Wretched hog synth?

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Wretched hog synth?

Post by Severed head » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 am

Anyone know what synth wolf eyes, most likely Nate Young used on the wretch hog track?
The heavy modulation on the bass note|drum.
Starting From around 9:20 but getting heavy/repetitive around 11:06

I was guess some sorta MPC? Or TR with some mod, I’ve never used either and MPC or any TR’s but I’ve seen pic/shows from that era where NY used one or the other.

[bbvideo.] [/bbvideo]
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

burnn_out!
deep fried intoxicated wiggler

Re: Wretched hog synth?

Post by burnn_out! » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:39 am

I remember seeing them around the burned mind era for the 1st time and they definitely had a mpc 2000. I've spoke to them several times since and asked about some of the sounds and they're usually pretty vague. The information I was given was self made loops with tape (post mpc) and circuit bent things (most likely sampled into the mpc and effected/modulated from there). Later more recent stuff involves a euro rig and a monotribe from what I've spotted
born in bathsalts..

If your not dead you might as well be dancing, and if your not dancing you might as well be dead. - windspirit

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Wretched hog synth?

Post by Severed head » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:33 am

yeah
I know JO is all about the broken shit, and circuit bent stuff,
willoway- 8track tapes of course,
and obviously NY is doing a lot of the beat oriented stuff. which is probably the MPC 2k, probably as you mentioned output an manipulated,.
I never used a MPC so I wasn't sure if the sounds were reminiscent of that sound.

the euro rig seems to have taken the main spot in NY's rig, at least for live sets. from what ive seen
in this interview ( you can see a 6u case NY uses I couldnt quite make out any of the module except that one is 4ms DLD, couple of LS1 lightstrips

was just curious to what gear folks use and thought id see what [people had to say.
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Return to “Artist Discussion”