My Live Set Journey

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 am

Feel like I'm really close right now, still struggling with the pitch stuff and which sequencers I'm gonna use for the gates - want something more hands on to 'play' with, so er101 is not really an option, but I can use this to add specific intervals which is nice. Right now I'm using a Ladik 8 Step sequencer, er101, 1 channel (8 steps) of the Doepfer Dark Time and lastly the DUSEQ. Feel it's not quite giving me what I want, so need to rethink.

Here's a fairly decent jam, a couple of mistakes around the 5/6min mark, but not too shabby.

[video][/video]

Here's another decent attempt, you can tell I'm struggling a bit with the pitch info, some good parts and some not so good parts!

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:14 am

Getting a bit back on track. Keeping the sequences very basic and adding some more sample layers with the amazing Orthogonal Devices er301. Same scale and notes/intervals being used, still need to fully understand why things sound good so I can repeat and extend the process/performance. I needed a bounce back jam like this one.

Some rough patches, but overall like the flow, just need to be more aware of what I'm bringing and when to make sure I don't fill the sound stage too much (sounds like absolute crap!). Mostly good I think.

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:11 am

Had a good session over the weekend. Came up with something I liked and ran through several takes to record. Came out pretty good, definitely better in the pitch department, but still need to clean it up a bit and also make sure changing the pitch cv from the sources is accessible in order to move along to other parts/sections of the live set.

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:02 am

Been a while since I posted anything. I've been kinda stuck trying to force things a bit with the patch and then started to change small things here and there. As an example, I tried moving from the OC for the quantizer to using the Instruo Harmonaig so I can use the 4 related outputs to drive OSC's. This worked pretty good, but just didn't feel like I was getting as wide a range as I had hoped in terms of melody changes. So after trying that for a bit, decided to change things up some. Added 2 WMD SSM's, one to switch between gate/trigger sequences and the other one to switch between melody sequences. I also added the 3 VCO's and VCF from the AJH MiniMod system (based on the Moog Voyager - WOW!) and using the 101/102 combo to create sequences I can switch between (just so happens to have 4 channels I can use that match up with the WMD SSM's!). So losing some of the improv I was hoping for, but thinking it sounds a bit better.

I've also really been loving using the er301 for some sample playing which layers really well with the other elements. I understand the various ingredients, if you will, I just need to make a friggin recipe!

Here's an instragram clip from last night that I though was decent and shows how I can switch sequences on the fly easily and how the samples can fit in nicely with the sonic canvas.

Instragram Post - anyone know how you can embed an instagram post?

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Here's an upload of a jam I did a couple of weeks ago that I was pretty happy with. The change here was using the ER-101 to create 4 different patterns, then I could select which 2 of the 4 sequences I wanted to send to envelopes via a switched multiple, this also allowed me to have all 4 sequences on one 'channel' or 2 and 2 or any other combination. This meant having to think about the sequences and create ones which could either be played by themselves or added together to create other sequences. I was using the Instruo Harmonaig here to generate 4 related pitch intervals from 1 coming pitch CV and used the various functions on the module to change the modes (?) in order to get some variety. Worked pretty well, but still not convinced whether the Harmonaig is the tool to use. Once I get both my WMD SSM's, I'll have a switch matrix for gates/triggers and one for pitch cv so I can route any combination up to 4 different destinations. I'm hoping this will allow me to more easily switch sound sources, and sequences (trigger and pitch would be independent so I can combine in any way I want).

Feeling a bit stuck at the moment as I was hoping to at least break the 30min mark, need to break out of this thought loop and get moving forward! Learning lots though!

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Here's another one from a few weeks back that is decent and has the same approach. One change I have made and am sticking with is how I'm doing my additional percussion. I was just using a sequential switch, so each out of the switch was going to a different percussive element, so was getting some good patterns from using this which I was adding over top of my main drums (kick, hat, snare). I am now using the Intellijel Shifty as it has a couple of extra things that can add further variation to the percussive patterns (using the random/direction feature along with how many steps should be used) and this has pushed that concept a bit further and I really like the results. Just need to create some more drum kits to use with this setup, it works great as I can sequence this from the same spot I sequence my drums, so keeping everything together, for performance, is great!

