Harvestpatches: June 2018-present

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Holy Trinity in Action: Piston Honda mk3, Hertz Donut mk3 and Tyme Sefari mk2 with support of LPGs, LFOs, wavefolders, function generators and sequencer.

[video][/video]

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am

i'm not sure if this will be of any interest to anyone here, but i have an LP up for pre-order (not a sales pitch, just for ease of sharing here) that features, umm, the softer side of harvestman kit?

in this first track, the only voice is kermit (manually played with a qu-nexus) where modulator A is set as an oscillator (mode = red) with its cv destination set to waveshape (orange) while modulator B is set as an lfo (mode = green) and the cv destination is also set to waveshape (orange) ...so the the lfo is used via internal normaling to change the oscillators waveshape at audio rate in varying degrees for some added grit around the use of the harmonic/sine shapes....then its all sent around the system to samplers and filters and the like.

anyway, thought someone may enjoy...

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2791453729 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

dropthedyle
Common Wiggler

Post by dropthedyle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 am

jwm wrote:anyway, thought someone may enjoy...
i do !

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

Second sound ritual with Digital Trinity (PHIII, HDIII, TSII). Feat. my Cat, Azazella.

[video][/video]

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Waiting on a Zorlon Cannon mkII to arrive early next week, but here’s another one with my almost complete (heh... ya right) “performance” system.

All sound sources except drums from Hertz Donut mkIII, Piston Honda mkII, and Piston Honda mkIII. Drums are endorphin.es blck_noir which gets some partial processing through the malgorithm mkII. Sequencing courtesy of the WMD Metron and Arpitecht, plus some cv sequencing from the Voltage block. Can’t wait to add in the Zorlon Cannon to the mix!

[video][/video]
"While we scream and perish, History licks a finger and turns the page.”
― Thomas Ligotti

Instagram::YouTube::SoundCloud

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:25 pm

temaniak & xthrasherx nice noises.

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:17 pm

Thanks mt3!

Finally "completed" my performance case which is pretty dominated by Harvestman modules (Zorlon Cannon mkII and Bionic Lester mkI arrived today!)

First patch with the new arrivals was based around the Polivoks VCF mkI cranked to self oscillation. Mix output B of the Zorlon Cannon mkII into the Resonance CV and the Zerosum Inertia Noise Sorcerer (a 5823 Thyratron based noise source) into the Frequency CV in. The Zorlon Cannon is also triggering the DA which is feeding the PH2 and PH3 to the Bionic Lester.

[video][/video]
― Thomas Ligotti

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Have to say, the Zorlon Cannon is becoming a surprising favorite in my system. Here are the two most recent jams featuring predominately harvestman modules. Still working towards building up a proper live performance and familiarizing myself with the newcomers, so these are more practice jams then fully fleshed out ideas.

Based around the Zorlon Cannon into the Bionic Lester:
[video][/video]

Building upon the same basis, all harvestman modules in my system used for this one (9 total)
[video][/video]
― Thomas Ligotti

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:06 am

xthrasherx wrote:Have to say, the Zorlon Cannon is becoming a surprising favorite in my system. Here are the two most recent jams featuring predominately harvestman modules. Still working towards building up a proper live performance and familiarizing myself with the newcomers, so these are more practice jams then fully fleshed out ideas.
How are you liking that WMD Performance Mixer?

Does that case detach so both halves of the case could be laid on their backs side by side? The lid propped up might be awkward for making adjustments and twiddling.

Try these sXe party tricks:
* selfpatch the Bionic Lester for one module mayhem. Crosspatching channels A and B is the holy start and end point
* Hertz Donut's Square Out into Zorlon Ch B (bipolar disorder) ExtClkInB for pseudo-frequency divided subharmonic (de)generation from each of the individual Ch B Outs. Mix to (dis)taste.

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:01 am

mt3 wrote: How are you liking that WMD Performance Mixer?

Does that case detach so both halves of the case could be laid on their backs side by side? The lid propped up might be awkward for making adjustments and twiddling.

