LZX Discontinuations

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa, daverj

Fabong
Common Wiggler

LZX Discontinuations

Post by Fabong » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:03 am

the LZX team is cranking out final restocks for a number of modules. Did I say final? That's right, as we make way for a major Chromagnon push, we are discontinuing the rest of the Expedition line. Arch, Bridge, Doorway, Mapper, Passage, Staircase, and (surprise!) Topogram, will be restocked before they disappear. Curtain will not be restocked by LZX, but some dealers will receive inventory. Sensory Translator will remain in production.
LZX will no longer be manufacturing many of their modules. On a related note, Thonk is nearly out of Cadet PCBs and these have also been discontinued. Staircase and Topogram surprised me.
Avant Garde a clue

Agawell
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: LZX Discontinuations

Post by Agawell » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 am

cadets being gone is old news - been on the cards for a year at least - I can see 3rd party DIY versions of some of the modules appearing - especially if the new DIY modules take a long time to materialize

and it's good to see other companies getting in on the LZX format DIY video module market - Reverselandfill, Synthonie etc and factory built modules - AfterLife Laboratories, brownshoesonly (hopefully distribution and production will be better for them too - especially as Nick is now - I believe - working for LZX, or maybe it won'tbe for the same reason)

the rest of the expedition modules being discontinued is news - although not massively surprising

I suspect that the visionary2 and automata series will encompass a lot of the functionality of the expedition series - but with more friendly power requirements - and in the case of the visionary2 series DIY possibilities

I can see topogram possibly being re-issued as a visionary2 module - and the same with a few of the other expedition modules - primarily the utilities - basically to get the power all up to the same standard

personally I am eagerly awaiting (with the utmost patience) chromagnon, the sync modules and the next gen of oscillators, mixers and filters - will probably pick up a fortress (and some 3rd party DIY modules) at some point over the next 12 months and maybe a curtain (but I doubt it - can wait for next gen for that)
Instagram

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

an oscillator is an oscillator - utilities are possibilities

Fabong
Common Wiggler

Post by Fabong » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:55 am

Agawell wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 am
cadets being gone is old news
Yeah we knew it was coming I just thought it was worth noting the stock is finally running out; Thonk only has RGB encoders, scalers and hard keys left. Processors went out of stock for the last time yesterday. I have ordered a scaler to put aside for later assembly just so I don't miss out on it.
Avant Garde a clue

DSC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DSC » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:25 pm

I appreciate all of the work Lars has put in over all of these years. Long live analog video.

Agawell
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Agawell » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:22 pm

DSC wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:25 pm
I appreciate all of the work Lars has put in over all of these years. Long live analog video.
Absolutely and don't forget the rest of the LZX team!
Instagram

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

an oscillator is an oscillator - utilities are possibilities

Return to “Video Synthesis”