This one is a bit slow through the first half, the 2nd half is better. It's also got a bit better levels as well.

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Here's a nice jam from the weekend, using my newly acquired WMD SSM (2 of them), one to manage triggers/gates and the other to manage pitch CV. Using 4 tracks of the Orthogonal Devices to feed into the SSM's and give me the option to use one of four of the er101 tracks or I can combine several tracks together. This combined with the group transform functions offers some nice options for variety and changes.

Really happy with the content of this jam, the transitions aren't great and some of the stuff I do to try and get variation doesn't work great (I was trying to use 4 of the outputs from Harmonaig into the Doepfer Precision adder, then this into the last channel of the SSM so I could have 4 different intervals that I could add or subtract from the sequence - didn't work as great as I wanted, need to rethink how I implement this). Overall though, really like the sound of the AJH Minimod (3 VCO's and the VCF) along with the Oberheim SEM - they sound great together!

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 am

The forever tweaking of a live patch by Ypsi Kid. Had another tweak I added last night that I think helps with the improv side of the live set. I removed one channel from the switch matrix (one channel from the ER101 was removed). I then used the Eloquencer to sequence the main pitch and gate for the sequence (as opposed to using the ER101) - so I could use the randomization feature on the pitch. The pitch was then sent to O&C in Quatermain mode and 1 output to the Pitch CV Switch Matrix and one output (copy) sent to the Instruo Harmonaig so that is tracking the same pitch info as the main sequence. So again, using the different outputs from the Harmonaig going into a precision adder and then the output going into another channel of the pitch cv switch matrix (so this enabled me to added related intervals to both sequences - this is working really well. The other change was to send a copy of the main pitch to the BitBox which was running a stab sample - this really added to the patch and I like what I hear. Had a great jam last night with this patch.

Let me know what you think, interested to hear if others think this is okay, good, too much random? I really like how this one sounds.

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:35 pm

So, I've been looking to not only try and solidify my approach to beats and getting the most dynamic/variation possible with the least amount of effort (so I can concentrate on other duties).

I've enlisted the help of Shakmat Modular Four Bricks Rook and also have a uGrids on the way. The idea is to be able to select the source of the Kick, Snare or HH from either the sequenced stuff on the Eloquencer, patterns from the FBR or patterns from uGrids or some combination of both.

I was using this jam to try and see what I could do with the FBR and was pretty happy with the variation I was able to get. Turned out the jam was pretty good as well, outside of some parts where I struggle with getting the right combination of sound elements, the jam was pretty good (last 5mins and the beginning are probably my favourite bits, the last 5mins really shows the variety you can get using FBR as your rhythmic centre piece).

I'm really loving the dubby chords and how they are playing off of each other and a sound that I really like and have been after for some time. So I feel like I'm getting closer to the overall sound, still work to do on the architecture (the balance between sequenced and improvised material and exactly how to implement this - as you can tell, I've been tweaking some ideas over the past year, can't seem to settle on one way.... yet!).

Not the best recording, but some pretty parts I can build on and stuff that I have saved in terms of patterns, so I can recall in several different ways. I'm thinking that because of my inability to land on one approach for the melodic stuff, maybe I look to try and do a combination of the approaches.

Sorry, stream of consciousness now over - LOL. Let me know what you think and thanks for listening. Cheers.

[video][/video]

Virusinstaller
Common Wiggler

Post by Virusinstaller » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:31 am

Just had a nice long read from the beginning to now & it is great to see the evolution in learning about your rack.
I find with playing live, mutes & switches are just great.
I made a DIY switch that has 4 on-on switches in a matrix. 4 in & 4 out as soon as one switch is flicked the direction of all the triggers are sent to different locations but it is easy to get them to return to the same place.
Veyr handy for variation.