* selfpatch the Bionic Lester for one module mayhem. Crosspatching channels A and B is the holy start and end point
* Hertz Donut's Square Out into Zorlon Ch B (bipolar disorder) ExtClkInB for pseudo-frequency divided subharmonic (de)generation from each of the individual Ch B Outs. Mix to (dis)taste.
I really enjoy the WMD Performance Mixer. There are things that I miss from having a normal mixer (ability to eq each individual voice, additional routing options), but this works with my workflow so much more than a normal desktop mixer did. I do have a custom cv controlled 8x8 matrix mixer coming my way sooner or later which will at least address the routing issues. The lack of eq gives me more excuses to run fun filters :banana:

The case does split. I have it set up this way due to space / layout constraints in my studio. Also the depth difference between the top and bottom halves would bother me slightly side by side I think. Always worth messing around with though.

I'll definitely try out those tips. The "colour out of space" patch was largely created with the Zorlon Cannon mix output into the Bionic Lester channel B bandpass which was fed into the channel A input. I also had the Piston Honda mkII patched up based on one of your recommendations I found the forum. Internal output was fed into the external input with gain and morph discontinuity dialed in to taste.
― Thomas Ligotti

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:47 pm

xthrasherx wrote:
mt3 wrote: How are you liking that WMD Performance Mixer?

I really enjoy the WMD Performance Mixer. There are things that I miss from having a normal mixer (ability to eq each individual voice, additional routing options), but this works with my workflow so much more than a normal desktop mixer did. I do have a custom cv controlled 8x8 matrix mixer coming my way sooner or later which will at least address the routing issues. The lack of eq gives me more excuses to run fun filters :banana:

The case does split. I have it set up this way due to space / layout constraints in my studio. Also the depth difference between the top and bottom halves would bother me slightly side by side I think. Always worth messing around with though.

I'll definitely try out those tips. The "colour out of space" patch was largely created with the Zorlon Cannon mix output into the Bionic Lester channel B bandpass which was fed into the channel A input. I also had the Piston Honda mkII patched up based on one of your recommendations I found the forum. Internal output was fed into the external input with gain and morph discontinuity dialed in to taste.
:tu:

Oh, I forgot. Since you have the the WMD Performance Mutes Expander, send Zorlon ch A gates to the Performance Mutes.
:party:

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Simple patch, melodic vibes.

[video][/video]

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:23 am

My "Against the Clock" variation. HDmk3 is here!

[video][/video]

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Recently acquired a Tyme Sefari mkI w/ ASOT expansion, so here's the newest patches based around exploring this demented beauty.

Tyme Sefari + Zorlon Cannon + Bionic Lester Drone:
[video][/video]

Tyme Sefari processing a spoken word track and a semi-improvised jam along with it (plus my poor attempt at editing visuals into the footage)
[video][/video]
― Thomas Ligotti

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:12 pm

[video][/video]

Noise Engineering through the Polivoks VCF.

https://www.noiseengineering.us/blog/20 ... tive-voice

Voggg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voggg » Mon May 06, 2019 11:33 am

somehow I missed this thread until now. Lots of good stuff!

Voggg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voggg » Mon May 06, 2019 11:38 am

temaniak wrote:Second sound ritual with Digital Trinity (PHIII, HDIII, TSII). Feat. my Cat, Azazella.

[video][/video]
Are the horn tones from HD3? Sounds great.

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Fri May 10, 2019 7:01 am

Voggg
Yep! "Horns" from HDIII. But i forget, how i make it ))

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 am

Here is new track with PH3, HD3 & TS2 as sound sources. Sequenced by Squarp Hermod + Malekko Voltage Block. Other modules: Make Noise optomix, MI Streams (DIY), S3n0Я Serge Generator, Befaco Rampage, Xaoc Praga, Dervish FV-1.

https://soundcloud.com/temnojar-nevrope ... rd-is-near

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am

[video][/video]

Blush Response at Schneiders.

Employs:
Piston Honda mk III
Malgorithm

Discussion of energetic in-the-red setup at 21:45.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:33 pm

[video][/video]

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:46 am

[video][/video]

String sounds from Plaits.

Pads: PH 3 > BL 3
Sequence: HD 3
Scratches: TS 2 > VCFQ > BL 3
Sequencer: SH 2 & Voltage Block

...And other modules for modulation, mixing, FX.

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Harvestpatches: June 2018-present

Post by Sinamsis » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:23 pm

Overly indulgent patch with HD mk III, BL mk III, Kermit mk III and Strymon Magneto.

Return to “The Harvestman”