video editing

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa, daverj

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

video editing

Post by slumberjack » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:32 pm

it's actually not music related that much but i think it fits this sub better than anywhere else.

i've been struggling with a video editing for my youtube stuff. sure i got final cut studio on my studio computer and i was fluently on it on an basic level during my time at the art school. but now it feels a bit to complex for what i want to do. simple cut up two or three files (maybe a fade) and adding the music layer to shots made on my cell. i would do this while hanging around being lazy. so options for an adroid tablet or a ubutu laptop would come in handy. at best it detects the format/specs/codec of the given file by itself and doesn't change anything. rotation/flip would be a bonus.
quality isn't that important since i go for lo-fi.

cheers!
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

Koekepan
Veteran Wiggler

Re: video editing

Post by Koekepan » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Ubuntu laptop:

Consider flowblade.

Video tutorials on youtube help with finer points.

Works fine, detects data types, flexible.

drowninreverb
1-Post Wiggler

Post by drowninreverb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:41 am

Hello, this is my first post so I'm glad to be here !

Final cut is great and simple if you give it some time, for a simpler yet similar use maybe look at iMovie ?

You can find great basic tutorial on YouTube that doesn't take long to watch :

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:13 pm

DaVinci Resolve has a new 'Cut' page where you can so simple editing. And of course the 'Edit' page. And it is free, I believe also for 4k output (but at least for HD output), it just hasn't some professional tools like denoising. For this you need the Resolve Studio version.

For iPad there are two or three apps that work well, but it's mainly for footage you shoot with the device. External footage is a bit problematic to import, also because of file size. This may change in future when there will be direct USB storage access from the app.

galaxie
Common Wiggler

Post by galaxie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:33 am

Some useful tips regarding iPad apps here. Thanks.

Return to “Video Synthesis”