From 420hp to 168hp -> my new performance suitcase!

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

jonny_w
Wiggling with Experience

From 420hp to 168hp -> my new performance suitcase!

Post by jonny_w » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:58 pm

To be honest, I was completely overwhelmed by my 420hp case. I expanded too fast, too soon (easy to do when you DIY & have too much free time).

So I pared it down, way down. Sold the Pittsburgh EP-420 and picked up a used DIY suitcase with 7Ux84hp. Surprise surprise, I'm *WAY* more inspired. I'm patching this thing constantly. Anybody else drastically reduce their system size? I'm really happy with how this turned out. I may eventually sequence it with my Beatstep Pro, but right now I'm more than happy doing feedback patches & droning away!

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: From 420hp to 168hp -> my new performance suitcase!

Post by lisa » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 pm

I’m very inspiered and productive with any of my two EP-420 cases. Recently I’ve recorded one or two patches every day (I’m on parental leave :)).

I’m thinking that buying and DIYing might be a culprit? I mean, it takes time to pick, order and build a module and that’s time when you’re not patching.
New modular track! My first in six months. :party: Messy and unglued.

snevlida14
Common Wiggler

Re: From 420hp to 168hp -> my new performance suitcase!

Post by snevlida14 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:05 am

Every time I actually admit I don’t use/like a module and I sell it I become more inspired to patch more. I have my modular split up into sections that can be used separately for that reason.

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”