Tyme Sefari MK I Question

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Tyme Sefari MK I Question

Post by Ras Thavas » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:28 pm

I recognize this module is rather ancient now, but I wanted to ask if anyone who has one (or ever had one) noticed a slow pitch shift "warble" to audio locked in the buffer? This is of course without any modulation to the sampling frequency.

I've recently taken possession of a MKI and I'm very happy with the sound, the glitch options (much different than VII), etc.

But the slow detuning is more problematic. Not a deal breaker, but I'm curious if they all did this or if mine has developed a small fault?

BTW, the VI glitch switches scream for gate inputs like MKII, did anyone ever hack something like that?

As someone who loves delay lines, I have to say the interface for MKI and particularly MKII Tyme Sefaris seems perfect.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:02 am

Can you post a soundclip of the warble?

Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ras Thavas » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:36 pm

mt3 wrote:Can you post a soundclip of the warble?
Sure, but this week is ultra booked, hopefully I can get to it in a few days.

Basically it's a very slow irregular warble, with just enough pitch shift to begin to get past the pleasant slightly drifting realm and into the @#$% that's out of tune territory.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:06 pm

I tried to replicate this on mine but couldn't.

The only way that I could produce something that appeared similar to what is described is if I had modulation going on in the source or the TS itself.

Return to “The Harvestman”