Post Pics of Your Video Synths!

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe., daverj

simulcast
Common Wiggler

Post by simulcast » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:27 am

Hi Benton,
Yes indeed - visitors are always welcome. The CAVE is in Brisbane though, but if you are in town - please let me know. If you like the FB link in my signature you can stay up to date with what's going on there
The Centre for Audio Visual Experimentation (CAVE) - http://www.facebook.com/centreforAV

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:45 am

simulcast wrote:Hi Benton,
Yes indeed - visitors are always welcome. The CAVE is in Brisbane though, but if you are in town - please let me know. If you like the FB link in my signature you can stay up to date with what's going on there
Already Liked your FB page! I'll know my Oz itinerary soon, hope I can come visit. Cheers, Benton
Video synthesis for Howling: Lover

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:48 am

Not my studio, but one that takes Residency applications: @SignalCulture in Owego, New York

Signal Culture studio
Last edited by bentoncbainbridge on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 am

bentoncbainbridge wrote:
simulcast wrote:Hi Benton,
Yes indeed - visitors are always welcome. The CAVE is in Brisbane though, but if you are in town - please let me know.
unfortunately just playing in Sydney and Melbourne this leg. hope to visit another time!

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:43 am

new system coming along:

Jones O'Tool
Jones MVIP
LZX ILDA
Make Noise Maths
Synthesis Technology Morphing Terrarium, with
Manhattan Analog MTX expansion
Snazzy FX DroneBank
Doepfer A-199 SPRV Spring Reverb with big springs
other utility modules
RGB Laser
Unicol K-Trolley

Ty
Common Wiggler

Post by Ty » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:01 pm

very cool :sb:

with the two pipes it looks like it runs on steam! :party:

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:10 am

8_)

tachyons+
Common Wiggler

Post by tachyons+ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:38 pm

supersounddesign
Wiggling with Experience

Post by supersounddesign » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Amazing. I want one!

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 pm

qu'est que c'est?
ikkini wrote:Image

8_)

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:43 am

tachyons+ wrote:Image
which one's this? Psychenizer? lookin' good!

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:34 pm

@bentoncbainbridge : It's an Oscillatoscope By Gijs Gieskes.

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 am

Not exactly a picture of my video synth, rather a video of a fun video tool in action - Degausser ring test

[video][/video]

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 am

ikkini wrote:@bentoncbainbridge : It's an Oscillatoscope By Gijs Gieskes.
nice! has anyone on the forum tried it in NTSC? the 'product page' implies it might not work: "NTSC (almost) and PAL"

http://gieskes.nl/shop/

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:05 pm

My video side of the table (almost). Panasonic AVE-3, Gieske's Oscillatoscope1c, GVS1d and Schele Mixer. Also hooked up my PS2 (not in the picture) and a Tetris toy, as well as an old GoPro for live video feeds. The rest in the image is audio stuff.

You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

bentoncbainbridge
Common Wiggler

Post by bentoncbainbridge » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:46 am

flx wrote:My video side of the table (almost). Panasonic AVE-3, Gieske's Oscillatoscope1c, GVS1d and Schele Mixer. Also hooked up my PS2 (not in the picture) and a Tetris toy, as well as an old GoPro for live video feeds. The rest in the image is audio stuff.

sweet rig!

tachyons+
Common Wiggler

Post by tachyons+ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:52 pm

ObfuscatedVisuals
Veteran Wiggler

Obfuscated Visuals

Post by ObfuscatedVisuals » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Greetings!

So a long long time ago I had the pleasure of using a Sandin IP while attending SAIC. In last couple of years I started getting back into trying my hand at live visuals and finally assembled an LZX system.

paulcatanese
Learning to Wiggle

Fun with LZX System

Post by paulcatanese » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 am

Hi Everyone-
first post here; thought I'd share a few pics of the LZX system I've been building for my electronics lab at Columbia College Chicago. Got a few pix of it up and running here - some w/remapping to a mini christie micro-tile wall display... Pix are from a few months ago when setting up the base LZX system - have added about 800hp since then! will post more pix soon---
-paul

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ThatFunnyLookinGuy
Common Wiggler

Re: Fun with LZX System

Post by ThatFunnyLookinGuy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:46 pm

paulcatanese wrote:Hi Everyone-
first post here; thought I'd share a few pics of the LZX system I've been building for my electronics lab at Columbia College Chicago. Got a few pix of it up and running here - some w/remapping to a mini christie micro-tile wall display... Pix are from a few months ago when setting up the base LZX system - have added about 800hp since then! will post more pix soon---
-paul
Awesome system, is this for a class? I go to CCC right now and would be very interested in taking it if so :hyper:

paulcatanese
Learning to Wiggle

re: Re: Fun with LZX System

Post by paulcatanese » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:34 pm

>Awesome system, is this for a class? I go to CCC right now and would be very
>interested in taking it if so

Great question - answer is: soon. In the process of getting the equipment running and settled in the footprint of the electronics lab this winter; going to have some exploratory work done w/grad students this spring; and building the curriculum for classes that will start next academic year. I'm also going to be announcing in the next few days some openings for spots for graduate students in the department to specifically conduct research on this equipment in the context of our media performance, projection mapping, isadora/max-msp integration, and interdisciplinary performance initiatives... some of those will include graduate assistantships and a few will include full paid tuition. Will have more info about getting involved early next week.

Its a pretty awesome system & I'm really excited to see what folks will do with it; for example, in addition to the many LZX modules, just got _two_ ming mecca world core & control cores, and planning on adding a LZX visual cortex so that we'll have four live channels to work with. Have funds set aside to add DaverJ system to the mix when that is ready too; there are some plans to add in some vintage sandin modules as well. Next week, i'll post a full list of the system components & more info about the grad program...

-paul

jbartee
special stage

Re: re: Re: Fun with LZX System

Post by jbartee » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:52 pm

paulcatanese wrote:>Awesome system, is this for a class? I go to CCC right now and would be very
>interested in taking it if so

Great question - answer is: soon. In the process of getting the equipment running and settled in the footprint of the electronics lab this winter; going to have some exploratory work done w/grad students this spring; and building the curriculum for classes that will start next academic year. I'm also going to be announcing in the next few days some openings for spots for graduate students in the department to specifically conduct research on this equipment in the context of our media performance, projection mapping, isadora/max-msp integration, and interdisciplinary performance initiatives... some of those will include graduate assistantships and a few will include full paid tuition. Will have more info about getting involved early next week.

Its a pretty awesome system & I'm really excited to see what folks will do with it; for example, in addition to the many LZX modules, just got _two_ ming mecca world core & control cores, and planning on adding a LZX visual cortex so that we'll have four live channels to work with. Have funds set aside to add DaverJ system to the mix when that is ready too; there are some plans to add in some vintage sandin modules as well. Next week, i'll post a full list of the system components & more info about the grad program...

-paul
This is all so exciting, Paul. I wish a facility like this existed when I was in grad school! Can't wait to hear more about what you guys are up to.

(welcome to the forums btw :guinness: )

ThatFunnyLookinGuy
Common Wiggler

Re: re: Re: Fun with LZX System

Post by ThatFunnyLookinGuy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:56 am

paulcatanese wrote:

-paul
This is beyond awesome, I'm looking forward to learning more. Will I still be able to get involved somehow even though I'm just an audio major (and next semester is my last)?

supersounddesign
Wiggling with Experience

Post by supersounddesign » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:57 pm

LZX with a few other goodies sprinkled on..

Dirty_Bill
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dirty_Bill » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:48 am

That's a rig!

Return to “Video Synthesis”