Double Andore Mk2

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

Godphaser
Common Wiggler

Post by Godphaser » Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 pm

mt3 wrote:
lordymosh wrote:Been eyeing up a DA mk2 for my first set of modules but its been out of stock for a while. I saw someone is selling an mk1 on modulargrid. Worth getting that or waiting for the mk2?
In my completely biased and usually wrong opinion, DAmk1 is the best envelope in europeanrackland (million times better than DAmk2 for example). That's due to it being a wavetable envelope.
lordymosh wrote:I've heard the mk1 sounds nastier.
I assume by "nastier" you mean "beautifully unique" or various other hyperbolic forms of praise.
Yes, it is.

I believe Analog Haven has a few mk I's in stock.
Nice! I might just get a mkI as the II is not available.
robotopsy wrote:And Scott confirmed me that the DAMKII will have an expander with lots of features including the wavetable
Oh...

So I guess I'll wait.

Thanks Muff Wigglers! :deadbanana:

guestt

Post by guestt » Wed May 23, 2018 9:29 am

robotopsy wrote:I recently found a way to use the envelope as a note sequencer in combo with a sample and hold.
And Scott confirmed me that the DAMKII will have an expander with lots of features including the wavetable :banana: :yay:
w00t!

Along with the firmware update, this is fantastic news :banana:

Also looking forward to hearing about how you use this as a sequencer - most intriguing!

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Thu May 24, 2018 1:59 am

I'm planning on shooting some Short quick tips ( well... will try to stay short )
and will show how I use some wave table as a sequencing source.
The Double andore V.1 is really handy for this with the freeze feature :yay:

Baddcr wrote:
robotopsy wrote:I recently found a way to use the envelope as a note sequencer in combo with a sample and hold.
And Scott confirmed me that the DAMKII will have an expander with lots of features including the wavetable :banana: :yay:
w00t!

Along with the firmware update, this is fantastic news :banana:

Also looking forward to hearing about how you use this as a sequencer - most intriguing!

Robscorch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Robscorch » Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 am

:santacruz:

NOW I need a second one and you making me want a MKI so bad. Damn your videos Robotopsy exposing my needs.

dysonant
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dysonant » Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 am

So I have a difficult question because I have not done anything scientific to prove my observations. Does anyone feel like the envelopes on the DA MKII are not so fast and snappy? I mean I have tried every mode even the RC curve does not feel as snappy as Maths. I am not looking to compare these modules or disparage the DA MKII, I just want to know if I am alone in this feeling and observation?

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sun May 27, 2018 9:51 am

I encounter the same thing with my DAMKII. The DA v1 was a lot more snappy. The Quadra ( intellijel is even more snappy and snappier than the MATHS )

One nice trick with the DAMKII
send a to the trig input of the envelope but remove the envelope's amount on the VCA section and send the clock out to the CV in of the VCA. You can even get double clics if you change the EOA & EOD out. It's a bit more snappier than the envelope. And you can have different configurations with the CV in attenuverter and the envelope's attenuverter. some interesting clicks and cancelations.

The expander's wavetable should brings some snappy shapes. :yay:

dysonant wrote:So I have a difficult question because I have not done anything scientific to prove my observations. Does anyone feel like the envelopes on the DA MKII are not so fast and snappy? I mean I have tried every mode even the RC curve does not feel as snappy as Maths. I am not looking to compare these modules or disparage the DA MKII, I just want to know if I am alone in this feeling and observation?

dysonant
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dysonant » Sun May 27, 2018 11:17 am

robotopsy wrote:I encounter the same thing with my DAMKII. The DA v1 was a lot more snappy. The Quadra ( intellijel is even more snappy and snappier than the MATHS )

One nice trick with the DAMKII
send a to the trig input of the envelope but remove the envelope's amount on the VCA section and send the clock out to the CV in of the VCA. You can even get double clics if you change the EOA & EOD out. It's a bit more snappier than the envelope. And you can have different configurations with the CV in attenuverter and the envelope's attenuverter. some interesting clicks and cancelations.

The expander's wavetable should brings some snappy shapes. :yay:
Thanks, I feel less crazy now. I've actually been using my quadra recently for snappiness.

That is cool tip, gonna try it.

dysonant wrote:So I have a difficult question because I have not done anything scientific to prove my observations. Does anyone feel like the envelopes on the DA MKII are not so fast and snappy? I mean I have tried every mode even the RC curve does not feel as snappy as Maths. I am not looking to compare these modules or disparage the DA MKII, I just want to know if I am alone in this feeling and observation?
Last edited by dysonant on Sun May 27, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:34 am

Yes, I found Function faster than DAmkII as well, but that hasn't been an issue since we've assumed the "snappiness" would return with the mythical DAmkII Expander. The DAmkI is quite fast, though I haven't compared with Quadra.

Apparently the "world's fastest envelope" is/was the System X ADSR? Can anyone confirm? A/B tests?

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 am

Does anybody know if/when a restock of these beauties is planned ? I really wanna ad one to my rack but it doesn't seem in stock anywhere, Schneiders even lists it as discontinued.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 am

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:Does anybody know if/when a restock of these beauties is planned ? I really wanna ad one to my rack but it doesn't seem in stock anywhere, Schneiders even lists it as discontinued.
Anyone ?

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:47 pm

In my setup, the snapiest envelope is the quadra or I just send straight the trig to the ''Gate to Trigger of my '' MR.Blue of blue lantern module.... to the VCA it cant be snapier than the snapiest trig... but no control over the decay .... who cares we need snaps !!!! :oops:
mt3 wrote:Yes, I found Function faster than DAmkII as well, but that hasn't been an issue since we've assumed the "snappiness" would return with the mythical DAmkII Expander. The DAmkI is quite fast, though I haven't compared with Quadra.

