Neurocore / Experimental speedcore

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Re: Neurocore / Experimental speedcore

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:50 pm

is this neurocore?

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

wuff_miggler
Common Wiggler

Post by wuff_miggler » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:01 pm

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:50 pm
is this neurocore?

this sounds like j-core :-) Confused yet ? :P

sparood
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sparood » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:13 pm

wuff_miggler wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:14 pm
sadly the activity of this thread is closely related to he popularity of that music style :-(
I'm an avid collector of this sort of stuff - and the interest in it has severly waned in most people sadly...when dubstep took the popular electronic music crown - things shifted away from glitch being the coolest thing in the multiverse - to synthesis techniques being the coolest thing ever. I think also a lot of people may have struggled doing anything new with it...especially after hearing producers like Xanopticon, and Atomhead.

Richard devine and datachi are no strange bedfellows to this forum i'm sure- but both have flashcory/splittery moments imo.
I'm not exactly sure what happened, but there was a massive shift from IDM to Dubstep and Techno happening. However Dubstep was more a temporary hype thing and was only really popular between 2010 and 2014, the rise of modern Techno and the influence from Berlin seems to be much more influential for electronic music culture as a whole - at least that's what I am perceiving from being in the Netherlands. If I look at the USA, Dubstep seems to be very popular but in a much more commercial setting in combination with EDM.

However IDM and Glitch is a really interesting style for making, you can't really dance on it (or at least most people don't) and then you have already lost a big chuck of potential listeners and I think some got burned out over the fact that however the style was highly praised by the press and peers, it was never that popular with the bigger crowd (but I might be wrong here).

A high entry barrier needing good knowledge and skill to create an actual decent piece of music, the fact that it will only attract a small crowd and the non-danceability is not very attractive and it's easy to see why most people turn to easier genre's, like Techno.

But yeah, spazzing out on autechre-on-steroids is still a good past-time favourite, if only for the weird looks you get when you let other people listen to it :hihi:

sparood
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sparood » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Undacova and Xanopticon still stand lonely on top of the hill, but sometimes I like to grab something like Ryoji Ikeda as alternative. Not the same, but lots of similarities and friends still think it's unlistenable.

wuff_miggler
Common Wiggler

Post by wuff_miggler » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:51 pm

a friend and i did a radio show "battle" last week going from north american jungle to breakcore to speedcore/splittercore.
Anyone following this thread might enjoy. we had a great two weeks lead up curating and digging for the music.

Return to “Artist Discussion”