YT posts / video artist not musicians? Collab efforts?

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent, daverj

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

YT posts / video artist not musicians? Collab efforts?

Post by Severed head » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:06 am

Hey friends / foes

I figured here may be a good place to ask,
As the eurorack sub, it seems the answer will default to
A kitsch Japanese toy or some other cute object, a plant or the view of your system in front of your window with either a sunny day or the more cliché rain soaked window
As the “ambient Eurorack” fad rolls on strong.
Which is awesome musically but let’s all be honest those stereotypes are a bit dull. For who ever started them I apologize that your idea has become a gimmick as it was generally a good idea/way to display a nicely composed ambient or generative patch.

On to the point:

What do folks prefer to see in a vid post that’s not a live recording? For vids that are of a recording either just a improv or an album track.
Slideshow of stills? A completely unrelated abstraction?
Some short story like a silent film? Sample vid clips?
A text description on the screen? Maybe a picture of the gear used?

Any ideas?

2ndly.
If there are any video synth artist out there (here?)
Who fancy making video but not so much audio or do like audio but has extra vid footage they’d be interested in sharing for collaborative efforts, PM me I’d love to make some friends and have someone with the visual mind create/post something more interesting than this-

[bbvideo]
[/bbvideo]
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

Re: YT posts / video artist not musicians? Collab efforts?

Post by Severed head » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:27 am

Oh I Just thought Id mention this is from a series/project I’m working on “Profiles” in which all the sounds (except drum sounds) are all made by manipulating the spoken phrase from a the cassette tape driven sample within the Eurorack Modular synthesizer using all the typical modules.

In this case all sounds except peaks drum thump were created from the phrase Bundy is speaking at the end, if anyone actually happens to make it that far.
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Return to “Video Synthesis”