Apparently the "world's fastest envelope" is/was the System X ADSR? Can anyone confirm? A/B tests?

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:54 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:Does anybody know if/when a restock of these beauties is planned ? I really wanna ad one to my rack but it doesn't seem in stock anywhere, Schneiders even lists it as discontinued.
Anyone ?
Analogue Haven has them in stock:
http://analoguehaven.com/theharvestman/model2017markii

PietroC
Common Wiggler

Double Andore

Post by PietroC » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Just Received Double Andore MK2

Godamn That is the most musical EG / VCA I've ever played in my life
Pure Magic

The Malgorithm MK2 on its way soon

:nuke:

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Double Andore

Post by xthrasherx » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:02 am

PietroC wrote:Just Received Double Andore MK2

Pure Magic

Malogrithm mk2 is a lot of fun. I keep thinking about a DA mk2 to go along with my mk1... maybe one day :hihi:
"While we scream and perish, History licks a finger and turns the page.”
― Thomas Ligotti

Instagram::YouTube::SoundCloud

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Double Andore

Post by robotopsy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:09 pm

My best EG/VCA too
the cross modulation between VCAs is amazing

PietroC wrote:Just Received Double Andore MK2

Pure Magic

iheartmodular
Common Wiggler

Post by iheartmodular » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:50 pm

is the expander available?

PietroC
Common Wiggler

Post by PietroC » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:59 pm

I've been drooling since i got it

The Rhythms that come out of this creation is incredible
it trully unbelievable it creates Rhytmic Counterpoints from your initial melody in many ways

Just being able too manipulate the VCA Drone as the track Plays is insane
Then there's Cross Modulation :ripbanana:
Fucking Nuts

Malgorithm MK 2 On Its way
Lider Suboctave / King Slender Soon

Cheers

I just ordered mine from Analog Haven
Less than a week and it was here
Excellent Service and Product as described

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:18 pm

I personally think the lider suboctave does not bring a lot to your patch. I'm not using it that much. A CV input for wet/dry would have been great.
The King Slender is amazing: SLEW - VCA - ENVELOPE - Waveshaping - Mixer :bananaguitar:

PietroC wrote:I've been drooling since i got it

The Rhythms that come out of this creation is incredible
it trully unbelievable it creates Rhytmic Counterpoints from your initial melody in many ways

Just being able too manipulate the VCA Drone as the track Plays is insane
Then there's Cross Modulation :ripbanana:
Fucking Nuts

Malgorithm MK 2 On Its way
Lider Suboctave / King Slender Soon

Cheers

I just ordered mine from Analog Haven
Less than a week and it was here
Excellent Service and Product as described

PietroC
Common Wiggler

Post by PietroC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:49 pm

[quote="robotopsy"]I personally think the lider suboctave does not bring a lot to your patch. I'm not using it that much. A CV input for wet/dry would have been great.
The King Slender is amazing: SLEW - VCA - ENVELOPE Waveshaping - Mixer :bananaguitar:

I Got both finally and they sounds amazing
Up to now i just have does three modules from Harvestman
They add so much to the sound with they are own character
Truly equally beautiful and / or nasty pieces to add.
And their not even sound source :yay:

PietroC
Common Wiggler

Post by PietroC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:20 pm

About DAMK2 envelope not being snappy
If you press the Destination and mode buttons
And put it in Slew mode plus the Expo attenuator half way positive and the destination Attenuator to half positive ( anymore will pop my speakers )
I don't think it can get any snappier thank this
So this myth about DAMK2 not being snappy maybe a bit experimentation will get you there :despair:

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:09 am

PietroC wrote:About DAMK2 envelope not being snappy
If you press the Destination and mode buttons
And put it in Slew mode plus the Expo attenuator half way positive and the destination Attenuator to half positive ( anymore will pop my speakers )
I don't think it can get any snappier thank this
So this myth about DAMK2 not being snappy maybe a bit experimentation will get you there :despair:
I made a few vids demonstrating this (not exactly the best sonic examples, but effective):

synonymist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synonymist » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:01 pm

Last edited by synonymist on Sat May 23, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 am

Totally approve The DAMKII can be snappy
but not as much as the MATHS.
And I did compare all my ENV generator
and the Quadra is the snappier of all I v got.
With the cross modulations between VCAs....
the DA is musically more preferable for me.
:hmm:
synonymist wrote:This week I bought a gently used Double Andore Mark II. It's great. :)

The question of snappiness aside (which I think may have to do with exponential envelope curves, in comparison to Maths), immediately I found DA2 to be likeable and musical in use. There's just something about it. The tonne of inputs and outputs make it a module that wants to be tied into many aspects of a complex patch. Maybe that's the key. I only know that so far DA2 feels really good to play.

Not an obvious example, perhaps, but here is the first music I made with my DA2. It also features PH2 and HD3. Session notes are at the track's webpage:

https://soundcloud.com/synonymist/alone-at-last

b9
Common Wiggler

Post by b9 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:23 am

I finally got some time to integrate this beast into my rig. It has replaced maths as my central envelope and dynamics control. The way this thing shapes, frames, and distorts notes and percussion is THE sound that I didn't know I was looking for. :sb:

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Try using another CV source to the VCA input and the cross modulation on this module is amazing.

I like so much the cross modulation that I may start a petition to have Scott releasing a 4 VCA matrix based on cross modulation !!!!!!

b9 wrote:I finally got some time to integrate this beast into my rig. It has replaced maths as my central envelope and dynamics control. The way this thing shapes, frames, and distorts notes and percussion is THE sound that I didn't know I was looking for. :sb:

Return to “The Harvestman”