MIDITRIBE Discussion Thread

Support and discussion for Amazing Machines products.

Moderators: Kent, Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri May 18, 2012 2:55 am

Keiowas wrote:So.. It has been may 15.
Still the same thing in the store.
???
Hi Christian,

Yes, our supplier has once again delayed the delivery of the MIDI connectors, they said they will deliver it today so we will probably have it back in stock by next week.
Sorry for the inconvenience but we rely on our suppliers, if we can't get the parts we can't build anything, we hope we can count on your understanding.

Many Thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines

Keiowas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Keiowas » Fri May 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Of course. Just hoping i can get it soon.
Ill be looking for it.
Thanks again for a fast reply.

Keiowas
Learning to Wiggle

Miditribe

Post by Keiowas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 am

Still no miditribes?
I dont want to be rude or anything. I understand tthat this is frustrating for you to.
I just want to get midi for my monotribe.
Best regards
Christian.

Keiowas
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Keiowas » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 am

At last.. I have ordered one. Thank you!

hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

monotribe & iphone sequencer?

Post by hamildad » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:02 am

Having seen that using USB->MIDI cables does not provide enough power to send data to the monotribe, Would the various MIDI interfaces for the iphone be successful?

I am asking as I would be interested in using the various midi sequencers for IOS with the Monotribe, this would make it a powerful analog pattern synth and fully portable too!

So sequencer IOS app sending data via an iphone MIDI interface and then (using a quarter inch to common MIDI adaptor) into the MIDI ports on a monotribe (using your great mod).

Has anyone else had experience or could test if for me?

thanks.

CheaP_CHip
1-Post Wiggler

Re: monotribe & iphone sequencer?

Post by CheaP_CHip » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:45 am

hamildad wrote:Having seen that using USB->MIDI cables does not provide enough power to send data to the monotribe, Would the various MIDI interfaces for the iphone be successful?

I am asking as I would be interested in using the various midi sequencers for IOS with the Monotribe, this would make it a powerful analog pattern synth and fully portable too!

So sequencer IOS app sending data via an iphone MIDI interface and then (using a quarter inch to common MIDI adaptor) into the MIDI ports on a monotribe (using your great mod).

thanks.
Hi, from my point of view you should buy the iconnect device, with that you can connect iphone, Ipad and computers with the miditribe. It also works as a midimerger. Has two 5pole Midi In/Outs. With that thing you can use all the sequencer apps and mini-daws to control miditribe and vintage gear.
Best
Cheap Chip

hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hamildad » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:06 pm

thanks, but the price of this puts it out of reach for me, especially as its DC power supplied, and I would rather keep the monotribe portable.

I've seen a few reviews that really sell this thing, but $200 is too much.

MrBlenderson
1-Post Wiggler

When can I order one?

Post by MrBlenderson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I finally got around to ordering a MIDItribe today, and it says it's out of stock!

When can I order one?

erector
1-Post Wiggler

Post by erector » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Just posting to say that the MIDItribe has got to be one of the best purchases I've made in a long while. Elevated the Monotribe from a fun diversion to something I could actually seriously use. Good stuff!

Kingnimrod
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kingnimrod » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Just installed the Miditribe kit last night. I could have built the kit myself, but it was well worth it to avoid the hassle. Works great, and well-built. Also, have to mention that the instructions were very easy to follow. The only thing I'd add is a template to cut holes in the case for panel mounting the midi connectors.

gonzodrums
Learning to Wiggle

Korg Electribe

Post by gonzodrums » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 am

Hello guys!

Have you got any experience with Korg EMX-1? I assume I can use it as a MIDI controller and connect to the Miditribe I/O?

I'm going to order a Miditribe this week, I hope everything goes well with selling (?)

Greetings,
Artur

mrkarl
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mrkarl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 pm

now I can use my monotribe with my cirklon....works great....and, your little kit fit's in really nice with the unit

gonzodrums
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gonzodrums » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 am

gonzodrums
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gonzodrums » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:15 am

And one month later ...

http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/sold_out.html

Anybody here ??? Admin?

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Re: Miditribe

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:04 am

Keiowas wrote:Still no miditribes?
I dont want to be rude or anything. I understand tthat this is frustrating for you to.
I just want to get midi for my monotribe.
Best regards
Christian.
Hi Keiowas,

Sorry for the late reply, for some odd reason we are not receiving notifications from the forum threads. We hope you have got your MIDITRIBE by now, if not they are available at http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/store.html

Many Thanks,
Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Re: monotribe & iphone sequencer?

