Kermit mk III - coming soon

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

Grava_RB
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Kermit mk III - coming soon

Post by Grava_RB » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:33 pm

Totally loving the Kermit MKIII! :sb:
Incredible rich in features and a lot of character to give to the oscillators!
In tempo envelope mode, used for vca of one of the oscillators, I'm sometimes getting pops at the end of an envelope cycle, like a very short envelope. Anyone encountered this?

Anyway, big thanks IME for the crazy kermit.

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:11 pm

YEOW what a convoluted firmware update procedure....but it worked. :yay:
*phnert*

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:34 am

Just about to update Kermit.

The update txt says: Connect your Pickit to the USB port, and connect the Pickit cable to the 6-pin header on the back of the module. Make sure “Pin 1” on the module is aligned with the triangle symbol on the Pickit.

So, which one is pin 1 on the module?

Grava_RB
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Grava_RB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Leverkusen wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:34 am

The update txt says: Connect your Pickit to the USB port, and connect the Pickit cable to the 6-pin header on the back of the module. Make sure “Pin 1” on the module is aligned with the triangle symbol on the Pickit.

Didn't European Kermits already come with the newest firmware?

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Leverkusen wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:34 am

Not a big deal. Reverse it if it isn't recognized by the software.

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=165472

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

I have to admit I did not check the firmware before trying to update. Just found an irregularity with the internal modulation that I could explain and decided to try the update...pin 1 is on top.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:37 pm

I can't seem to sync the module with external clock correctly. I'm using one of the CV outs on my analog 4 mk2 as clock. The bpm is set to 132 on the A4 yet when I plug it into the tap tempo jack on the kermit its showing 525 bpm. :hmm:

I wonder if it would be possible to set the tempo with the rotary encoder in a future firmware update.

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:39 pm

lordymosh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:37 pm
I can't seem to sync the module with external clock correctly. I'm using one of the CV outs on my analog 4 mk2 as clock. The bpm is set to 132 on the A4 yet when I plug it into the tap tempo jack on the kermit its showing 525 bpm. :hmm:

I wonder if it would be possible to set the tempo with the rotary encoder in a future firmware update.
You could try sending 1ppq from your A4? I’m guessing that you are sending 4ppq? Or conversely you could set the global clock on Kermit to /4. Go to the preset menu and scroll down.
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review: Poetic_stere0

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:23 am

Dark Barn wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:39 pm
lordymosh wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:37 pm

You could try sending 1ppq from your A4? I’m guessing that you are sending 4ppq? Or conversely you could set the global clock on Kermit to /4. Go to the preset menu and scroll down.
Yes it turned out I forgot to change the additional clock settings on the A4. :doh:

Its nearly synced correctly but for some reason the Kermit is only displaying 130.8 bpm when it should be 132 bpm. Must try some additional stuff.

Great module. Loving it so far. Although I've only used tempo synced lfos so far. Its nice being able to use presets with the new Kermit and Piston Honda.

temaniak
Common Wiggler

Post by temaniak » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:51 pm

Raw quick video with Kermit mk3 & BL mk3 as synthvoice.

1 ch: unison osc output to BL3
2 ch: env mode controls through mod.matrix amplitude of osc on 1 ch. + input to cutoff CV of BL3
3 ch: temp random mode controls through mod.matrix frequency of envelope on 2 ch. + input to resonance CV of BL3

Return to “The Harvestman”