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon May 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Virusinstaller wrote:Just had a nice long read from the beginning to now & it is great to see the evolution in learning about your rack.
I find with playing live, mutes & switches are just great.
I made a DIY switch that has 4 on-on switches in a matrix. 4 in & 4 out as soon as one switch is flicked the direction of all the triggers are sent to different locations but it is easy to get them to return to the same place.
Veyr handy for variation.
Hey - thanks for checking things out man! I agree, mutes and switches are so powerful when setting up a live patch. Gives you options which is always important in a live setting. Pretty stoked about my last jam which I will post, was able to make it 36mins. The big difference for me was using a 16n faderbank as it has really allowed me to 'play' the patch way better with a bit less to think about. It's the small things that make a big difference!

Would love to hear anything you've been working on. Always interested to hear/see how others patch things up for a live setting.

Thanks again man!

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon May 06, 2019 12:22 pm

FINALLY broke the 30mins mark this weekend. A bit same-y in places, but really happy with the changes to the framework as I think it will really allow me a lot of flexibility. What changes did I make this time?

1. Using uGrids in Euclidean mode to generate 6 different patterns (this can be changed based on the Map X and Map Y parameters along with changing the clock /reset that is sent to Four Bricks Rook.
2. Added a 16n Faderbank. This allows me to control the number of triggers from each channel of the uGrids. Also using this to bring some samples in and out from the ER301 along with controlling the wet/dry and feedback parameters of the Roland Demora.
3. Also leveraging the accent outs to fire off some samples in BitBox (so this is nice because it can change when I change drum kits).

This has worked really well in practice, I just need to look to be able to change drum kits and also better change drum patterns (I'm going to patch up a switch so I can change between using Four Bricks Rook and Eloquencer). I think I will also patch up another switch so I can change between uGrids and patterns on the Eloquencer, giving me more options for variation. So the drum patterns need changing a bit and some same-y sections, but really happy with the framework. The recording kind of sucks, levels are not great and some distortion at times (need to look to split off some channels so I can eq better (maybe use a side chain compressor so I don't have so much low end competing with each other).

Next up is to further add kits and samples and the above patching and then try again! So stoked to finally get past the 30min mark!!!

[video][/video]

needto
Common Wiggler

Post by needto » Fri May 10, 2019 10:47 am

That's really nice! Love how you're using the 16n as performance control for Grids, works out really well it seems. Also like the basslines and the samples, especially the ones you drop only every once in a while, gotta learn to do that more, I think it's always a nice sort of seasoning for the music that makes it stand out :hihi:
I got myself a 16n recently as well, playing around with using it as sort of a macro controller where a fader is sent to several parameters of a voice, it's pretty convenient.

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Sun May 19, 2019 10:36 am

Thanks for sharing!

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:38 pm

@needto - how are you getting along with the 16n? Definitely a game changer eh, feel like I'm using it all the time now! Thanks for the kind words man, I need to focus a bit more on locking this approach down as I think it's the best yet. Totally agree with the sparse sample that are dropped (really handy top have those outs on Grids that are related to the main outs). I also recently snagged a Knight's Gallop and White Gallop to help with different patterns and am getting some pretty cool results. Just have to put it together now to add some further variation.

Alright, just a quick update as to where my head is at. Been trying to really use the pythagorean sequencers to help with that end of the live set and then using sample and hold to generate the melody. I can use the 16n to either lock in a sequence of notes or begin to change the chance of a note changing via the 16n. Good results, especially paired with resets, you can get some nice patterns going and then control the amount of hits from the Knight's/White gallop. Need to refocus on the sample side so I have a bunch of samples I can dial up to use sparingly with the sound sources. I also have to setup a switch so I can mix and match sound sources, again, for some variation. Hoping to rejig this week and get some recording done. Been a little distracted as I jumped back into Ableton to make some sketches, something I haven't done in a long time, but was really fun and now have about 3-4 great frameworks that I can turn into tracks.

Anyways, back to lab, hopefully some more recordings soon. Thanks for listening to my rants and feel free to pepper any questions my way.

