Wat is THE most brutal/extreme e-music ever published?

Discuss the music that you love to hear.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

User avatar
Setherian
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: Berlin, Greenland

Post by Setherian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:16 am

Nelson, I never asked about the most "beautiful" music out there, read my first post again, I was very clear about my query! I was just curious about what is to U all the most violent agressive brutal electronic music ever.


Nelson Baboon wrote:while I don't personally think of my music as 'brutal' - I would say the following.

To say - what is the most beautiful of music wouldn't get anything like the responses you want. That is entirely a different context. I'm not sure that you put it in entirely the right way, but obviously 'beautiful' would not have gotten you there.

I think that we are talking about a subset of beautiful. How exactly to put it to get to the type of stuff you want, I don't exactly know.
Setherian wrote:It's interesting how the feeds (moods, intentions) evolve with such a post innit?

Chuck, I forgot about the Lou Reed Metal Machine thing, that is/was quite intense stuff indeed!

#vcos, i will check that stuff soon..

Richard, u seem a smart fella, whats with all the prejudice then? Kitten Basher? kkk

Also, who said Im blocking something by having interest in extremes.
Should I be too ashamed by not being familiar with the whole freaking history of extremism in music? Trust me, Im trying here.. ;)

Why dont u pretend u are in a sweet 28 degrees celsius looking to a beautiful garden with the most ridiculous sunset behind u and be a nice dude and shoot out a "Man, check what X did in his YY work, u might dig it!" kinda attitude?

Dont be so serious, I'm not..

Chuck, Suicide is brutal indeed, in a more "conceptual" sense of course, but wow that tune freaked me out!

...

Obviously many words in this world have many meenings right, all about the contexts right, and I wonder, why be satirical with the subject when the context is so clear? Go figure..


And Nelson, about ur music, I find it sometimes beautiful, sometimes brutal, sometimes none of it, sometimes both together.. generally i enjoy it very much.


ps.:

I think we shouldnt compare beauty with energy, its like comparing a spliff with cosmology. :p



And who didnt understand my question either didnt read it at the first place or is just playing the satiricial smart ass here wich is totally lame.
Last edited by Setherian on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0
Posts: 9168
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Nelson Baboon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:29 am

I understood that, and my response had to do with other people were saying.
Setherian wrote:Nelson, I never asked about the most "beautiful" music out there, read my first post again, I was very clear about my query! I was just curious about what is to U all the most violent agressive brutal e-music ever.


Nelson Baboon wrote:while I don't personally think of my music as 'brutal' - I would say the following.

To say - what is the most beautiful of music wouldn't get anything like the responses you want. That is entirely a different context. I'm not sure that you put it in entirely the right way, but obviously 'beautiful' would not have gotten you there.

I think that we are talking about a subset of beautiful. How exactly to put it to get to the type of stuff you want, I don't exactly know.
Setherian wrote:It's interesting how the feeds (moods, intentions) evolve with such a post innit?

Chuck, I forgot about the Lou Reed Metal Machine thing, that is/was quite intense stuff indeed!

#vcos, i will check that stuff soon..

Richard, u seem a smart fella, whats with all the prejudice then? Kitten Basher? kkk

Also, who said Im blocking something by having interest in extremes.
Should I be too ashamed by not being familiar with the whole freaking history of extremism in music? Trust me, Im trying here.. ;)

Why dont u pretend u are in a sweet 28 degrees celsius looking to a beautiful garden with the most ridiculous sunset behind u and be a nice dude and shoot out a "Man, check what X did in his YY work, u might dig it!" kinda attitude?

Dont be so serious, I'm not..

Chuck, Suicide is brutal indeed, in a more "conceptual" sense of course, but wow that tune freaked me out!

...

Obviously many words in this world have many meenings right, all about the contexts right, and I wonder, why be satirical with the subject when the context is so clear? Go figure..


And Nelson, about ur music, I find it sometimes beautiful, sometimes brutal, sometimes none of it, sometimes both together.. generally i enjoy it very much.


ps.:

I think we shouldnt compare beauty with energy, its like comparing a spliff with cosmology. :p



And who didnt understand my question either didnt read it at the first place or is just playing the satiricial smart ass here wich totally lame.

User avatar
Setherian
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: Berlin, Greenland

Post by Setherian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:37 am

all clear then

User avatar
Setherian
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: Berlin, Greenland

Post by Setherian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:49 am

WTF is e-music? What about an absolute essential abbreviation in order to fit the fucking character limit of the freaking damn topic????

And even if it wasnt, even a monkey knows what E-MUSIC means, if u dont like it, if u prefer a fancier way to talk ur shit, its ur problem. Not ours... that is way to linear of a mentality coming from a dude called "random voltages" I tell ya..

Anyway, it seems to me its such a waste of time writing irrelevant and incoherent bullshit in someone's topic when u dont relate to the subject or when u didnt understand it at the first place just because u are bored and/or miserable.. kkkk

randomvoltage wrote:WTF is 'e-music'... is that like IBM e-business... or is that like when you play a clipped E note over and over and over and call yourself 'extreme'?

My only interest in 'noise' is as a source for random voltage generation. In other words, to make things funky. If music doesn't want to make you take your pants off and dance horizontally, then it has absolutely no place in my life.

User avatar
Hosaka
is board
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:53 am
Location: Filnand

Post by Hosaka » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:51 am

iVardensphere wrote:Also google the bands

Converter
Imminent Starvation
Iszoloscope

All good stuff
Also Asche. Lotsa goodies from Ant-Zen label out there.

Controlled Bleeding is fucking nasty. There's also alot of very twisted material from the finnish noise/power electronics scene. Bizarre Uproar especially, then projects like Clinic of Torture, Sick Seed etc.
How can you call yourself a DJ if you don't even know how to babysit a bunch of kids?

