Tyme Sefari mk. II manual

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 am

Is there a way of increasing the gain of external sound sources e.g. recordings from my phone on the Tyme Serfari or would I have to get a dedicated in module for this?

I could use one oscillator on my Piston Honda Mk3 as an external source and increase the gain that way.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:46 pm

lordymosh wrote:Is there a way of increasing the gain of external sound sources e.g. recordings from my phone on the Tyme Serfari or would I have to get a dedicated in module for this?

I could use one oscillator on my Piston Honda Mk3 as an external source and increase the gain that way.
You'll need some sort of amplifier to boost the signal from line level to modular level. There are dedicated modules for this.

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Severed head » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:03 pm

is there any way to swap the pots for the left in and out ?
to a more rugged potentiometer ?

anyone tried?
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm using the A-183-3 from Doepfer
usefull

a-183-3http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a-183-3/

mt3 wrote:
lordymosh wrote:Is there a way of increasing the gain of external sound sources e.g. recordings from my phone on the Tyme Serfari or would I have to get a dedicated in module for this?

You'll need some sort of amplifier to boost the signal from line level to modular level. There are dedicated modules for this.

vidret
Common Wiggler

Post by vidret » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:42 am

I found that the TS2 has a lot of gain by itself, but perhaps not enough.

Crank the phone and the TS2 input and use *ANY* other module to get you a bit more gain and you should be there (maths, clouds does it 100%, mults that you sum etc).

What I did with the TS2 when I didn't have any more gain was to just self-patch it and let it re-record itself twice or thrice even, but before it started distorting. worked fine for my needs. :hihi:

Return to “The Harvestman”