Neuland (Peter Baumann & Paul Haslinger)

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

nostalghia
Ultra Wiggler

Neuland (Peter Baumann & Paul Haslinger)

Post by nostalghia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Tangerine Dream fans (classic era in particular) may be interested in the new duo "Neuland" formed by two past members, Baumann and Haslinger.
First release due out soon (double album, vinyl, CD or Blu-ray w/visuals). Many preview excerpts can be found on their site (move over the images to find playable clips):
https://www.neuland.net

From their "About" page:
"Neuland is a project created and performed during 2018/19 by:
Peter Baumann, original member of Tangerine Dream during the ‘classical ‘period in the ‘70s
Paul Haslinger member of Tangerine Dream from 1985-90
Neuland translates into ‘New Territory’ and reflects the unusual musical and visual landscape at the core of this project.

Neuland was designed as a sensory exploration at a time when many aspects of the landscape of electronic music have come full circle, as the origins of popular electronic music are rediscovered and re-contextualized by a new audience. “We ultimately don't know where this path will lead us, but we enjoy diving into the unknown,” says Haslinger.

The inaugural release, titled ‘Neuland’ is scheduled for release in 2019. It will contain a double-album’s worth of material, and will be released on all platforms, including special edition vinyl. A series of special live events to introduce the projects are planned in conjunction with the release, with a potential tour following in 2020."
“If you look for a meaning, you'll miss everything that happens.” - Andrei Tarkovsky
https://soundcloud.com/nostalghia70s

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

Post by Peake » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:05 am

:sb: :goo: :sb:
This is not the place I'd imagined it to be.

Cyberiad
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Cyberiad » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:35 am

It's great! And very much in the same way as the greatest stuff from TD is, early to mid 70's. The freshest take on the Berlin school sound for years in my opinion. You need to hear the whole album, preferably with headphones, instead of clips in the net... To really understand how the thing works. There was a great interview of the guys in Echoes a few days ago...
:banana:

shaft9000
wait, what?

Re: Neuland (Peter Baumann & Paul Haslinger)

Post by shaft9000 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:53 pm

NICE!!!

thanks for bringing this to our attention :goo:

....i'll have to get some nice, uh, "flowers" this evening, for the dig into it!
youtube.com/shaft9000 ◄ modcan+euro demo:study
shaft9000.muffwiggler.com ◄ singles:mp3
shaft9000.bandcamp.com ◄ album

Return to “Artist Discussion”