Modulars + Gongs Live!

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
JohnLRice

Modulars + Gongs Live!

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 am

Please post only pictures and/or videos of live modular synth performances where at least one gong or tamtam is visible! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :goo: :goo: :goo: :goo: :goo: :goo: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb: :sb:

I'll start with my same old picture of my only public live modular + gong performance so far . . .

Image

User avatar
subultresk
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Wildeshausen

Re: Modulars + Gongs Live!

Post by subultresk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
I'll start with my same old picture of my only public live modular + gong performance so far . . .
Congratulations for this topic! I really like that photograph - and i've waited a long time for this thread!

Before we start going deeper into frequencies i'll better legalize myself. I assume that Tam-Tams are also accepted! :zombie:

Image
_____________________

bohnes.de

JohnLRice

Re: Modulars + Gongs Live!

Post by JohnLRice » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:05 pm

subultresk wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
I'll start with my same old picture of my only public live modular + gong performance so far . . .
Congratulations for this topic! I really like that photograph - and i've waited a long time for this thread!

Before we start going deeper into frequencies i'll better legalize myself. I assume that Tam-Tams are also accepted! :zombie:

Image
Cool! :tu: Thanks for posting! And yes, tam-tams rawk! :sb:

User avatar
CJ Miller
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4256
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 pm
Location: Mumfordshire

Post by CJ Miller » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Saved this thread as my home page. :sb:

User avatar
subultresk
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Wildeshausen

Post by subultresk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:24 am

Since it's so quiet it might be a good thing to start with a reminiscence.
TamTam, Microphones, Filters and Speakers.

[video][/video]
_____________________

bohnes.de

User avatar
subultresk
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Wildeshausen

Post by subultresk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:31 am

…

Image

:party:
_____________________

bohnes.de

Slabwax
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Slabwax » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Great thread!

And I know that this shameless But If you are on the west coast (of U.S.) I'll be doing a mini tour in November of mostly processed tams and resonate metals. I'll post info in the right place.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Slabwax wrote:Great thread!

And I know that this shameless But If you are on the west coast (of U.S.) I'll be doing a mini tour in November of mostly processed tams and resonate metals. I'll post info in the right place.
Cool! I hope I can catch your show!

User avatar
subultresk
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Wildeshausen

Post by subultresk » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Slabwax wrote:Great thread!

And I know that this shameless But...
But!!!???? :woah:

i wished to be at the west coast!

:tu:
_____________________

bohnes.de

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:30 pm

I keep trying to find a YouTube video but I can't, maybe someone in this thread knows? It was of a guy who created an installation in a museum or gallery etc where he had many large wind gongs hanging from the ceiling with some sort of transducer on each and he would feed tones to the transducers to get the gongs going, or something like that. It sounded great. Maybe it's the guy who is making those small portable gongs in a case with an amp and transducer or??? :hmm:

Slabwax
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Slabwax » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:40 pm

John, is this it? It's not Youtube but a web site http://ericarcher.net/devices/electric-gongs/
Last edited by Slabwax on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slabwax
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Slabwax » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 pm

subultresk wrote:
Slabwax wrote:Great thread!

And I know that this shameless But...
But!!!???? :woah:

i wished to be at the west coast!

:tu:


Be careful what you wish for, I'm in the middle of booking a European tour thats starts and ends in Germany for April 2014.

User avatar
subultresk
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Wildeshausen

Post by subultresk » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Slabwax wrote:
subultresk wrote:
Slabwax wrote:Great thread!

And I know that this shameless But...
But!!!???? :woah:

i wished to be at the west coast!

:tu:


Be careful what you wish for, I'm in the middle of booking a European tour thats starts and ends in Germany for April 2014.
Great! So i also hope i can catch a show! :yay:
Would you tell us something about the processing?
_____________________

bohnes.de

floris
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: belgium

Post by floris » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Imageπ

Was last year in Hasselt, Belgium.

the wires were pick-up and piezo going to electronic circuits located behind the pianos

I'm making a new gong installation without the pianos at the moment.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 pm

floris wrote:Imageπ

Was last year in Hasselt, Belgium.

the wires were pick-up and piezo going to electronic circuits located behind the pianos

I'm making a new gong installation without the pianos at the moment.
Awesome! :party: :goo: :bacon:

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:27 am

[video][/video]

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:01 am

I took some pictures of wiggler Dallas Acid and his band on Saturday. Their percussionist uses one of the biggest gongs you are likely to see in a touring club act! :goo: :sb: :party: :nana: :tu: Below are a few pics, there are more on my Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnlrice ... 6782431667

Their website is here: http://dallasacid.com/

Image

Image

Image

Image

EDIT: :doh: I forgot to mention and maybe I shouldn't have posted Dallas Acid in this thread but while one of the keyboardists has a large 5U modular and I believe he has used it at live gigs (I think :hmm: ) he didn't have a modular at this gig! :oops:

Post Reply

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”