tyme sefari mk2 firmware update?

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

guestt

Post by guestt » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:14 am

I'm wondering what the update would entail, I mean, I am delighted with the Tyme Sefari mk][ it's the total antithesis to the ER-301 and an absolutely glorious match with the Radio Music Thing - endless fun!

adamon
Common Wiggler

Post by adamon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Baddcr wrote:I'm wondering what the update would entail, I mean, I am delighted with the Tyme Sefari mk][ it's the total antithesis to the ER-301 and an absolutely glorious match with the Radio Music Thing - endless fun!
The most mentioned features to date have been increased slider resolution and scaling of the pitch cv (1v/oct). Having so much time pass since these were first mentioned though makes me wonder if there'd be a few other surprises in the tsefaris future... :hmm: :hail:

Also couldn't agree more on the pairing with the radio music (just make sure zorlon gets in on the action sometimes too :tu: :sb: )

guestt

Post by guestt » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:56 am

Anyone got any videos or hints / tips about hooking the ZC up to the TS, I can get so far, but feel I am not making the most of it and would love a knowledge boost :)

hyena
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hyena » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:11 am

Baddcr wrote:Anyone got any videos or hints / tips about hooking the ZC up to the TS, I can get so far, but feel I am not making the most of it and would love a knowledge boost :)
an idea:
clocked random gates into rec, play, dir AND loop.

mix out into sliders position, or sampling frequency.
i often use it on an aux send sendin it my drums\percussions for some very nasty pseudo random fills...

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:36 am

hyena wrote:
Baddcr wrote:Anyone got any videos or hints / tips about hooking the ZC up to the TS, I can get so far, but feel I am not making the most of it and would love a knowledge boost :)
an idea:
clocked random gates into rec, play, dir AND loop.

mix out into sliders position, or sampling frequency.
i often use it on an aux send sendin it my drums\percussions for some very nasty pseudo random fills...
Those mix outs are good stuff in general. Highly recommend Qotile Ultimatum as another mix out from which you grab a mult'd set of the individual gate outs.
:nana:

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm

One obvious-in-hindsight things is to patch a division of the tempo master clock into the Zorlon's CLK INPUT.
An RCD with varying tempos is great.

Also toggle between Red/Orange/Green clock edge detection for some variations according to taste.

guestt

Post by guestt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone :D

Got some ideas now - thank you!!

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:20 pm

It was mention a new firmware is being worked on. Not an update, but a rewrite.

dysonant
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dysonant » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:46 pm

mt3 wrote:It was mention a new firmware is being worked on. Not an update, but a rewrite.

I am certainly eager and curious for this

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Just snagged a Tyme Sefari mk II. I owned one several years ago. Was sad to see it go but I needed the space. I'm glad to be getting it back. I saw that post from the Governor. I'm interested to see changes will be implemented. Updating my Piston Honda was pretty easy. Malgorithm not so much, I think I'm going to have to send it in to get it updated. Hope the TS will be an easy update, if said new firmware comes to fruition.

adamon
Common Wiggler

Post by adamon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:35 am

:sb: any news is hella kewl newz at this point!! :hyper: :nana:

Mirrorad
Common Wiggler

Post by Mirrorad » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 pm

adamon wrote:
Baddcr wrote:Oh... Is this actually a possibility?
He's made several mentions of it the past few (ok maybe more than a few now... :hyper: :bang: ) years. Most recently mentioned in this: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=186850

Waiting as patiently as possible :despair: :hail:
c0rpse wrote:I love samplers. My sound source is generally modular, but a sampler is essential to the final outcome. The Tyme Sefari Mk2 was my first. Its beautiful and ergonomic. A true inspiration for module design. It also drives me crazy. I need an insane sequencer to make it sing. I think about selling it, but the layout/design is so inspiring. Every time I think about selling it, I think about the possibility of an update. Please do not update the TS Mk2, so I can keep it forever.

I'm also on the fence about selling my TS. It was my first module. But I've since expanded, and it has lost its spot in my rack to a Roland AIRA Scooper.

If an exciting update is on the horizon, I would consider hanging on to it.

squarewavesurfer
Common Wiggler

Post by squarewavesurfer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Any news on this? It seems like the update stays on the backburner. I'm excited to see what the govener has in mind for the complete rewrite since it is an excellent module as is. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

guestt

Post by guestt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Also interested!

:tu:

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Yes, we wait like waiters...
:banana:

guestt

Post by guestt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm

I love it as is... it's such a weird module that always delivers!

I can't imagine what the update will do!

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:57 am

[video][/video]

As mentioned in the video, new Tyme Sefari firmware expected in the summer when a new batch of Sefaris are made.
Think of it as a pseudo Tyme Sefari mk III.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm

:bang: :yay: :hail: :tu: :banana: :nana: :bananaguitar:

mt3 wrote:[video][/video]

As mentioned in the video, new Tyme Sefari firmware expected in the summer when a new batch of Sefaris are made.
Think of it as a pseudo Tyme Sefari mk III.

sackley
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sackley » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:06 pm

mt3 wrote:Think of it as a pseudo Tyme Sefari mk III.
:woah: :party: :miley: :miley: :miley:

Already an awesome module. Absolutely has some kind of magic built in. 1 v/oct at the rate cv in would be amazing.

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by monoscan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am

Would like to update my TSMK2 soon!

Can mk3 modules just include micro SD to do these updates easier? I’m still on 1.66 on my SH2

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Strangely I got 2 Malgorythm MKII and one of them I just cant update it. Still I'm happy to have it that way and compare the slith differences :nana:
Sinamsis wrote:Just snagged a Tyme Sefari mk II. I owned one several years ago. Was sad to see it go but I needed the space. I'm glad to be getting it back. I saw that post from the Governor. I'm interested to see changes will be implemented. Updating my Piston Honda was pretty easy. Malgorithm not so much, I think I'm going to have to send it in to get it updated. Hope the TS will be an easy update, if said new firmware comes to fruition.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:48 am

robotopsy wrote:Strangely I got 2 Malgorythm MKII and one of them I just cant update it. Still I'm happy to have it that way and compare the slith differences :nana:
Sinamsis wrote:Just snagged a Tyme Sefari mk II. I owned one several years ago. Was sad to see it go but I needed the space. I'm glad to be getting it back. I saw that post from the Governor. I'm interested to see changes will be implemented. Updating my Piston Honda was pretty easy. Malgorithm not so much, I think I'm going to have to send it in to get it updated. Hope the TS will be an easy update, if said new firmware comes to fruition.

Ha yeah, I gave up and just use it as is.... but eventually i'll hit up Scott and see if he can update it for me.

dysonant
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dysonant » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am

It took me a few tries but I got the Malgorithm updated. I wis I could share what I did, but honestly I am not sure. Persistence helped.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:28 am

I just want to wait for the Malgorythm MK3 with the morphing presets :yay:

dysonant wrote:It took me a few tries but I got the Malgorithm updated. I wis I could share what I did, but honestly I am not sure. Persistence helped.

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:31 am

monoscan wrote:Can mk3 modules just include micro SD to do these updates easier? I’m still on 1.66 on my SH2
You really owe it to yourself to get a Pickit 3 and do this, it's a lot easier than you think. And the updates to the SH2 are ENORMOUS!

Return to “The Harvestman”