Kermit

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

Post Reply
guestt

Post by guestt » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:02 am

Yeah that looks a beast mt3 :D

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:16 pm

kermit & tides sketch

no sequencing midi or quantizing, pure modular sketch :guinness:

https://soundcloud.com/ulverine1/tek
Last edited by deltaAquarii on Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2889
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: vancity
Contact:

Post by mt3 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:40 pm

deltaAquarii wrote:kermit & tides sketch

no sequencing midi or quantizing, pure modular sketch :guinness:

https://soundcloud.com/user-335568301/tek
Damn. I take it Tides is everything I imagined it would be for slowdrones.
Are you CV mixing the Kermit and Tides?

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:15 am

hey man, i'm not quite sure what exactly you mean by cv mixing both,
but they influenced each other in quite some spots, and went through the ma35 mixer and filter.

User avatar
mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2889
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: vancity
Contact:

Post by mt3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:39 pm

deltaAquarii wrote:hey man, i'm not quite sure what exactly you mean by cv mixing both,
but they influenced each other in quite some spots, and went through the ma35 mixer and filter.
Pretty much that.
:sb:

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:41 am

simple question, how do you remove knobs on harvestman modules (as the pots are not mounted to the panel) tried removing one knob, putting some pressure, and all the pcb stuff behind already bended... :hmm:

User avatar
Happiness Forever
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:20 am
Location: Burien School of Elektronikosmiche
Contact:

Post by Happiness Forever » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm

took possession today, only got 5mins on it so far but it was Love just the same. Really looking forward to more wiggling with this little beast.
_________________

!MONDO ANTHEM!
Live Large, Live Often.
www.WillRage.org

________________

User avatar
Slomen
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Norway

Post by Slomen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 am

Just got it myself, love it!

User avatar
Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 am
Location: Toronto Canada

Post by Infinity Curve » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am

deltaAquarii wrote:simple question, how do you remove knobs on harvestman modules (as the pots are not mounted to the panel) tried removing one knob, putting some pressure, and all the pcb stuff behind already bended... :hmm:
Use something thin and flat like a butter knife - slide it underneath the edge of the knob and carefully lever it up, once it moves up the shaft a little you should be able to grasp it with your fingers and pull it off. It can take a bit of force, so take your time and be careful. Some pop off easier than others

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 am

thx infinity curve

the process itself is clear to me, i was just worried to break sth, as pots are not bolted to the panel, and in my initial test, the pcb and stuff behind the panel already bended, but the knob didnt move.... guess i just leave the havestmans as they are.


-

still think kermit should get a fine tune mode, like someone suggested earlier, pressing the audio/tap/lfo button til it flashes to enter fine tune or sth like that....would be really really nice to have...

User avatar
Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 am
Location: Toronto Canada

Post by Infinity Curve » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 am

Id like to see an expanded Kermit mkII at like 14 or 16 HP with full access to all functions at once, so you can AM, FM and wave morph at the same time. I would buy at least 2 of them :tu:

User avatar
mousegarden
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 9795
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:53 am

Post by mousegarden » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

deltaAquarii wrote:kermit & tides sketch

no sequencing midi or quantizing, pure modular sketch :guinness:

https://soundcloud.com/user-335568301/tek
Fabulouse......

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 am

thx alot @mousegarden !

User avatar
sackley
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 700
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 am
Location: Somewhere in the Connecticut woods...
Contact:

Post by sackley » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:02 am

Infinity Curve wrote:Id like to see an expanded Kermit mkII at like 14 or 16 HP with full access to all functions at once, so you can AM, FM and wave morph at the same time. I would buy at least 2 of them :tu:
That would be amazing. Add in the "one shot" mode someone mentioned and it would be a killer little module.

User avatar
Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 am
Location: Toronto Canada

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:27 am

For people concerned with tuning Kermit, I've found it easier to just get it as close to whatever pitch I want and then tune my other oscillators to Kermit. Much easier this way, as my other oscillators have fine tune knobs. I'm generally not concerned with perfect pitch or tuning to a specific note, I just tune things by ear to each other, so ymmv if things must be bang on tuned to specific notes.

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 am

kermit & tides as only soundsources, cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/ulverine1/flume

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by deltaAquarii » Sun May 07, 2017 1:21 pm

another night with kermit (plus two 110-2's & clouds)
https://soundcloud.com/ulverine1/grounds

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Post by starthief » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Does anyone else have this issue? It's bizarre, and I think it might be a symptom of an otherwise seemingly benign power issue. (I'm at 608mA on my -12V rail, on a uZeus that's supposed to only provide 500.)

