CHA/V and Eurorack

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa, daverj

SynthularModulus
Common Wiggler

CHA/V and Eurorack

Post by SynthularModulus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:12 pm

Anyone played around with a CHA/V and a Eurorack? Tell me about your patch and modules you used.

I just finished building a CHA/V and did a few initial tests. Looks like everything is working as should, but I need to play around with it more and learn what I am actually doing to get the kinds of results I would like to get.

I tried sending it various kinds of signals and cvs from my friend's Eurorack with mixed results. Audio, and Drum envelopes seemed to animate things nicely, but I wasn't able to get very useful results from the LFO and random CV. I assume I was doing something wrong with the patching on the CHA/V. I'll try again and see if I can get any better results.

Anyway, I didn't see a real CHA/V thread here and not much as it relates to Eurorack, so I figured I would start this thread to hopefully gather a few resources from folks and share anything useful I may (or may not) figure out myself.

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: CHA/V and Eurorack

Post by fluxmonkey » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:54 am

Jonas is active on the FB Video Circuits page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/VIDEOCIRCUITS/), he's very helpful on all things CHA/V
www.fluxmonkey.com

BUILDER FOR HIRE - kits or custom, email me with your needs

Agawell
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Agawell » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:38 pm

a good trick with lower speed modulation for video is to mix it in with the faster rate signal before feeding it to the C/HAV (or other video module) - might be worth trying
Instagram

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

an oscillator is an oscillator - utilities are possibilities

bitSmasher
Common Wiggler

Post by bitSmasher » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:38 pm

This is a good starting point:
https://community.lzxindustries.net/t/a ... anges/1641

Essentially you want frequencies that make your ears tickle. And if you want to use sub audio modulation, as suggested AM or FM it with a higher frequency

SynthularModulus
Common Wiggler

Post by SynthularModulus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Thanks all for the info. That article on LZX explains the different frequency bands very well! I havent had a chance to experiment with this new knowledge yet, been busy on other projects, but hoping to soon

Return to “Video Synthesis”