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:16 am

hamildad wrote:Having seen that using USB->MIDI cables does not provide enough power to send data to the monotribe, Would the various MIDI interfaces for the iphone be successful?

thanks.
Hi hamildad,

Sorry for the late reply, for some odd reason we are not receiving notifications from the forum threads.

Reports are that it should work fine with the IK Multimedia interface and any other MIDI interface built for iDevices, only generic USB to MIDI cables are reported to fail, they are said to be class compliant but that's not always the truth.

Many Thanks,
Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Re: When can I order one?

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:20 am

MrBlenderson wrote:I finally got around to ordering a MIDItribe today, and it says it's out of stock!

When can I order one?
Hi MrBlenderson,

Sorry for the late reply, for some odd reason we are not receiving notifications from the forum threads.

We hope you have got your MIDITRIBE by now, if not, they are available at http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/store.html

Many Thanks,
Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:26 am

gonzodrums wrote:And one month later ...

http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/sold_out.html

Anybody here ??? Admin?
Hi gonzodrums,

We hope you have got your MIDITRIBE by now, if not, they are available at http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/store.html

About the EMX-1, it should work perfectly, we never heard of any issues with regards to the Electribes.

Many Thanks,
Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:30 am

Kingnimrod wrote:Just installed the Miditribe kit last night. I could have built the kit myself, but it was well worth it to avoid the hassle. Works great, and well-built. Also, have to mention that the instructions were very easy to follow. The only thing I'd add is a template to cut holes in the case for panel mounting the midi connectors.
Hi Kingnimrod,

Thanks for sharing :0)

Best Regards,
Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:31 am

erector wrote:Just posting to say that the MIDItribe has got to be one of the best purchases I've made in a long while. Elevated the Monotribe from a fun diversion to something I could actually seriously use. Good stuff!
Hi erector,

Best Regards,
Amazing Machines

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:32 am

mrkarl wrote:now I can use my monotribe with my cirklon....works great....and, your little kit fit's in really nice with the unit
Hi mrkarl,

Best Regards,
Amazing Machines

roechel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by roechel » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 am

hi gabriel

i got your midikit a few days ago and i also did some mods like the snare+bd decay and so on...

now everything is installed, but when i try to clock the miditribe via midi (ableton live 8/focusrite scarlett 16i8-Midiport) i just get a doubletempo clock. i tried with some other devices with midi...but still the same. it seems also that the notes played via midi are doubletriggered.

any idea, what the problem could be?!

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 pm

roechel wrote:hi gabriel

i got your midikit a few days ago and i also did some mods like the snare+bd decay and so on...

now everything is installed, but when i try to clock the miditribe via midi (ableton live 8/focusrite scarlett 16i8-Midiport) i just get a doubletempo clock. i tried with some other devices with midi...but still the same. it seems also that the notes played via midi are doubletriggered.

any idea, what the problem could be?!
Hi Roechel,

It is a design limitation on the Monotribe, the size of the sequencer pattern is half a bar in 1/16 or 1/32 if you use it in 16 steps mode, don't matter what it will play the full sequence 2 times per bar when synced to MIDI Clock, your best option is to use an external sequencer or sync it from the sync pulse input.

As for double triggering, it's probably the LFO repeating itself, if you set it to 1SHOT it should work properly, if that's not the case then you are probably hearing the click on the VCA when you send a note off message, again this is a design limitation on the Monotribe, it has no proper release on the VCA Envelope, to avoid that you must play notes as close a possible to each other, don't leave gaps between the notes.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Best Regards,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines

roechel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by roechel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 am

ey gabriel

thanks for the answering, so the midiclockproblem is not a miditribe interface problem.

thats all i wanted to know. so i will clock it via sync pulse.

the double trigger was a momentary issue...seems to work know...of course the lfo has to be setted on one shot :mrgreen:

thanks again.

greetings

Amazing Machines
Common Wiggler

Post by Amazing Machines » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

roechel wrote:ey gabriel

thanks for the answering, so the midiclockproblem is not a miditribe interface problem.

thats all i wanted to know. so i will clock it via sync pulse.

the double trigger was a momentary issue...seems to work know...of course the lfo has to be setted on one shot :mrgreen:

thanks again.

greetings
Hi Roechel,

You are very welcome :tu:

Cheers,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines

Return to “Amazing Machines”