ADDAC 709M - EHX MEL9 VC TAPE REPLAY MACHINE

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, __ag

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:07 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Cello bass lines and sax lead lines is what I have in mind as well. Thanks for clearing it up for me, I was obviously mistaken. Maybe I'm confusing it with the Pitchfork pedal, although I'm sure that works the same way as you described above. Anyway, once again, looking forward to your post.
Remember, I'm assuming the guy who wrote the article knew what he was talking about too. He may have been off base too!
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Got my Mel9 in the mail today, and it's one sweet mother! First quick demo of it here. I'm sending a straight tone from the Mangrove oscillator into it (utilizing the built in attack/decay). First the dry signal, then I go through the presets. I also speed up the sequence a bit for a while before slowing it down again. I also add a bit of delay and touch of reverb at some point. Midway through I turn down the formant knob of the Mangrove to allow for some darker tones. A few of the presets really shine with some darker tones (you can hear the brass characteristics of the brass presets especially)!

https://soundcloud.com/green-gym/addac709m

One weird thing I noticed is that the presets appear in the opposite direction of what it says on the panel print! So Clarinet is the last preset on the pot, and Strings is the first preset.

It can distort and overdrive really nice too, actually. I need to experiment more with that.

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Mine is on its way. Can't wait. I want to try it out with vocals as an input source - "singing" string lines. Post processing seems to really be the key. The verb and delay adds a lot.

I really wish they made a version that goes below low A though. I would love to use this with my fretless bass.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:40 pm

I tried with a few acappelas just now - weird as fuck, haha. :hihi: Will probably sound great if you match it to whatever else in your patch! Looking forward to hearing how that turns out for you. :) Rings in poly-mode into this thing sounds gorgeous (as expected). Delayed signals into it as well, as you say, as it creates the overlapping tones.

ADDAC System
Common Wiggler

Post by ADDAC System » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Questions? Assistance? Hit me up via PM or send us an email!

ADDAC System | [www.addacsystem.com]

JC14
Common Wiggler

Post by JC14 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

Daisuk wrote:One weird thing I noticed is that the presets appear in the opposite direction of what it says on the panel print! So Clarinet is the last preset on the pot, and Strings is the first preset.
Unfortunately I have the same issue :-(
I mailed them about it a few days ago, but no reply so far...

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

JC14 wrote:
Daisuk wrote:One weird thing I noticed is that the presets appear in the opposite direction of what it says on the panel print! So Clarinet is the last preset on the pot, and Strings is the first preset.
Yeah, it's just a mess up, doesn't really matter. Flip the invert switch over the preset attenuator thing, and it's like it says on the panel. :)

ADDAC System
Common Wiggler

Post by ADDAC System » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 pm

JC14 wrote:
:ripbanana: There's nothing we can do at the moment, not until the next batch of panels comes in that is. I sincerely hope it's not such a huge bummer though! I don't have an ETA on the panels but I'll ask.
Daisuk wrote:Yeah, it's just a mess up, doesn't really matter. Flip the invert switch over the preset attenuator thing, and it's like it says on the panel. :)
Thanks for being so understanding Daisuk. I understand it can be a downer for some people, but I'm glad you didn't get dissuaded.

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:17 am

ADDAC System wrote:
JC14 wrote:
:ripbanana: There's nothing we can do at the moment, not until the next batch of panels comes in that is. I sincerely hope it's not such a huge bummer though! I don't have an ETA on the panels but I'll ask.
Daisuk wrote:Yeah, it's just a mess up, doesn't really matter. Flip the invert switch over the preset attenuator thing, and it's like it says on the panel. :)
Thanks for being so understanding Daisuk. I understand it can be a downer for some people, but I'm glad you didn't get dissuaded.
A few years from now it'll be a novelty from the first batch of the module, and it'll be more worth than the original. :lol:

Acquadar
Common Wiggler

Post by Acquadar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:55 am

Hello Addac, do you think that you'll made this again soon or later? This autumn, winter, spring, next sumer?

Cortega
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Cortega » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:25 am

Acquadar wrote:Hello Addac, do you think that you'll made this again soon or later? This autumn, winter, spring, next sumer?
this is no official ADDAC Forum,
you have to drop them a EMail via the ADDAC Website.

I think they are building this Module on demand, i you want one they build one, so again drop them a Mail for this.

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:15 am

Acquadar wrote:Hello Addac, do you think that you'll made this again soon or later? This autumn, winter, spring, next sumer?
They have always been custom order as far as I know. I got mine that way. You have to email Andre and ask him to build one for you. The turnaround was not very long IIRC.
-James

Acquadar
Common Wiggler

Post by Acquadar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:28 am

I write to him a couple of months ago but...

ADDAC System
Common Wiggler

Post by ADDAC System » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:10 am

Acquadar wrote:I write to him a couple of months ago but...
Hi Acquadar! Did you reach out to us via email? Admittedly our HQ are in a bit of disarray due to moving. Would you be kind enough to send us a message via our order page? You can find it here:

http://www.addacsystem.com/order

WisdomWriter
Common Wiggler

Post by WisdomWriter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

I have been really curious about this module. I LOVE the adduce quintet mixer/vca. I looked up this unit on youtube and whatnot, but I'm still wondering from a subjective standpoint, is it thick? does it capture the essence of an organ through a modular lens? I tried other units like synthesis tech E440 for some thickness, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I love organ to create a certain mood. how does this pan out as being dominant sound?

Return to “ADDAC System”