Polivoks Modulator

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.

Moderators: Kent, solidox, governor blacksnake

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:27 pm

I was interested in buying one but I've been told the LFO dont go really slow and not so fast too. :despair:

Flohr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Flohr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Messed with one of these for the first time yesterday at Control. Love it. I've been putting together a little minicase expansion for my microbrute. So far I have STO and Ripples. I was planning on getting ModDemix and Function but now I think I may hold off on Function and get a Modulator instead. I've been wanting a S/H and noise for the brute and this thing just looks and sounds awesome. Also only 6hp, which frees up space for me to get an Invy or some other utility.

MrNovember
Ultra Wiggler

Post by MrNovember » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Was trying to collect manuals for all of my modules earlier and could not find one for the Polivoks Modulator (the Harvestman website actually seems broken...the link to Polivoks Modulator takes you to Polivoks VCF page?)
Any one have a working link?

Apfelmann
Common Wiggler

Post by Apfelmann » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am

Anyone got one of those? im thinking about ordering but cant find to much info

i dont have any dedicated s&h module and a second noise wouldnt be bad but a third lfo...mmhhh...why not

i would appreciate some user wisdom

thanks

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:25 pm

I love mine, use it almost every patch... The true transistor white noise output is A1!

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat May 02, 2015 10:30 pm

What are the cycle times on the LFO? If you use an external clock on the S & H does the LFO still output and use its own cycle?

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Wed May 06, 2015 1:00 pm

MindMachine wrote:What are the cycle times on the LFO? If you use an external clock on the S & H does the LFO still output and use its own cycle?
Not super long - it goes up into low audio range, but yes - that is how it works.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri May 08, 2015 3:32 pm

^ Thank you for the info.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:24 pm

robotopsy wrote:I was interested in buying one but I've been told the LFO dont go really slow and not so fast too. :despair:
Accurate.
Yet it's one I use frequently.
Haven't figured out the logic in that yet though...
:harvestman:

D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

Post by D/A A/D » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 am

Probably due to the usefulness of it for the s&h...

Flohr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Flohr » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:09 am

I use mine as my master clock. Feed one the square into the QCD. Very useful to have a master tempo knob, s/h, noise etc. in one small module. I rarely use the triangle LFO though.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:14 pm

MrNovember wrote:Was trying to collect manuals for all of my modules earlier and could not find one for the Polivoks Modulator (the Harvestman website actually seems broken...the link to Polivoks Modulator takes you to Polivoks VCF page?)
Any one have a working link?
http://www.theharvestman.org/manuals/po ... manual.pdf

Avjr

Post by Avjr » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:56 am

Ah, so i got one of these today and the PCB panel is too low or the front panel is too high at the top or whatever so it doesn't fit in my rack! :russian:

This is the stupidest thing i ever encountered in euroland. Hahahaha.
The PCB hits the top of the bottom rails on my Doepfer suitcase so the front panel doesn't fit, a mess.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Avjr wrote:Ah, so i got one of these today and the PCB panel is too low or the front panel is too high at the top or whatever so it doesn't fit in my rack! :russian:

The PCB hits the top of the bottom rails on my Doepfer suitcase so the front panel doesn't fit, a mess.
Can you post a pic? I've never had mounting problems in other cases. What about mounting it in your bottom rack?

Avjr

Post by Avjr » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:15 pm

mt3 wrote:
Avjr wrote:Ah, so i got one of these today and the PCB panel is too low or the front panel is too high at the top or whatever so it doesn't fit in my rack! :russian:

Can you post a pic? I've never had mounting problems in other cases. What about mounting it in your bottom rack?
Here's a quick pic: Image

Sorry but for some reason Muffs won't upload it in the right position. Anyway, for the pic i tried to mount it more at the centre of the bottom row. Originally i tried at the extreme left of the bottom row with worst results. In this position i would might be able to mount it if i applied some extreme pressure but as i think you might see the pcb is already touching the metal of the case... From what i reckon it seems like the bottom of the front panel was cut a bit short comparing to the top of the panel.

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:15 am

Hopefully this can help you out in identifying the problem.
Make sure to contact Gov'n'r (Harvestman) if you're still not sure what the issue is.

Avjr

Post by Avjr » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:01 am

I figured it out. The pcb at the back is hitting the metal on the inside of the case wich won't let the front panel to rest completely on the bottom rail (like the module on the right does) and obviously at the top the front panel won't fit. I would have to saw the pcb and the components at the bottom or the front panel at the top to make it fit. Hehehe

I'm going through a serious streak of bad luck so when i got this i just laughed. Had to. Nothing left to do but to return it. Stuff happens.

Thanks for the input!

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:31 am

Is there any way to adjust the LFO speed on this guy to get it slower? Like is there a trimmer or something? I dig this module, but would like it more if I could get it cycling slower

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:35 am

Anybody? :despair:

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:33 pm

:despair:

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Hope there is some way of slowing this down, otherwise it's not much good for me, it's just too fast. At it's slowest setting the cycle is a couple seconds at most, so I am finding the only use I am getting out of it is using the S+H clocked from something that can go slower, and the noise output. The LFO waveforms are next to useless for me at these speeds. At full speed you can use them to FM things, but without CV over frequency, not much good there either.

Anybody?

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm

In the meantime...

[video][/video]

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Off topic perhaps, but am I the only one completely underwhelmed by the Cursus Iteritas? It sounds very 'meh' to me :despair:

mt3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mt3 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:54 am

Infinity Curve wrote:Hope there is some way of slowing this down, otherwise it's not much good for me, it's just too fast. At it's slowest setting the cycle is a couple seconds at most, so I am finding the only use I am getting out of it is using the S+H clocked from something that can go slower, and the noise output. The LFO waveforms are next to useless for me at these speeds. At full speed you can use them to FM things, but without CV over frequency, not much good there either.

Anybody?
How (un)comfortable are you with a soldering iron?

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:14 am

Depends, I assume we are talking smt here,, really depends how small and how crowded it is. Let me guess, need to change a resistor or a cap or something?

Might be game for that. Pass me the info mang

Return to “The Harvestman”