lots of features including the wavetable :banana: :yay:

lordymosh wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Yes, it is.

Thanks for the heads up! Yes I meant nasty in a good way. A wavetable based envelope sounds really intriguing.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 am

robotopsy wrote:I recently found a way to use the envelope as a note sequencer in combo with a sample and hold.
And Scott confirmed me that the DAMKII will have an expander with lots of features including the wavetable :banana: :yay:
Oh nice, I thought the expander wasn't happening. Might be worth the wait. :hyper:

digitalohm
Common Wiggler

Post by digitalohm » Mon May 21, 2018 4:56 pm

robotopsy wrote: And Scott confirmed me that the DAMKII will have an expander with lots of features including the wavetable :banana: :yay:
need

:cgs:

Return to “The Harvestman”