Post by a100user » Tue May 18, 2010 7:00 am

Purchased.

Love those raw tones
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

endmusik
The Wretch

Post by endmusik » Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 pm

'Allo everyone!

I'm going to be doing a more concerted announcement this evening, but I thought I'd announce it first in this thread:

I'M PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY OF TMK001 V1.01 LUDDITE EDITION POLYPHONIC WRETCH MACHINE FOR KONTAKT 3.5

After several users and potential purchasers contacted me with questions about support for Kontakt 3.5, I noticed that apparently the Totalmusik mission statement had really taken hold in the community - "Harness the future of yesterday today" isn't just marketing speak, it's a way of life for some people!

To honor those brave souls who no longer wish to follow technological advancements, who eschew progress and despise those who would thrust it upon them, we have painstakingly reprogrammed the TMK001 library to be fully compatible with Kontakt v. 3.5! This is now the sole shipping version, it is compatible with Kontakt 4 as no features used in the scripts or the library are effected by the version.

Prior purchasers have been notified via email about this exciting downgrade opportunity, future purchasers will receive this retrograde devolution automatically.

And in other news - we will also begin offering a DVD option for an additional $10 cost per order, for a total cost of $59.99 (until June 15th, after which the total DVD option cost is $74.99). As mentioned before, we looked into the feasability of delivering the content on Wax Cylinder, unfortunately the sheer volume of Cylinders we would require to adequately transfer all 2.3GB of content would mean shipping would be via dedicated freight service truck, and the cost per customer per library could easily increase by over 500%.

Any questions, let me know, I'm listening :love:

Lama
Common Wiggler

Post by Lama » Thu May 20, 2010 2:05 pm

endmusik wrote:To honor those brave souls who no longer wish to follow technological advancements, who eschew progress and despise those who would thrust it upon them
Wonderfully put! :grin:

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Stupid question... can you import this into ableton live's sampler?

endmusik
The Wretch

Post by endmusik » Thu May 20, 2010 8:00 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:Stupid question... can you import this into ableton live's sampler?
Supposedly you can - I haven't actually messed around with it yet. That's something I'll have to see about, unless anyone else has tried?

slovo
Care Bear of Fury

Post by slovo » Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 am

Nice move. I think there are a lot of us waiting patiently this year, because komplete 6 was relatively lame. When komplete 7 rolls by, I'll probably happily embrace the erm, cutting-edge kontakt 4 (not that kontakt 3 currently fails me in any way)...

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 pm

yeah if this will work in live 8 i'm snagging this!!!! :)

endmusik
The Wretch

Post by endmusik » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 pm

I've instructed the Totalmusik R&D department to look into what it would take to do a Live version. We strive for innovation :tu:

bar|none
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bar|none » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 pm

One way would be to just create a .exs version. ,sf2 would be nice as well.

.exs I drag droppable into Live's simpler or sampler.

hednoize
Common Wiggler

Additional formats

Post by hednoize » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Michael -

I'm very excited about purchasing your library. I'm waiting to pull the trigger until the additional formats (EXS in my case) are available (as mentioned on your Facebook page). How's the progress? I needs me some Thyratron! :hyper:
Brent Daniels [Free]
brentdanielsmusic.com
@brentdaniels

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:24 pm

the front page is even better.
beatsandstuff.com wrote:the Nhow songster bills itself as the exclusive hotel in aggregation substance digit professed penalization studios. A sacred penalization trainer is on staff, as is a aggroup art hard from topical penalization colleges.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:38 am

WTF is going on here? Mike went to all the trouble of making this library, and making it for Kontakt. And nobody uses it??

POST RECORDINGS. That's a damn order.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:36 am

Blow me. 8_)

I demo'd this in Sweden with the Europa Sequencer. T'was fun. I'm rebuilding/re-installing my software, etc. on my music computer this & next week. Damn motherboard went :deadbanana: This is why I haven't posted much of anything audio/video in the past months. Fucking fuck...

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:07 am

metasonix wrote:WTF is going on here? Mike went to all the trouble of making this library, and making it for Kontakt. And nobody uses it??

POST RECORDINGS. That's a damn order.
If only.....If only he would send us one... :lol: then I would! :hihi:

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am

I'll probably pick this up tonight. Trip report later.
Humanity has doomed itself.

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Has anyone else noted popping when quickly stopping and starting notes? Just load the first patch, Saw1 + Sub and start playing quickly.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:00 am

check your envelopes? zero attack zero release will do that when audio is coming out. it should be less noticeable on high notes since the rise and fall time of a higher frequency is closer to that of a square (zero time) or in this case, a square envelope.

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:13 am

That was the first thing I did. Doesn't seem to help. I'll post audio when I get home from work.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am

then it could be a problem with how the samples are looped and cut. a good sample library will not be +/- zero at the very start of the file. the should be cut and or looped by hand at the zero crossing to prevent clicks. envelopes usually fix anything that was sampled in a less than optimal way.

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 am

I think it's a problem with Kontakt and my system. Picked up another library recently and am having the same problem. I'll roll the dice with a support request from NI, but I'm not holding my breath for a response.

endmusik
The Wretch

Post by endmusik » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:10 am

Samples were all looped and cut by hand, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be... Can anyone reproduce?

Sorry if it's caused you any frustration, looping was the one thing I spent quite a bit of time on whe prepping the library so If something is amok I'd definitely like to fix it!

Return to “Totalmusik”