Cheers!

minigmgoit
Common Wiggler

Post by minigmgoit » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am

Inspiring stuff, I've just been through the whole thing. Very interesting to see your progress and development. I found the trouble you've been having getting the precision adder to play nicely interesting. Do you tune all your oscillators to the same note?
I'm currently waiting for an adder to arrive in the post. I have an Industrial Electronics sequencer that can sequence quantized notes which should be helpful. You've given me many ideas to work on and look into.

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:30 am

minigmgoit wrote:Inspiring stuff, I've just been through the whole thing. Very interesting to see your progress and development. I found the trouble you've been having getting the precision adder to play nicely interesting. Do you tune all your oscillators to the same note?
I'm currently waiting for an adder to arrive in the post. I have an Industrial Electronics sequencer that can sequence quantized notes which should be helpful. You've given me many ideas to work on and look into.
Thanks man, glad you've gotten something out it! What a journey it's been, and still feels like I'm just getting started. Had a bit of a hiatus, but getting back into the studio and pretty stoked to jump back into this.

In terms of tuning my OSC's, I typically try and tune everything to the same note/frequency (most of the time - LOL!).

Would definitely love to hear what you've been up to man! Always fun to see how other folks are doing this.

Cheers!

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:37 am

Hey Folks,

been a few weeks (or months!) due to some more surgery and not being able to stand, but am back at it now and stoked! I've added a Octatrack to help both with live duties and ensuring I sample some of my sessions to build my sample library (so I have a personalized sample library I can look to leverage).

Had a fun on my of my first sessions back and keeping things relatively simple. Same approach to my drums as always (forgot how much I like this setup for drums) and then using the Shakmat Modular Knights Gallop along with Mutable Instruments Grids in Euclidean mode being feed a straight clock. Using the 16n fader to change both Knights Gallop and Grids parameters relating to number of notes in the sequence to get some variation. Triggers are going to Erogenous Tones Rader & Xaoc devices Zadar to open VCA's and Filters. Using the er301 to just play some vocal samples (want to get back into the Voltage Bank on the er-301 - another time). Anyways, turned out pretty good - AJH Synth OSC's (trifecta of them) along with Intellijel Shapeshifter on sound duties.

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:53 am

minigmgoit wrote:I found the trouble you've been having getting the precision adder to play nicely interesting. I'm currently waiting for an adder to arrive in the post. I have an Industrial Electronics sequencer that can sequence quantized notes which should be helpful. You've given me many ideas to work on and look into.
Sorry man, I realized I didn't really answer your question around precision adders. I think having a sequencer that can send quantized notes definitely helps, it's really about knowing where 2 notes will end up when combined - so most likely requires some pre-work to understand which notes would combine well together. I've been too lazy to do this myself, but that's why I think microtuning makes a bit more sense here based on some of their scales (this was my initial thoughts anyway). I was getting some really cool results with the microtuning approach, but also felt the pre-work and then making sure to stick with those ratios while in an improv setting was too much to keep track of, so that's why I've moved back to 12TET (this also makes it easier to work with when I sample stuff) and have haven't been using this as much lately, but can see myself using the adders more for easy variation where you can dial up a few voltages/ratios that can move sequences up and down in a predictable way - which you could probably do with one of the channels of your sequencer anyway. I need to look at this again - ha! It was a very powerful approach, just tough to fully wrap your arms/head around.

Not sure if any of that makes sense, my music theory knowledge is shit, so that's why it takes a lot of energy for me to try and figure stuff out on the melody side. I'm sure if you have some of this knowledge, this may come a bit easier to you. I just go with what sounds good.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:46 am

Slowly getting back to jamming. Been reorganizing my setup a bit to integrate the elektron boxes better. I've had a Digitakt now for about 10 months and been loving the little box. After reading a ton and trying to decide a better way to organize a live rig, I decided to also pickup an Octatrack to serve as the main hub of my rig, so I just picked one of these up earlier this month. Goal is to have the Octatrack as main hub with all my elements running through it (both for performance and sampling reasons - now I can sample anything coming through the system very easily and add this to my own sample library on the Octatrack). Digitakt will be for drums and looking to setup my CV.OCD to send 4 channels of gates/triggers and 4 channels of CV coming from the Octatrack (so most of the sequencing is done on the Octatrack).

