Using DJ Mixers with modular

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

col
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Using DJ Mixers with modular

Post by col » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:30 pm

dubonaire wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:40 am
Interesting. On some of the other Xones eg the Xone 92 you don't need to use a soldering iron the cards have simple jumpers to remove.
Yeah, not sure why A&H did it that way. It's not like adding a header and a jumper would have pushed the cost up by much! Not that it makes any difference to me as I know my way around a solder iron and don't have any vinyl but i can see how that could be a deal breaker for others.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:48 pm

col wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:30 pm
dubonaire wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:40 am
Interesting. On some of the other Xones eg the Xone 92 you don't need to use a soldering iron the cards have simple jumpers to remove.
Yeah, not sure why A&H did it that way. It's not like adding a header and a jumper would have pushed the cost up by much! Not that it makes any difference to me as I know my way around a solder iron and don't have any vinyl but i can see how that could be a deal breaker for others.
Well I guess if you are using one for vinyl you wouldn't bother converting the RIAA inputs.

Glitzerstrahl
Common Wiggler

Post by Glitzerstrahl » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:00 pm

Also using the Model 1 as my main mixer, though lately I’ve been giging with the ES-9 into Ableton and then back out again using the 1/4 jacks on the ES-9. Much less gear to lug around and having access to the effects in Live is really nice...

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”