User avatar
Setherian
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: Berlin, Greenland

Post by Setherian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Thanks for all the coherent responses, I will check all those bands out!

Also I had never heard of a term like Power Electronics, gonna research that too..

Pentachoron
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm
Location: United States

Post by Pentachoron » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:05 pm

It's ok to like things. But man, I guess I'm not middle class enough to appreciate such 'musics'. Mommy and daddy got their money's worth by putting those kids through art school.
I’m not “middle class,” and I can honestly say, without snark, I appreciate those two tracks.

I know nothing about the financial or educational backgrounds of the members of Controlled Bleeding, and I’ve never been interested. I prefer to judge the music on its own merits.

About the only remark I can think of at the moment more trite than “art school” is “trust fund.”

User avatar
rec.Koner
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:27 am

Post by rec.Koner » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Power Electronics
[video][/video]

And speaking about subject..

[video][/video]
Last edited by rec.Koner on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c) found on gearslutz

my page

Pentachoron
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm
Location: United States

Post by Pentachoron » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:47 pm

[video][/video]

User avatar
Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon
Posts: 4583
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:38 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post by Soy Sos » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I linked to Nelson's music.
I think it's really great he's posted so much material.

User avatar
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0
Posts: 9168
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Nelson Baboon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm astounded that people have actually mentioned me in this thread. I don't try to make my music sound 'brutal' per se - I just try to make music I like by trying (as much as is possible) to abolish my preconceptions, and let the sounds lead me. That sounds really pretentious, but it's a result of trying to express what I'm trying to do in a very general sense, and likely failing. In any case, if anything, it's a triumph of quantity over quality. I'll just overwhelm you punks with sheer brutality.

User avatar
denim dan
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: CLE

Post by denim dan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 pm

1984 art school noise :hmm:



[video][/video]

User avatar
D Bondi
Common Wiggler
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by D Bondi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:08 am


User avatar
M. Rishi
neg on that, chummer
Posts: 482
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by M. Rishi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:56 am

This is a futile quest.

[video][/video]

User avatar
Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Entrainer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:44 am

This is pretty brutal

[video][/video]

Try to make it through the whole song.

I dare you.
5,159 custom drum samples for electronic music
made from 4 modular systems, drum modules, and some nice analog outboard processing

202 Instruments for Ableton Live/Push (128s), NI Kontakt, and Logic EXS24
41 Kits for NI Maschine, FXPansion Geist, Ableton Drum Racks, and Octatrack Sample Chains
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

User avatar
Entrainer
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3319
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Entrainer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:03 am

And 22 minutes of this on their sound system...

[video][/video]
5,159 custom drum samples for electronic music
made from 4 modular systems, drum modules, and some nice analog outboard processing

202 Instruments for Ableton Live/Push (128s), NI Kontakt, and Logic EXS24
41 Kits for NI Maschine, FXPansion Geist, Ableton Drum Racks, and Octatrack Sample Chains
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

Pentachoron
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm
Location: United States

Post by Pentachoron » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:32 am

denim dan wrote:1984 art school noise :hmm:



[video][/video]
That video would have been much better if the dogs would have started attacking him. As it stands, even the canines were bored with the performance.

That clip is indeed a more concrete and useful example of the term “art school noise.”

User avatar
rec.Koner
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:27 am

Post by rec.Koner » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:36 am

[video][/video]

That's what drum n bass i meant to be
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c) found on gearslutz

my page

Pentachoron
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm
Location: United States

Post by Pentachoron » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 am

M. Rishi wrote:This is a futile quest.

[video][/video]
Five minutes of such stagnant “HNW” might have been effective, but for me 15 just becomes tedious...

estragon
Common Wiggler
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 am
Location: Melbourne

Post by estragon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:04 am

randomvoltage wrote:WTF is 'e-music'... is that like IBM e-business... or is that like when you play a clipped E note over and over and over and call yourself 'extreme'?

My only interest in 'noise' is as a source for random voltage generation. In other words, to make things funky. If music doesn't want to make you take your pants off and dance horizontally, then it has absolutely no place in my life.
Harsh noise isn't entirely distinct from fucking, if that's what you're implying.

User avatar
Hosaka
is board
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:53 am
Location: Filnand

Post by Hosaka » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 am

So Vomir will not be alone, have this one too:

[video][/video]
How can you call yourself a DJ if you don't even know how to babysit a bunch of kids?

User avatar
CJ Miller
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4256
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 pm
Location: Mumfordshire

Post by CJ Miller » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:02 am

rec.Koner wrote:That's what drum n bass i meant to be
:lol: Yikes. I heard PoS years ago when they started releasing stuff on CoreTex Labs and SyCo. Good to hear what they have been doing since!

Also thanks for turning me on to Maruosa! I know what I am listening to at work tonight...

User avatar
dougcl
Number 6
Posts: 4041
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:04 am
Location: Portland OR

Post by dougcl » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:42 am

[video][/video]

The act of posting this here as music makes it music.

Sorry, e-music.

If you would prefer to look at a picture of animal abuse while listening to this, feel free.

Please use headphones.

User avatar
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0
Posts: 9168
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Nelson Baboon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 am

Hosaka wrote:So Vomir will not be alone, have this one too:

[video][/video]
It really starts to get interesting at 3:58.

Pentachoron
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm
Location: United States

Post by Pentachoron » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Nelson Baboon wrote:
Hosaka wrote:So Vomir will not be alone, have this one too:

[video][/video]
It really starts to get interesting at 3:58.
Exactly.

Post Reply

Return to “Artist Discussion”