Stilson Hammer mkII = performance sequencer!

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

soundslikejoe
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soundslikejoe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:09 am

laneo wrote:It would be great if after resetting it would remember the last sequence I was working on, but I can live with going back to sequence 1 every time (some modules behave like this). But having to choose external clock + run every time I turn on the modular seems odd (none of my modules act like this). I guess that if no one is asking about this, it would be a matter of time until I get used to set this up every time.
soundslikejoe wrote:It's best to attempt to time the save button push so that you press it just before the downbeat, or right at the last step. If you time it right, it can save and still hit the downbeat in sync.
I have other sequencers, and non modular drum machines, samplers, etc, running in sync at the same time. If the time gets shifted then I loose sync. Or maybe I´m not understanding your workaround?
soundslikejoe wrote:If it gets off sync, you can stop/restart the master clock... or you can manually hit reset to force it back on the downbeat. I've also used beat 1 gates to keep the SHmkii forced to always hit the 1. Just depends on what it's doing in the patch....
Manually stop/restart is not accurate enough for me. Buying a ERM Multiclock to get everything in perfect sync and manually starting a sequencer are not really compatible :)

Thanks for taking the time to help on this.

Sorry I wasn't clear.... I wasn't talking about starting the sequencer. I was talking about resetting a sequence that was running.

I had ERM MC for a while... worked well. But if you're jamming and need to save sequences on SHmkii, while the sequence is running, then "timing your saves" or hitting the reset button can help keep SHmkii in sync with everything else.

gringostar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gringostar » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:25 am

Probably a dumb question but does step repeat add steps to the sequence or does it keep track of the number of repeats and then jump to the next step in the sequence.

Basically, if I have a 16 step sequence and on step 5 have 3 step repeats, does my sequence now effectively have 19 steps or does it jump to step 9 once it’s done repeating? The couple videos I’ve watched that have this feature tend to gloss over this part and the manual doesn’t specify.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:02 am

If you have a 16 step sequence and on step 5 have 3 step repeats, your sequence now effectively have 19 steps. :party:

I like to use this function to include long silence between gates. As I add some repetition to steps with no gates or trigs.
I do wish there could be more than 8 step repetition.
And do wish we could get a clock divider on the main clock out
And...... :oops:

gringostar wrote:Probably a dumb question but does step repeat add steps to the sequence or does it keep track of the number of repeats and then jump to the next step in the sequence.

Basically, if I have a 16 step sequence and on step 5 have 3 step repeats, does my sequence now effectively have 19 steps or does it jump to step 9 once it’s done repeating? The couple videos I’ve watched that have this feature tend to gloss over this part and the manual doesn’t specify.

gringostar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gringostar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:27 pm

robotopsy wrote:If you have a 16 step sequence and on step 5 have 3 step repeats, your sequence now effectively have 19 steps. :party:

I like to use this function to include long silence between gates. As I add some repetition to steps with no gates or trigs.
I do wish there could be more than 8 step repetition.
And do wish we could get a clock divider on the main clock out
And...... :oops:

gringostar wrote:Probably a dumb question but does step repeat add steps to the sequence or does it keep track of the number of repeats and then jump to the next step in the sequence.

Thanks. I went back and studied some of the video's and noticed that your 2.01 video showed exactly this but I had to slow down playback to get the confirmation I was looking for. :goo:

Return to “The Harvestman”