ADDAC207 - New Firmware: Issues / Reports

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, __ag

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 am

I've only heard good results from anyone using the module with the latest firmware so, yes.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:35 am

I know that feeling, mine is also one of their first batches and despite all the upgrades and also a custom firmware they sent me some time ago, still don't works properly or resting in a box most of the time, sometimes when I'm feeling patient I rack it up to give it a try but frustrates me so much :waah:
snadge wrote:I have one of these bought pre order in 2013, serial #18 and at the time struggled to get anything resembling what it should have been doing for months, was told to RTFM far too many times, so just shoved it in my spares drawer and forgot about it as a lost cause as I had far too much work obligations over the next few years.

Cue recently when building up a little skiff and came across it again, decided to try again and it is still ~wrong~.

If I buy this:

http://addacsystem.com/product/addac-ac ... /addac0016

and download this:

Here's the direct link to our latest Firmware .hex file for Windows users (version K_4, July 5th)
http://media.addacsystem.com/firmwares/ ... RE_OSX.zip

and follow these instructions:

http://media.addacsystem.com/firmwares/ ... eGuide.pdf

It will sort it out?

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Wow, really? You have the latest firmware? What issues are you having?

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:04 am

I'm with the one from July but I've seen there's another update from February, I could give it a try but honestly don't think will change too much for my issues.

To be specific they are: no inputs normalization between channels and the need to apply a negative offset to every channel to make it work (positive cv signals are ignored)
Paranormal Patroler wrote:Wow, really? You have the latest firmware? What issues are you having?

anosou
Wiggling with Experience

Post by anosou » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:03 pm

lohacker wrote:I'm with the one from July but I've seen there's another update from February, I could give it a try but honestly don't think will change too much for my issues.

To be specific they are: no inputs normalization between channels and the need to apply a negative offset to every channel to make it work (positive cv signals are ignored)
Paranormal Patroler wrote:Wow, really? You have the latest firmware? What issues are you having?
Very strange. I've used both an old firmware and a new one, never had this issue. Perhaps it's actually a hardware problem? ADDAC tends to responsive to e-mails in my experience, so try e-mailing.
You can hear & see my modular noodling on YouTube.
You can find my rack at ModularGrid.
WTB: Original Mutable Instruments Tides faceplate. Will pay handsomely. Send me a PM!

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 pm

anosou wrote: Very strange. I've used both an old firmware and a new one, never had this issue. Perhaps it's actually a hardware problem? ADDAC tends to responsive to e-mails in my experience, so try e-mailing.
As I said before, mine is an old one so probably has some hardware issues from first batches. I've already contacted them a long time ago and they sent me this custom firmware that should solve my problems but nothing changed, I then asked them to send it back for repair but never had a response. Probably I should try again :despair:

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 am

Did you send them an email? They're very responsive.

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:58 pm

lohacker

One of the posts in viewtopic.php?t=91602

dated Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:48 pm
mentions units below #73 there's an option to talk to Addac about it- might be worth checking out?

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi All,

Just want to check if what I'm getting is typical?

If I use the keyboard and tune say 'C' button 1 to C3 and then progress up the scale the D, E, F etc. each note played gradually drifts out of tune.
D3 is 3 cents lower,
G3 is 14 cents lower and
B3 the last button is 23 cents lower.

Can anyone do a quick check next time you're noodling - cheers

edit - I'm on the latest firmware

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi Riggar, that can happen but can easily be fixed by adjusting your tuning by pressing the TUNING button for 1sec and correct with last 2 +/- buttons (11 & 12), this procedure is explained in the manual for a better reference.

Regarding my problem, I'm aware that units below #73 are prone to issues, and already contacted them a long time ago. I have to send them another mail.

Riggar wrote:Hi All,

Just want to check if what I'm getting is typical?

If I use the keyboard and tune say 'C' button 1 to C3 and then progress up the scale the D, E, F etc. each note played gradually drifts out of tune.
D3 is 3 cents lower,
G3 is 14 cents lower and
B3 the last button is 23 cents lower.

Can anyone do a quick check next time you're noodling - cheers

edit - I'm on the latest firmware

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm

lohacker

Thanks for reply - I looked at the manual regarding what you mentioned but the way I read it was for tuning per voice output ie voice out 1, voice output 2 etc. not the difference between notes on the same output if you see what i mean.

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Riggar wrote:lohacker

Thanks for reply - I looked at the manual regarding what you mentioned but the way I read it was for tuning per voice output ie voice out 1, voice output 2 etc. not the difference between notes on the same output if you see what i mean.
That procedure applies to each single output (by pressing the 1-4 buttons to select the relative voice), I've done it several times and it's useful for tuning different oscs with slight different tracking performances.

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 am

lohacker wrote
That procedure applies to each single output (by pressing the 1-4 buttons to select the relative voice), I've done it several times and it's useful for tuning different oscs with slight different tracking performances.

I'm going to give it a shot as soon as!

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Sun May 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Finally I have my 207 fixed! I'm so glad to play with it again :party:

ADDAC System
Common Wiggler

Post by ADDAC System » Wed May 30, 2018 3:45 pm

lohacker wrote:Finally I have my 207 fixed! I'm so glad to play with it again :party:
:goo:
Questions? Assistance? Hit me up via PM or send us an email!

ADDAC System | [www.addacsystem.com]

Return to “ADDAC System”