Did some setup on the weekend, but running into some funky midi issues which I know I can fix, it will just take a bit of time (3 of 4 channels on the CV.OCD are not working and the automatic changing of patterns of the Digitakt when I change patterns on the Octa is not working) - outside of these issues, I was able to get everything working, in sync and had a bit of jam. Super excited about the possibilities of this, especially with sampling so I can pair down what I need for a live rig while still keeping things fresh and somewhat improv.

Here is my first jam with the integrated rig...

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Wow, the Octatrack feels like the missing piece. As I get more comfortable with it, I'm using the inputs for both the modular, Oberheim SEM & Digitakt. This allows me to live sample on the fly and then flip the samples. Finding this super powerful and fun and think this may be what I'm looking for. A bit outside of what I started with, but want to use the pythagorean sequencer on the Mutable Instruments Grids to come up with gate/trigger sequences then using Ornament & Crime to quantize. This allows for a lot of variability and I can also change the clock coming into which further adds to what patterns I can generate. This is a jam of me using this approach and very happy with it outside some mistakes, but for pretty much a first jam, I'm loving it.

As always, let me know if you have questions.

[video][/video]

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 am

Hey folks,

so I think I may have landed at a pretty final configuration for the live patch and architecture for the live set - only taken about 2.5yrs! Had a trip up to Ottawa on the weekend to see an old friend and packed up the gear I would need for a live set as currently setup:

Modular Rack (4 rows of 84HP)
Octatrack
Digitakt
Zoia (this was my first time using it, but already love this little box)
Roland MX-1

Setup was easy and having the 8 pre-built kits and basic patterns was nice to use as jumping off points for a jam. Had a couple of jams with my friend, just basically talking about a high level framework of how to play and it sounded pretty damn good. So I'll be running through the setup several times over the next fee weeks to really know it inside and out, but really think this is finally it outside of maybe changing a VCO or something. More videos to come of me putting this architecture/framwork through its paces. About time, this has been a very long, but very rewarding journey.

I ended up using modular grid to have a copy of the patch for future reference. If your interested in the patch, you can find it here:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/view/55577

As a quick description:

Overall Architecture:

- Octatrack is the performance mixer, output from modular goes into Octatrack channel C (live looping & mangling)
- Modular drums (my percussion technique that I love) is being sent to the Digitakt from 1010 Music Bitbox and going through the sampling input so I can switch this on and off when I want as it adds some really nice groove/skip to the drums
- Digitakt is being used as my one shot/drum sampler and connected to Octatrack input A&B (live looping & mangling)
- Octatrack is going onto input 1&2 of the MX-1
- Octractrack Cue out is going to the Zoia so I can control what channels of the Octatrack are sent to Zoia effects
- Zoia output goes into channel 3&4 of the MX-1 so more control while also the ability to layer more effects from the MX-1 overtop

(** personal note - if the SEM is not going into input 4 of Octatrack, potentially just use Mono out from Digitakt and then I would have space to route the Zoia's output back into the Octatrack as opposed to the MX-1)

Modular Patch:

- concept is to have 2 'channels' of sounds that I can use together or just use one channel (channel being defined as basically a full voice with OSC, VCA, Filter & modulation)

- 6 different gate/trigger outputs from the Mutable Instruments Grids in Pythagorean sequencer mode (this gives me a ton of options for gate/trigger patterns)
- 4 different sound sources, so I can choose any 2 of the sound sources at any time using any of the gate/trigger patterns (limitation here is that I have 2 sound sources per 'channel', so not fully switchable, not enough rack space to accomplish that)

- Gate/Trigger outs from Grids into 2 WMD Switch Matrix modules
- the outs from the Switch matrix feed into Maths / Zadar / each other (this is so that the gates/triggers that are being feed into Switch Matrix 1 can be available on Switch Matrix 2 and vice versa) - means any of the 6 gate/trigger sources can be used with either 'channel'
- Maths used as the Envelopes for 'Channel' 1 & 'Channel 2'
- Zadar modulation is used for both filter modulation which is triggered in time with the VCA envelopes / can also use the modulation on the DPO for complex sounds/variation (you have the ability to switch out gates for the Zadar, so they are not being triggered directly in time with the sound sources, again, just adds some other variations to the modulation if so desired)

