addac 101 wav player trigger?

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, __ag

bisquick
Wiggling with Experience

addac 101 wav player trigger?

Post by bisquick » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 am

i know that the 101 has a gate input, but i would like to trigger the active sample (one-shot) instead of gating it on/off if i go from zero to 1 and back to zero.
can i just send this module a trigger for the gate input?
it's not clear from the description on the wav player page.

thanks
b

mafouka
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mafouka » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:07 pm

yea bruh, triggers all day! Just make sure u have the playback mode set to One-shot. . . I had a hard time understanding your zero to 1 question, hope this helps :}
這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊

bisquick
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bisquick » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 pm

regarding my statement involving the gate and the 0-1-0 behavior, I'm simply speaking of a square wave vs a trigger (a short pulse)

groovar
Common Wiggler

Re: addac 101 wav player trigger?

Post by groovar » Sun May 24, 2020 7:59 pm

does anyone else know if there is a setting or way to change the repeating / loop behavior when the toggle switch is up on "skip"? when it is down on "loop" it is single play with gate in/button. but if i want to skip to the next file on every gate, and i switch the toggle to the up (skip) position, it loops without any trigger.

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Mon May 25, 2020 12:00 pm

My two 101's are in a box and not in my rig at the moment (replaced by other modules), but I will mount them up and see if I can figure this out for you. I remember doing similar to what you want, playing one shot loops and changing loops every trigger, but it may have been using the same trigger/gate on more than one input at once. it may have been with gates and the internal VCA too so the loop may have been looping in the background but just not heard.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

groovar
Common Wiggler

Post by groovar » Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 pm

yeah this is what i am trying to do thank you. it seems like this thing just wants to run in "always loooping mode" when that switch is up, with no trigger in.

groovar
Common Wiggler

Post by groovar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:06 pm

"It’s just because there’s only one trigger and if you’re in loop mode you can choose loop/one shot and the trigger is reset/trigger sample
but if you put it in skip mode the trigger will skip to next/previous but then you’d have no way to trigger the sample if it wasn’t in loop"

Return to “ADDAC System”