Let's see your performance case!

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:57 am

Here one of my small 5U cases I recently finished reworking. Not very stable at all with the legs fully extend but I wanted to try it! :mrgreen:

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Looks great John!

When I used to stabilize camera tripods - often times we would hang sandbags (or any weight) from the legs. Maybe a brick or power brick could help. This hammock could very easily be adapted to the cotter pin holes of your legs, for example.

~Robin
Seeking the esoteric and funky in 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

Oasis_Pyramid
Common Wiggler

Post by Oasis_Pyramid » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:52 am

uebl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by uebl » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:05 am

Love it. Do you have any (live) recording of what you're doing with this? Do you mix in the rack or outside of it? (I guess outside because from the Happy Nerding module aside I don't really see anything with audio mixing capabilities.)

tenshun
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tenshun » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Here my latest setup for performing live.
Using the nlc modules for sequencing the drones noise while the Four bricks rook does all the drum sequencing.

krv
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by krv » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:42 pm

My latest performance... bag
Everything fits into a three space rucksack

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:33 am

krv wrote:My latest performance... bag
Everything fits into a three space rucksack

Gotta love the Coco for getting weird live.

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Here's my skiff! Might replace a module or two at some point, but I was quite satisfied with this confiquration at a gig I played today.
RYO Airtenuators really help as there are a load of CV ins without a dedicated attenuator :waah:

Fast beat the feet, fast fall the hands!

Current gear: About 9U of eurocrack modulz, Waldorf Streichfett, Roland VR-09 (haz nice Hammondz on it), Cubase 5, Yamaha MX16 USB-MIDI interface + Washburn T12B Bass guitar, Eko S-300 Strat copy (the guitars are mostly for demos, sampling or playing shitty punk).

DruidTek
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DruidTek » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:01 am

I designed this performance case around the 1010music modules and a faderbank 16n. I have 2 bitboxes so I can crossfade between sample sets, and it's set up to resample and/or record synthbox parts on the fly. The Hyrlo stereo mixers have come in very handy for this 84HP setup.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:41 pm

I almost had NO modular gear in my setup at last night's show, just 2 Synth Tech modules in a 4ms 20hp Pod case. :eek: :hihi:

Additionally I used a Mellotron Micro and a Vermona PerFOURmer MkII, all on a stand including the pedal board. I used a Quik-Loc X stand and an On-Stage KSA8500 Deluxe Keyboard Tier:

Adam-V
Count Modula

Post by Adam-V » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:35 am

Multiturn dial on the pitch of CBVCO! :sb:

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 am

Adam-V wrote:Multiturn dial on the pitch of CBVCO! :sb:
:hihi: It's just the dial though, still the same pot. I put that dial on there just for the locking feature.

Geir
Common Wiggler

Post by Geir » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:46 pm

My euro case with the PP-keyboard, and my beloved Buchla Music Easel.

franman69
Veteran Wiggler

Post by franman69 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:35 pm

Image[/img]

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Post by fruitsnake » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:07 pm

JohnLRice wrote:I almost had NO modular gear in my setup at last night's show, just 2 Synth Tech modules in a 4ms 20hp Pod case. :eek: :hihi:

Additionally I used a Mellotron Micro and a Vermona PerFOURmer MkII, all on a stand including the pedal board. I used a Quik-Loc X stand and an On-Stage KSA8500 Deluxe Keyboard Tier:
holy shit! Miku Stomp! :wookie: :wookie: :wookie:

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:26 pm

fruitsnake wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:I almost had NO modular gear in my setup at last night's show, just 2 Synth Tech modules in a 4ms 20hp Pod case. :eek: :hihi:

Additionally I used a Mellotron Micro and a Vermona PerFOURmer MkII, all on a stand including the pedal board.
:tu: :mrgreen: FWIW here's a video of my performance with that setup. I was sporadically playing the E950+E951 Speak N Spell modules by hand and processed its output through the Miku Stomp. It doesn't get going musically until about 3 minutes in and the first use of the Miku isn't until just before the 6 minute mark:
[video][/video]

And here's something I did a year ago that has a more musical use of the Miku where I played a Mellotron Micro through it. (just on the first half):
https://soundcloud.com/johnlrice/noodles-for-neko

minigmgoit
Common Wiggler

Post by minigmgoit » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Work in progress. Need to concentrate on utilities, VCOs and fx for a bit.

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Post by fruitsnake » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:45 pm

mmmmm Mellotron Miku combo is sooo tasty

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 pm

fruitsnake wrote:mmmmm Mellotron Miku combo is sooo tasty
Thanks 8-)

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Post by fruitsnake » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Just got my stage case outfitted with Nebulae.
You can't see in the pics, but there's Meng Qi Please Exist transformers mounted in the back. Now I'm just waiting on some vactrols to make a DIY passive VCA to fill that tiny space to the right of the power module.

minigmgoit
Common Wiggler

Post by minigmgoit » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:36 am

I did my first gig with modular equipment on Thursday night. I decided to go hard or go home. It was mangled breaks and acid with heavy heavy sub bass. Here’s my Rave Machine:
Attachments
1DCB7C12-7057-44BD-A54D-CE2700C35A61.jpeg
1DCB7C12-7057-44BD-A54D-CE2700C35A61.jpeg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 155 times

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 am

JohnLRice wrote:
fruitsnake wrote:

Additionally I used a Mellotron Micro and a Vermona PerFOURmer MkII, all on a stand including the pedal board.
:tu: :mrgreen: FWIW here's a video of my performance with that setup. I was sporadically playing the E950+E951 Speak N Spell modules by hand and processed its output through the Miku Stomp. It doesn't get going musically until about 3 minutes in and the first use of the Miku isn't until just before the 6 minute mark:
[video][/video]

And here's something I did a year ago that has a more musical use of the Miku where I played a Mellotron Micro through it. (just on the first half):
https://soundcloud.com/johnlrice/noodles-for-neko
WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!! LIVE GIG YOWZAH !!!!

For chrisakes John .... 'AT WAS AMAZIN !!!!

.... damn it .... I wish I lived nearby you ... I mean, I'd fit in with the Seattle Scene about as well as stuffin a watermelon into a garbage disposal ... but still ... that live performance is AMAZIN !!!!!

The Sun is just peeking over the nearby eastern mountains (it's only just 6am) ... the B12 is just kicking in ... and this performance of yours is the perfect soundtrack for this moment.

So guuud ..... so very very guuuud.

:hail: :sb: :yay: :trampoline: :stardance: :headbang:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
... I'm dyin' in a vat in the garage ...

VM
Common Wiggler

Post by VM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 am

This is my live rig (top) from a recent performance and my travel case (bottom) that I take on work trips. 2 rows 84HP, everything fits into the pelican flight case, which I take as carry-on.

For the gig, the mic went straight into the PA, not through the modular. The pedal is sent/returned via the Malekko module of the same name, and for this gig was just giving some stereo space to the kicks from the BIA.

Diabolik!
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Diabolik! » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:07 pm

the prospect of traveling with my new project has come up, so I had to rearrange and rethink things so i can get on a plane without checking bags: Image

i took all sequencers and my Atlantis out of the rack, and replaced it with the WMD performance mixer w/some xtras. It seemed a little excessive in terms of cost and space, but now that i have everything set up i have no regrets. The performance mixer really ties everything together and eliminates the need to lug around an external mixer.

gonna be sequencing with MPC Live and CVOCD. pretty sparked on this setup so far.

carlfunkenn
Common Wiggler

Post by carlfunkenn » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:13 am

franman69 wrote:Image[/img]
:yay:

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”