New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.

Moderators: Kent, __ag

__ag
Wiggling with Experience

DAY 7: Ultra .WAV Player

Post by __ag » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 am

DAY 7:
ULTRA .WAV PLAYER & EXPANSION

A .WAV Player with more controls for more serious .wav playing.

This will be an addition to out line, both ADDAC101 .WAV Player & ADDAC111 Ultra .WAV Player will be available.

Last edited by __ag on Wed May 15, 2013 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 am

M a s s i v e :eek: :hyper:
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am

:bacon: :bananaguitar: :bananallama:
Ah everything i wished for that was missing in the 101. Except for the v/oct control. But I can't have it all ;)

May the force be with you on that one.
Hoping for a fast introduction to the market.

BJ

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 am

bj_gzp wrote:May the force is with you on that one.
Hoping for a fast introduction to the market.
Darth Vader voice samples is where it's at! :party:

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 am

Fooooook!!! :eek:

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 am

You can't believe how hot i'm on that one. The direct triggers make it much more useful than the 101.
Will make a nice combo, 101 to cheat and 111 to rock :)

I hear already a KP patch using samples as drivers, up to 8 different attack sounds to get the virtual string going :sb:

BJ

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 am

bj_gzp wrote: I hear already a KP patch using samples as drivers, up to 8 different attack sounds to get the virtual string going :sb:

BJ
I'd be really interested to see what you have in mind. Can you be more specific?

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 am

mmmh i have plenty of ideas :) not sure if this is the right thread for details.
In short, you make a normal KP patch, but in the place of noise impulses you use samples. Having different length/timbre samples as drivers permits to vary the attack sound a lot, without having to adjust envelopes/filters. basically you record the pulses and trigger them in the sampler as needed.
I had some interesting results with longer samples to make it sound bowed and not plugged as with a pulse.

BJ

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 am

bj_gzp wrote:mmmh i have plenty of ideas :) not sure if this is the right thread for details.
In short, you make a normal KP patch, but in the place of noise impulses you use samples. Having different length/timbre samples as drivers permits to vary the attack sound a lot, without having to adjust envelopes/filters. basically you record the pulses and trigger them in the sampler as needed.
I had some interesting results with longer samples to make it sound bowed and not plugged as with a pulse.

BJ
It's relative to the module so I don't see what we can't converse here. I see your point and it does make sense; I'll try it out if I get my hands on one. I love KP, it's the reason why I'm using modular in the first place.

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:34 am

The fact that samples are now addressable with CV control and Gates makes it a different tool than the 101.
What could be fun is a sequencer on the Gates in for some simple monophonic drum beats. :sb:

bj

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 am

André,

Did you change the SD card format? The card-slot seems to be a bit short for a normal SD card. I hope it will stay the same format as for 101. I just stocked up on SD cards.

BJ

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 am

:omg: so this is capable of 8 note chords with arbitrary wave files for each note.... :woah: which meansI can has multi-timbral sequences of maj/min/aug/sus/dim/etc (using the file cv to sequence both the timbres of the notes and their intervals with respect to the root cv-in?! :nuke:

:hail: bravo addac! :yay:

cheers

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:00 am

numan7 wrote::omg: so this is capable of 8 note chords with arbitrary wave files for each note.... :woah: which meansI can has multi-timbral sequences of maj/min/aug/sus/dim/etc (using the file cv to sequence both the timbres of the notes and their intervals with respect to the root cv-in?! :nuke:

:hail: bravo addac! :yay:

cheers
NOPE!
It's just a monophonic wave player like the 101 with much more sophisticated control on sample selection.

sorry to shoot you down :(

bj

mDang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mDang » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:15 am

did i understand correctly, now we'll can chose the sample with a cv ?
Analogeeks

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 am

mDang wrote:did i understand correctly, now we'll can chose the sample with a cv ?
Yes :) with CV over the playback modes, in the 101 you have only the frontpanel switches for it.
The Gates are for direct access of the first 8 files...

bj

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 am

:hmm: so the gate inputs on the expander override file-cv on the main 111 panel when any of them is held high? and what happens when more than 1 gate input is active simultaneously?

interesting! :)

cheers

mDang
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mDang » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 am

greaaaaat news :)
i love the error's led !!! haha !
Analogeeks

bj_gzp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bj_gzp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 am

numan7 wrote:and what happens when more than 1 gate input is active simultaneously?
I have the same question! I suppose there is a logic like for monophonic keyboards. Not sure if highest or last File has prio.

Cheers,
Björn

awoke
Common Wiggler

Post by awoke » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 pm

please stop. my finances can't keep pace here!

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

I would love to have built in or as an expansion board a LED numeric readout of the file name being played (for queuing up a sound before playing it). If the file naming format is the same as the 101 all that is needed is a standard single 8 segment LED (use the period for double characters - A. for AA or 1. for 11). Performance wise this would help ALOT.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Mercutio
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Mercutio » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Pure madness..........The expansion is "core utility" don t understand why it s an expansion!....

spitznagl
Common Wiggler

Post by spitznagl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Mercutio wrote:Pure madness..........The expansion is "core utility" don t understand why it s an expansion!....
Why not? If I buy one I won't need the expansion since I could just sequence it using one cv and one gate out of my Cirklon. It's nice to have the possibility to decide depending on your needs. Somebody who doesn't need the 8 gates is going to save 4HP and some money while you're just going to need four extra screws.

Ucture
Common Wiggler

Post by Ucture » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm

:tu:

Selador
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Selador » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 pm

This is a game changer for me... The Phonogrne came close to achieving the same sample manipulation I do in a DAW, but this ADDS to what I have in my toolbox. You earned this bacon. :bacon:

:hail:
Born like this, into this, as chalk faces smile

keimart.in

DoctorDoolittle
Common Wiggler

Post by DoctorDoolittle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 pm

bj_gzp wrote:mmmh i have plenty of ideas :) not sure if this is the right thread for details.

BJ
will someone please point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find a working definition of "KP patch" :despair: ..... is this a total noooob question?

Return to “ADDAC System”