Moderators: Kent, __ag

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:42 pm

The er 101 has voltage tables....

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elemental » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Can it also be used as a quantizer for external voltages?
tiny333 wrote:The er 101 has voltage tables....

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Nop

But what you are asking does not sound too far fetched .... Maybe an update at some time...

:tu:

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elemental » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:55 am

I see the ER 101 has only digital inputs ... would need an expander for analog inputs too. ER 101 looks very interesting on its own too, and to be able to quantise external voltages could truly make it the heart of your system..

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:27 am

Mm i meant update to the 207 ... It must be fairly easy to add different tunings....

Tho where are you getting these voltages from anyway ?

To add that to the er101 would be a whole other operation i guess

BOTH !! :)

:bananaguitar:

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elemental » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:29 am

I am looking for a way to get some unusual / custom tuning temperament with multiple sources, e.g. modular - analog sequencer and wogglebug, and also soft synths....

e.g. if I have a live instrument that has a certain tuning then I could potentially tune my synths to match.

If Addac would open it up so I could load/edit tuning tables would be amazing.... that I could also use with Aalto for example... this is what I'm really looking for.

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:35 am

Interesting :)

You could clock the er101 from the bug ...

Can the addac modular computer be programmed to do this ?
Beyond me but it might

:hmm:

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:48 am

Also if u had an o tool or something you could measure the voltage output
Of the 207

A normal tuner would help a bit

I would have thought with a way to measure the voltage/ note
That there is enough in the 207 to keep you happy for some time

The 101 works very well with its voltage tables .... Have a peek at the manual

All the best

:tu:

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Modular system are inherently fretless, so you can tune your sequencers any way you like? Get an STG Graphic Sequencer or any non-tempered sequencer and you're set.

You can also change temperaments on the ADDAC207. There's info in the manual about it. :hmm:
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elemental » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Modular system are inherently fretless, so you can tune your sequencers any way you like? Get an STG Graphic Sequencer or any non-tempered sequencer and you're set.

You can also change temperaments on the ADDAC207. There's info in the manual about it. :hmm:
I have a Doepfer A-155/154 combo - and the 207 - thats one of the reasons I wanted a new quantizer. The 207 does offer 4 different temperaments but they are not very well documented. The manual just says the name of the different temperaments. What I want is either specific note-to-frequency tables or sets of ratios, such as what you find in Scala format .scl files.

rasseru
Underwater Wiggler

Post by rasseru » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:07 pm

mine has just arrived!

such a sexy looking module :love:

need another case to put all my new bits on

GaryInHuaHin
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GaryInHuaHin » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 am

elemental wrote:
Paranormal Patroler wrote: What I want is either specific note-to-frequency tables or sets of ratios, such as what you find in Scala format .scl files.
That would indeed be awesomely useful. Sounds like a very major update, though, almost a new product.

Not that I'm against new products...

corex
scare the dog!

Post by corex » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I've been looking at this module recently and it seems to have a lot going for it. Currently I use a uScale for quantizing. One feature that I use a lot is the "scale select" mode, and I'm curious if the 207 has a similar feature. I read through the manual quickly and didn't find it, but this module is fairly complex so maybe I just missed it while skimming.

On the uScale, I clear out a bank. I then create and store four scales. Then I enter scale select mode. I use my Pressure Points to send an offset voltage to the Shift input, which allows me to assign a different scale to each pad on the Pressure Points and so now I can use the Pressure Points to drive a chord progression. Can this be accomplished with the 207?

JosefK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JosefK » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm

corex
The 207 can only play one scale at a time from what I can tell. There is an assignable trigger in and this can control 8 different menu functions including things like transposing all voices, transposing certain voices, gate lengths, and quantization types.

__ag
Wiggling with Experience

Post by __ag » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 am

Hello everyone!

I was posting in another Quantizer thread and thought of posting this here as well. As some of you may know we announced a firmware update user guide:
http://addacsystem.com/firmwares/ADDAC2 ... eGuide.pdf

Some users already did the upgrade and are now experiencing a healthy 207!

For those with a PC the process will be just as described in the pdf, it's a straight forward process and there's just no simpler way to do it.

For those on a Mac, after some further research, i finished an App that will take care of everything for you, just install the Arduino App first, follow the guide to connect the Usb-serial adapter pins to the module and run the App, it will guide you through the rest of the process.
This avoids all the Terminal "scary" steps!