On the B channel, unless I have its wave knob set really low, the A channel interferes. And not at the frequency coming out of A's outputs, but some higher multiple.

It does it even with the B mod attenuverter to center, and the A level to 0. In fact, if I turn those things up, if level is the mod destination, I can hear the normal frequency of A, plus the weird higher frequency signal.

I don't have that going the other direction -- channel A is as clean as Kermit gets :hihi:

User avatar
mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2889
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: vancity
Contact:

Post by mt3 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm

starthief wrote:Does anyone else have this issue? It's bizarre, and I think it might be a symptom of an otherwise seemingly benign power issue. (I'm at 608mA on my -12V rail, on a uZeus that's supposed to only provide 500.)

On the B channel, unless I have its wave knob set really low, the A channel interferes. And not at the frequency coming out of A's outputs, but some higher multiple.

It does it even with the B mod attenuverter to center, and the A level to 0. In fact, if I turn those things up, if level is the mod destination, I can hear the normal frequency of A, plus the weird higher frequency signal.

I don't have that going the other direction -- channel A is as clean as Kermit gets :hihi:
Try disconnecting a few of the other heavy load modules to see if the problem goes away and isolate if it's a lack of power going on.

User avatar
particlesintowaves
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by particlesintowaves » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 am

I have a stupid question. Does it matter which output you use if the section is in oscillator mode?

User avatar
mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2889
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: vancity
Contact:

Post by mt3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm

particlesintowaves wrote:I have a stupid question. Does it matter which output you use if the section is in oscillator mode?
Hmmm, can you elaborate?
Do you want to use the 0-5V output as an audio source?

User avatar
particlesintowaves
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by particlesintowaves » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

mt3 wrote:
particlesintowaves wrote:I have a stupid question. Does it matter which output you use if the section is in oscillator mode?
Hmmm, can you elaborate?
Do you want to use the 0-5V output as an audio source?
there are two outputs on each oscillator, the 0-5V and 10VPP. If I am using the oscillator as a VCO and not an LFO, which of the two is best for this?

User avatar
mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2889
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: vancity
Contact:

Post by mt3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 pm

particlesintowaves wrote:
mt3 wrote:
particlesintowaves wrote:I have a stupid question. Does it matter which output you use if the section is in oscillator mode?
Hmmm, can you elaborate?
Do you want to use the 0-5V output as an audio source?
there are two outputs on each oscillator, the 0-5V and 10VPP. If I am using the oscillator as a VCO and not an LFO, which of the two is best for this?
The 10 Vpp is the audio output. The 0-5V is an envelope output. Safest on your speakers to use the audio output.

User avatar
particlesintowaves
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by particlesintowaves » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 pm

mt3 wrote:
particlesintowaves wrote:
mt3 wrote:
particlesintowaves wrote:I have a stupid question. Does it matter which output you use if the section is in oscillator mode?
Hmmm, can you elaborate?
Do you want to use the 0-5V output as an audio source?
there are two outputs on each oscillator, the 0-5V and 10VPP. If I am using the oscillator as a VCO and not an LFO, which of the two is best for this?
The 10 Vpp is the audio output. The 0-5V is an envelope output. Safest on your speakers to use the audio output.
Envelope output? Not sure what you mean since it's an LFO/Oscillator. Does this thing have some kind of one-shot mode?

User avatar
mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2889
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:18 pm
Location: vancity
Contact:

Post by mt3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 am

particlesintowaves wrote:
mt3 wrote:
particlesintowaves wrote:
mt3 wrote:
particlesintowaves wrote:I have a stupid question. Does it matter which output you use if the section is in oscillator mode?
Hmmm, can you elaborate?
Do you want to use the 0-5V output as an audio source?
there are two outputs on each oscillator, the 0-5V and 10VPP. If I am using the oscillator as a VCO and not an LFO, which of the two is best for this?
The 10 Vpp is the audio output. The 0-5V is an envelope output. Safest on your speakers to use the audio output.
Envelope output? Not sure what you mean since it's an LFO/Oscillator. Does this thing have some kind of one-shot mode?
[video][/video]

By "envelope output" I mean unipolar (0-5V), whereas the 10 Vpp is bipolar. For example, you could freely plug an Envelope Genrator module's output into an audio input if it were cycling at audio rates.

No one-shot mode.

Post Reply

Return to “The Harvestman”