Favourite modules?

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

yaongi~
Learning to Wiggle

Favourite modules?

Post by yaongi~ » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:41 pm

A few months ago I woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. I lay in bed restless until I started watching youtube on my tablet.

Somehow I ended up watching this weird entertainnoying tutorial on a video game character by some robot called Robotopsy. It must have been during that experience, that somehow, out of my tablet, through my headphones, into my ear a robot worm crawled and nestled inside my brain. And since then, every day, I think about that video and those strange sounds.

And so now I'm here. And I wonder, out of all these orange and black modules over the years, what are your personal favourites that you enjoy more than all the others?

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:02 am

Double Andore mk I
Piston Honda mk III

gringostar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gringostar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:49 am

Double Andore mk I
Hertz Donut mk III
Kermit mk1

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:47 am

piston honda mk1
kermit

a bit late to the party on this, but recently snagged a bionic lester mk1 and starting to think that filter was designed and built just for me.

:harvestman:

sackley
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sackley » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 am

All of the orange. They will infect your psyche, and you will watch them taunt existence itself from their preordained transcendence.

gringostar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gringostar » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:06 pm

jwm wrote:piston honda mk1
kermit

a bit late to the party on this, but recently snagged a bionic lester mk1 and starting to think that filter was designed and built just for me.

:harvestman:
Bionic Lester mk1 is fantastic, however if you want some serious fun check out the rk6. Having both I'm set for filters aside from grabbing the ones in the Andore Jr when it eventually comes out.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Favourite modules?

Post by robotopsy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robotopsy is sorry to have contributionnized with your Insomnia.
Please commune with our agent for online support if the problem persists.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yaongi~ wrote:A few months ago I woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. I lay in bed restless until I started watching youtube on my tablet.

Somehow I ended up watching this weird entertainnoying tutorial on a video game character by some robot called Robotopsy. It must have been during that experience, that somehow, out of my tablet, through my headphones, into my ear a robot worm crawled and nestled inside my brain. And since then, every day, I think about that video and those strange sounds.

And so now I'm here. And I wonder, out of all these orange and black modules over the years, what are your personal favourites that you enjoy more than all the others?

PietroC
Common Wiggler

Post by PietroC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Kermit
Double Andore MK2
Malgorhytm MK2
King Slender
Polivoks Modulator

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/m ... 963798.jpg

Lider Suboctave is massive sounding as well but not my favorite LOL

All the Modules are a Sound Designers Dream
The possibilities they enable are endless
But just a Kermit and DAMK2 is a synth on its own actually just a Kermit
hahahahaha

Love all the ones i own

yaongi~
Learning to Wiggle

Post by yaongi~ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:11 pm

robotopsy wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robotopsy is sorry to have contributionnized with your Insomnia.
Please commune with our agent for online support if the problem persists.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haha thanks for your videos robotopsy, the robot worm in my brain tells me I'm a big fan.

Thanks for the replies everyone, really interesting to hear the favourites.

One day I'll tell you mine. Going to start with the piston honda and see where I end up.

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 pm

It's hard to chose ''A'' Favorite. Love them all for different reasons.

Double Andore MKII for its crossModulations and it is the most powerfull envelope / VCA .

The Tyme Sefari MKII is insane for glitchy drones and backgrounds atrocities !

Every generations of Harvestman ( IME ) module are unique and very different from one another that it's hard for me to chose one.

For clean melodic sound I'd prefer the HDMKII specially for chords...... that's why I got 2 combine with the Argos Bleak is really cool.
And for Lead the MKIII Donuts and Piston are really cool.

But any modules properly used can be your chosen one.
Just try to use the Double Andore v1 as a sound source or the Bionic Lester and you'll be very surprised.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chartreuse-J
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Chartreuse-J » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:59 pm

I agree, can't really play favorites with Harvestman modules, most are way different from another. It's like asking what's your favorite swiss army knife tool is.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:50 am

robotopsy wrote:Just try to use the Double Andore v1 as a sound source or the Bionic Lester and you'll be very surprised.
Truth.

Other surprises:
* Zorlon as an audiorate cannon
* Piston Honda mk II as an LFO
* Tyme Sefari mk II in PitchShift mode sending CV of 1.25V, 2.5V, 3.75V, and 5V to its Sampling Frequency

yaongi~
Learning to Wiggle

Post by yaongi~ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Chartreuse-J wrote:I agree, can't really play favorites with Harvestman modules, most are way different from another. It's like asking what's your favorite swiss army knife tool is.
I see your point but I gave it some thought and I think my personal favourite would be the little scissors. Not very useful but I liked the slight absurdity and the feel of the motion, which I still remember many years later, snicker snack snicker snack.

xthrasherx
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xthrasherx » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:03 pm

All the fun threads happen when I’m on my summer break from the studio and all things synths apparently.

Bionic Lester mk1 & Metasonix RK6 are a nasty combo. Love em together.

My favorites are probably in order:
1) Tyme Sefari mk1 w/ ASOT expander- Serious grit, hard to not go crazy with it
2) Hertz Donut mkIII- This has become my go to voice for Leads. Combined with the RK6 it is magic

My case is further descending into an almost IME exclusive system, so like others, I enjoy them all. There’s a few key ones I’m missing that I’m hunting for (Kermit, Stillson Hammer mk2) and a few that I’m not sure I need, but would be fun (Piston Honda mkI, Hertz Donut mk2, Tyme Sefari mk2...)
"While we scream and perish, History licks a finger and turns the page.”
― Thomas Ligotti

Instagram::YouTube::SoundCloud

Return to “The Harvestman”