- 1 mixer (Intellijel Quad VCA) is being used for 'Channel 1' which has the DPO and E352 as the sound elements that I can select separately or together
- the other mixer (NANO Modules MAR) has the Erica Synths Wavetable VCO and 3 AJH MiniMod VCO's going onto it so I can select either the trio of AJH OSC's or the Black Wavetable OCS
- The outs from each mixer are feed into Intellijel Linux which is my main out/mixer

- Winter Modular Eloquencer is my main clock being feed into the Enhanced Midi Module which feeds the clock onto the Octatrack and Digitakt
- Eloquencer gate outs are being used to clock Grids so I can change the clock for more variation
- Eloquencer gate out also feeds into reset of Grids adding more flexibility with respect to what is feeding Grids, again, more options to change sequences that is easily controllable
- Can also ise the CV outs for more modulation
- Sequence from the Eloquencer goes into the Intellijel Shifty, each Gate/Trigger out goes into a separate channels on the 1010 Music Bitbox which gives me my percussion groove/skip
- the L/R channels from Bitbox are feed into the Intellijel Linux and their individual outputs are sent to the Digitakt (so they are not being feed into the main output and sent directly to the Octatrack)

And that about sums it up. Great fun and powerful setup, especially when you combine this with the live looping tricks you get with the Octatrack.

Let me know if you have questions, always happy to help and talk about patching!

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Hey guys,

wanted to post my latest jam, super happy with how this one has turned out. After Steevio posted his latest jam and setup overview, it made me realize that I've deviated a bit from my original architecture. I decided to make a 84HP sequencing rack out of modules I already had and was using before with some slight changes based on some info in the Steevio video. Man, am I happy that I made the change. This along with a slight tweak to how I'm configuring the Octatrack.

In terms of the Octatrack, I moved from using patterns as different 'kits' to having each Bank represent different 'kits'. The reason for this is that I can use each pattern in the banks to hold different configurations of patterns to slice up the live looping stuff. I can then also use the 4 parts for each bank as further ways to arrive at different points with the same material or have access to loops/one shots or different machine configurations. Basically allowing me to grow and get more complex as I get more comfortable with the setup!

I only used 1 or 2 patterns per bank and only have about 4 banks created, so need some more pre-work and I'll have a wealth of options to slice/dice/mangle audio from the modular. Also added one track to hold samples (just used in this jam for the vocal samples, but am thinking about also adding breakbeats).

All in all, very happy with the jam. You'll notice some mistakes and some spots it gets a bit stale while I'm changing things, but for the first ever run through with this, I am really impressed with the versatility. Finally feels like all the work over the past 2 years is coming together!

Always happy to chat about the setup or answer questions. Let me know what you think and whether you have any questions.

** apologies as I uploaded the unedited version with that bad intro (wrong vocal sample used and the sample was WAY too loud). Apologies if you listened to that and kudos if you got past the start and stops for the first 3-4mins!

[video][/video]

Cheers!

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Post by Ypsi Kid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Quick update. I've now committed to a performance rig, gonna use 2 Intellijel 7u Performance cases which will allow me to have my full sequencing approach along with a nice selection of sound sources. Feeling really happy where this has landed. Outside of a few updates to the performance pieces on the Octatrack, think this will allow me to hit 60mins easily. Just waiting on getting the cases so I can hook everything up and then a matter of getting more reps in to further build the muscle memory.

Should start to have longer jam videos on YouTube as early as this weekend. Man, this has been a long but rewarding journey. Super excited to arrive at my destination after a few years of work. Now I just have to get gigs - LOL!

I'll also post an updated rig and patch overview on modular grid in the coming days so you can see where things have landed and how I have everything wired.

What a journey!

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”