The vocal gift

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

The vocal gift

Post by Gringo Starr » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:25 pm

About a year and a half ago when I was at work I had my back turned towards the retail space. I heard a woman talking and immediately my ears tuned in to her voice. I immediately knew this woman was capable of singing beautifully. I kept working and kept listening to her voice and couldn’t believe how amazing it sounded. The most stunning sounding voice I had ever heard and that was just based from hearing this woman talk.

At that point I decided I would walk up to her, ask her if I could help her, and then ask her if she’d like to work on some music with me. When I turned around the woman standing in front of me was Annie Lennox. Right then I thought to myself “for fucks sake of course it’s Annie Lennox”. There went my grand idea for a music partner.

Anyways she was born with quite a gift and there’s no amount of vocal training to get depth and silk that she has.

How great it would be to be able to have someone like that singing your melodies. Ever heard someone talking and their voice sounded so nice it made you want to pursue working with them? I would've asked her to work with me had it not been Annie Lennox.
Weed only gives you the illusion that it’s enhancing your creativity.

kinkujin
Common Wiggler

Re: The vocal gift

Post by kinkujin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am

What a great story!

3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: The vocal gift

Post by 3hands » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am

Wow that’s fantastic! I had a very brief chat with Neil Tennant from Pet Shop Boys and it was the same thing. The guy, even in chatting sounded like he was right on the edge of bursting into a song. Man to have him on a release would be unreal....
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Return to “Artist Discussion”