You can download the App from here:
http://www.addacsystem.com/firmwares/AD ... RMWARE.zip

Regarding USB-Serial adapters, we just got this one the other day, took a few weeks to arrive but it works perfectly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251336804760? ... 1439.l2649

if in a hurry these ship from the US:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716

And these in the EU:
http://www.inmotion.pt/store/ftdi-basic-breakout-5v

We're also planning in stocking these at low cost in a near future!

Hope this makes it easier for the Mac users!

If you simply don't want to go through the guide, we're also available to upgrade the firmware ourselves or through a distributor, contact us if this is the case!

all the very best
andre

kssm
Common Wiggler

Post by kssm » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:40 pm

That's great news! I'll get to this as soon as I can since I have experienced such things like Gate Outs not outputting gates periodically or the V/Oct setting not saving upon power cycles.
Are there any specific features or performances that are upgraded by this new firmware?

bobbcorr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bobbcorr » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:29 am

Is everything good to go in 207 land these days? I'm building a new rack and would like to consider this quantizer for purchase. Merci beaucoup!

kineticturtle
Common Wiggler

Post by kineticturtle » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Seconding that question! The quantizer I have isn't cutting it for my purposes.
FS/T: Getting out of Euro!
I wrote a song every day in January, April, & July of 2019, all of them are on YouTube, but here are the best ones from January, I think.
Some bands I've been in, High Five Spirit & The Mineral Kingdom.
Maths is hard, let's go shopping.

NS4W
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NS4W » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:06 pm

The manual does not reflect the latest changes. So the module seems a bit in limbo at the moment...

Hirsbro
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Hirsbro » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:44 pm

NS4W wrote:The manual does not reflect the latest changes. So the module seems a bit in limbo at the moment...
Indeed :sadbanana:

SlyFrank
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SlyFrank » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:11 pm

I just noticed that the 207 is now available at Analogue Haven. It says it is shipping with the latest firmware as of November 30th, although not sure if that's a new firmware or the one that they were using to update these modules a few months ago.

Anyway, I've been interested in this quantizer for some time, but steered clear due to firmware issues, and then due to non-availabilty (although perhaps they were always available direct from ADDAC).

It appears that no matter what this new firmware is, the manual is probably not entirely up-to-date. My main question for current users is about the alternate scale modes, specifically just intonation and the La Monte Young scale (I've been playing around with the La Monte Young scale for months now in software - I've been wishing for a quantizer solution so as to avoid having to go the software route). So, do these alternate tunings work? Any caveats? Issues? If they work as advertised I'm about to pull the trigger on this.

cinnamonjuly
Common Wiggler

Post by cinnamonjuly » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:44 pm

We have some 207's on their way to us. Andre says all firmware issues are sorted. They're available pre order on our site.
Wales' only modular synth store
Visit Cymru Beats modular synth shop

NS4W
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NS4W » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:36 pm

cinnamonjuly wrote:We have some 207's on their way to us. Andre says all firmware issues are sorted. They're available pre order on our site.
What firmware number is that and do you have an updated manual for it? If not your modules functions might not be reflected correctly in the current publicly available manual.

fourhexagons
Wiggling with Experience

Anybody know what is making the 207 glitch like this?

Post by fourhexagons » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 am

So I got a 207 :yay:
All was straight up banana split :nana:

Until this started happening :zombie:

When all lights were lit, C and C# would rapidly flash. I thought it to be a power issue so I took every module out of my case and plugged it in alone. This changed nothing.
So I then plugged in a few modules and it sounded nice, so I recorded it. :despair:
Here it is to enjoy, but more importantly can any experienced wigglers – or at least those experienced with the 207 :roll: tell me what's going on?

[video][/video]

Am I just in some mode that I have yet to learn about? I surely hope so. I mean – it's not faulty, is it?

Thanks so much.

[EDIT: I just noticed that there's a sync issue with the video. That is, the plucked notes should align with René. But you get the point.]

fourhexagons
Wiggling with Experience

ADDAC 207: note glitch + pitch droop

Post by fourhexagons » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm

The previous video isn't very clear at demonstrating/describing the issues I'm experiencing with my ADDAC 207.

Here's a demo video with some voiceover to make it much clearer:

[video][/video]

Any help is very much appreciated.

Additionally, I've gone through each menu function to reset to the defaults, so I'm pretty confident now that it's not user error. :roll:

Return to “ADDAC System”