Our first euro modules in the works!! "Stynk Eye"

Etched Metal, Circuit-Bending & Designs of Luigi LaValle

Moderator: Kent

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks indeed sir! It makes sense (I must be learning something!) thank you for explaining!

Not too much of an issue for me so - just having to have dedicated cables and dedicated box really...

Thanks again mate!

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey thanks guys for all the insight! and plus signs!! I do need to decide on this jack issue... It's like... I want to help in the revolution of banana euro... but I accept it's quick fate, haha.

I'm as well going to do a frac format so... maybe i could just go 100% banana on those and leave these as 1/8"... but I REALLY hate not having nana's on the euro. I have some thinking.... 2HP bigger with both types is an option... or so is Logan's idea. I don't mind if you buy his conversion box and wire up your 1/8" to my Stynk Eye ;)

James, I"m PM'ng now! Thank you so much for offering!!!!
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

Low-Gain
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Low-Gain » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:I don't mind if you buy his conversion box and wire up your 1/8" to my Stynk Eye ;)
oh i'll plug something into your Stynk Eye all right..

wait a minute.. :hmm:

mikecameron
Thread Killer

Post by mikecameron » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I really believe that commercial modules should adhere to the standards of the format. What about just making 2 versions? I would think since you're doing your own panels, this would be less of an issue.

Excited for this! Love the look!

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Alright...alright...... 1/8" it is. haha. I really like those kobiconn's? that metasonix uses. Anybody have a part# for those?
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

mikecameron
Thread Killer

Post by mikecameron » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 pm

16pj138? That's the one that keeps coming up in the diy forum.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kob ... SXCA%3D%3D

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 am

well I'm referring to the ones on the R modules... seems like they are pcb mount, nutless. I like the black ring you see... and feel nice. Hmm
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:58 pm

shaft.... modcan A, hell yes. Why not?.. it's one of 3 preferred formats for THIS GUY, lol.

Second of all... that means alot to me what you said. I'm no electronic genius like 9/10 of the people on this forum, but I do think of myself as a designer... can't help it, just the way I see the world. So I'm really hoping everyone loves the modules and you have a blast just taking off work half day to run home and make music. That's my goal...... seems reachable, haha.

Just wish my helper would hurry up and get here.... his train has been delayed due to a section of train track under water?! HAHA. Pick his ass up Sunday morning at the train station. Apparently he has people ordering industrial welded/etched/patina'd gas masks in San fran so.... looks like we'll be needing to hire a 3rd person by fall. THATS THE PLAN THO!!!!!!! Can't really bitch.... i love making art for everybody, would have no problem quitting the other 2 jobs and doing metalworking till I die. PERIOD.
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Curious what you guys think... James of synthwerks has graciously offered to let me incorporate his USB lamp-1/2 modules with the Stynk Eye. I could basically have it a separate module, or on the same panel as the Stynker.
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:42 pm

All in one!
All in one!

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 am

tragedybysyntax wrote:Curious what you guys think... James of synthwerks has graciously offered to let me incorporate his USB lamp-1/2 modules with the Stynk Eye. I could basically have it a separate module, or on the same panel as the Stynker.
This is a re-post cause Tragedy edited the original by mistake!

In the original post I suggested our LAMP series of modules as a compliment to the Stynk Eye. They look like this:

Since the original post, as Tragedy says, we have been talking to each other about the Stynk Eye/ Lamp combo. I will be sending him a couple of LAMP modules today and he will have fun giving their front panels the "Epinasty Treatment". The next trial will be finding some equally wild USB lamps that will fit the look (I have some nice black ones I personally use on my rig I will clue him onto). This looks like it will be a very cool module.
-James
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Again, thank you a ton James! I'm working with the art right now to incorporate the LAMP. Only hitch with this is I need to figure out a way quick to get RECTANGLES for the usb cut out. Wish I had my damn plasma-cam already!!! I do have access to a guy's water jet table... might just have to get ahold of him to do a big batch for me.

Anywhoo... my brother comes in tomorrow morning at 3am, so all day I've been trying to clean out the garage/workshop further and get some etching done. I'm etching the name plate for the MONOPOLY case tonight, and riveting to the case. She get's sent off to Rotterdam monday! Also... got a call thursday about doing 3 rush panels for some guy local that's selling custom cabinets to owners of Google?!!!! Needs them monday so... been doing that too.

THEN!!! I just messed around with these while other things were drying in the shop... The bigger one is adding a patina to the mix called "rainbow'... added a really cool reactive rust to the mix. I really like it... the smaller one did NOT have the rainbow added to the pea green/black. Getting close to the look in my head... of coarse these will be black fill for graphics/text then this finish. I might order a GREEN green to mix with the pea green... we'll see. Faceplate ideas will be up later this evening with the LAMP, then once I get ahold of DGTOM, I'll be submitting the layout for pcb prototypes.

GETTING CLOSER! :twisted:
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Oh man! Those look stinky!
In a good way!

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:57 am

Pewwwwey!!!!! ;)
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

ritchiedrums
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ritchiedrums » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:02 pm

What is HP of the Stynk Eye?
Are you accepting deposits??

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:05 am

Hey I'll check hp tonight. Still kind of up in the air based on if i use the Lamp-1 with it. James is checking to see if I can make the USB light brighter before i decide. I've been down for a month from a unexpected knee surgery so... I've got some catching up to do in the shop (and life in general) But the Stynk Eye will be happenin soon. Sorry... no deposits needed. There will be Plenty made forya once we get the proto up. :)
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 am

Sorry to hear about then knee mate - hope things are looking up for you!

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:09 pm

yeah yeah, doing awesome. Just trying to get back to being able to stand alot without getting swolen. Tomorrow morning will be the first night in the shop in almost 4 weeks. SUX

Worst part was that this happened because my last surgeon fd up 10 years ago. Oh well.... either whip his ass or snag a voodoo doll
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

Okay, back to making progress! I finished the layout last night and will be submitting the placement of parts for the pcb to be made up.

However... I'm having my brother redraw the graphics, I need to make this as ill as possible ;)
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh and as far as jacks... I'm considering on 1/8" if I decide euro. *grumble* I almost feel like I'm selling out to the jacks that I loathe.... but... I dunnoz yet. Thought about making it a 4u or 5u banana (buchla or modcan a) instead. I'm really on the fence as to what format to release this on. I'll keepya posted. Euro is so overly flooded..........
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

okie doke, pcb is submitted and will be ordering parts tonight for the prototypes. Jacks will be 1/8", trying to get a part # of the ones metasonix use. We're also planning a separate machine that will be desktop/standalone and with bananas ;)

Also.... modcan a version is also In the works. I've got my brother drawing the stynk eye graphics by hand so.. expect a nice improvement :)
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 pm

:omg:

Great that you are back up and around mate - looking forward to this bad boy!

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Oh as far as size.... it's sitting in @ 12HP right now. :twisted:
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

slovo
Care Bear of Fury

Post by slovo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Damn, what has happened to Epinasty?? This was the most promising thing in Modcanland in a long time!
(ignatius) "it's like Point Break meets Schindler's List"
AIRSEA - Creepy noises to protest air pollution

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Psssh.... honestly what happened with this project is

A: The guy developing the circuit decided not to get back to me anymore about prototypes / ideas / updates /....anything.. So I'm hoping he's healthy and everything is okay, and most likely just doesn't feel like doing this.

and oh yeah...

B: Metal got too busy on it's own :bang:
- [ Custom Metalwork ] -

Return to “Epinasty”